• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IS 2 greatest tank of ww2

IS2 would park on a rock and allow itself to be ran over by the P.1000, and using the now enclosed space between the treads, it would fire its mighty cannon. The resulting explosion would break the tread/suspension system of the P.1000 which would then collapse into itself. IS2 could of coarse just blow the mighty tractor up or send it to another dimension, this of course would be much less dramatic like Modern Warfare. :IS2:

Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0
IS2 would park on a rock and allow itself to be ran over by the P.1000, and using the now enclosed space between the treads, it would fire its mighty cannon. The resulting explosion would break the tread/suspension system of the P.1000 which would then collapse into itself. IS2 could of coarse just blow the mighty tractor up or send it to another dimension, this of course would be much less dramatic like Modern Warfare. :IS2:
No, it'd just be crushed. :cool:

Upvote 0
No, it'd just be crushed. :cool:

can you not read? This is the IS-2, not the King Tiger! The IS-2 has combated far larger threats than a mere vessel of agriculture, no matter the size!

I mean, imagine Dr Who, if you replaced the Tardis with an IS-2, and had every episode involve said IS-2 wreaking mass havok on everything in sight Including the companion(s)

Upvote 0
!!!

!!!

is-2 maybe isnt the best tank of the war but it doesnt matter. the goal is to win so the soviets tought how can they win and the answer is - many many easy to produce tanks - t34 . Don't forget that t-34 is medium tank so u can't compare it to tiger 1 or panther (also HEAVY tank - 45 tons!! ) t-34 is the greatest tank ever and win the war . dont forget also that the war is on russian territory so they have alot of problems with production of everything . if u compare t-34 to panzer 3 or panzer 4 or even sherman who u think gonna win ?!?! so stop watch brainwashing movies that say "germans are the best ,only russian winter stopped them" . in the end of the war russians have so many of su-100 su-85,su-76,su-152,su-122,jsu-152 and anti-tank guns which can destroy tigers and panthers that russians dont need tank destroyers they need powerfull weapon against fortifications so they can move forward to berlin . when the is-2 was under construction it was 2 options for guns - 100mm anti-tank gun or 122mm gun with HE shells .
p.s why u think german crew had more expirience than soviet ? the war in poland is very short and germans fight against infantry and cavalery - no tanks. the war in france for germans tank crews is moving forward to the english channel and no real fights .
and another thing - i read in comments that sherman is the best tank of ww2 ?!?! :D :D :D :D :D this ugly **** can only be the best for americans who realize there is a machine called "tank" in 1941...

Upvote 0
Don't forget that IS-2 is greatest tank so u can't compare it to tiger 1 or panther, which are just tractors. IS-2 is the greatest tank ever and win the war .

Fixed. :IS2::IS2::IS2:

On a serious note though, the Sherman is a vastly underrated tank. The original M4 in it's prime time (1942-1943) was vastly superior to anything the Germans could put out except for the Tiger 1, with the M4A3 76(W) and later the M4A3E8 (and the Firefly) being able to take on Panthers and Tigers if needed. You not only have to look at what a tank is on the paper but also how it's used and what the nation using it expects from it. For instance, while the main optics of the Sherman weren't that great, the Gunner had a separate wide FOV periscope located directly next to the gunnery optics, giving the Sherman (next to it's excellent crew ergonomics, crude single axis gyro-stabilizer and fast turret) one of the fastest spot to engagement times of any tank in WW2.

I'd rather sit in a Sherman than in a Panther that breaks down after 150km (the average life-time of it's final drive).

And let's not even talk about the T-34's horrible crew ergonomics. It didn't even have a turret basket until the 85mm version.

Last edited:
Reactions: echutter
Upvote 0
After reading the book of IS-2 and the famous words of our prophet, I am overjoyed with the sudden revelations the IS2 is pouring in my mind.

I am glad the truth is spreading to foreign lands even when met with fierce hostility.

Now I will excuse myself for disturbing the natural flow of the content of the Book of IS-2

Heaven resides in IS-2, hell... is everything else:IS2:

Upvote 0
After reading the book of IS-2 and the famous words of our prophet, I am overjoyed with the sudden revelations the IS2 is pouring in my mind.

I am glad the truth is spreading to foreign lands even when met with fierce hostility.

Now I will excuse myself for disturbing the natural flow of the content of the Book of IS-2

Heaven resides in IS-2, hell... is everything else:IS2:
Welcome, Brother! May the holy :IS2: bless you with its rear-firing MG (but not too harshly).

Upvote 0