• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IS 2 greatest tank of ww2

JS2 maybe "greatest tank" for shear size... if you like that stuff. It was big, thick and bad ***. But it was also ugly and loud. You could hear its deisel engine long before seeing it, and if that didn't tip you off, the exhaust smoke would.

However, if speed, maneuverabilty and reliability with a decent main gun then the "light" M24 Chaffee gets my vote. No match against the armor of a T-34, as was seen in Korea. But if I had to drive either, the smooth and quiet Chaffee wins hands down with its automatic transmission.

If you need more armor, the "medium" Panther is my next choice. Only tank in WW2 that could spin both treads in opposite directions. The M24 also used the same torsion rod suspension providing a superior off-road ride. Today, the Panther draws the biggest crowd and therefore the most popular tank of WW2. Just show various tank pictures to random ppl, the Panther will get the most nods. JS2?, wtf is a JS2!

If I had the money, The Panther would be "the" tank in my stable. Alongside a T-34 to piss on, a "designed by commitee" M3 Lee to laugh at, and my everyday driver: the twin Cadillac M24. Wouldn't even bother owning a heavy tank, only good for killing the grass they're parked on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just going back to one of the original posts in this thread, because unlike some others, I don't jump onto the silly IS2 bandwagon :rolleyes:

:D

It's generally accepted that its the PANTHER, best all around tank - offense/defense/speed etc.:D

If the war had progressed longer, it would probably have been the PANTHER II. Wish I could find that web site with the pictures of the only PANTHER II in existence (test model I believe).

I won't even go into what I think of the IS-2...:p

Upvote 0
@ Twrecks & Moe

Taking into consideration the first posts by our much maligned prophet 7thguardstankdiv and the prevailing tone of most of the thread, posts like yours re the Panther make as much sense as my tentative suggestion to you to christen any potentially forthcoming 'serious' thread you can create at any time about the merits of the Nazi murdermachine that is the Panther 'The Holy Chapel of Speer and his Beatific Panthers'... :rolleyes: :IS2:

Upvote 0

I get it, the OP is a joke and the entire thread is populated with clowns banging the JS-2 gong, including yourself. That's cool.

Forgot to mention the white star spangled M24 Chaffee also had hydraulic turret traverse and a gyro stabilizer for the main gun. Plus, the Ma Duece pointed backwards from the commander hatch, in your face a rear facing .50 caliber MG! Best of all, it's MURICAN eff yea! I'll just use my silly little radio to call an air strike down on your lumbering fat Joe. Muhahaha!

Upvote 0
And what do you hope to accomplish, puny capitalist banker-tanker, with your miniscule vehicle of corporatization? Do you really confide in your silly little radio will aid you when you are faced with the glorious, cat-killing 122mm shells of workers' liberation? And even if you were not busy chewing on broneboyniy borsch, do you not know that the righteous rear-firing MG of our obviously much superior peoples' tank is also accompanied by its bigger and more determined brother, the 12.7mm Dushka of Justice, a clearly superior implement in every regard to your feeble and decadent "Ma Deuce", especially in dealing with your overly-technologized excuse for CAS aircraft?? :IS2:

Upvote 0
Oww...

You will never defeat a decadent democracy. As I ride off in style with your wives and daughters in my bourgeoisie Cadillac, Comrade canker-tankers can lick wet cat food off their flatulating Stalin can and drink distilled potato mash. My ride has American cigarettes, chocolate bars, silk stockings, scotch whiskey and french wine. I take comfort in all your fine biotches belong to U.S.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Today, its been exactly 10 years since our prophet spoke the word.

Praise!

:IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0
Today, its been exactly 10 years since our prophet spoke the word.

Praise!

:IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

holy **** where has the time gone?

Upvote 0