• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IS 2 greatest tank of ww2

Reactions: Reddog
Upvote 0

:confused:

200px-Edith_Artois.jpg

:confused:

Upvote 0
Damn funny, what some of the new guys try to express with their signatures...:p

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=625113&postcount=54[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=625113&postcount=54[/URL]

Obviously he has no sense of reason (or humour)... Sad to him, but the blashemy will not go unpunished.

The Day of Steely Wrath is coming! Infidels will be rolled over and crushed without mercy. The End is Nigh, I can already hear the Holy V-2 being warmed up...soon it will unleash all it

Reactions: dogbadger and Apos
Upvote 0
I'd be wary of calling the IS-2 the best tank of the war. It was a very good heavy tank but it kind of entailed all the problems heavy tanks suffered from during the war. Short parts lifespan, overloaded engine and transmission, supply drain, tactically not very flexible.

As far as I remember the IS-2 was designed with the job of an Assault Gun in mind. But it was important to give it powerful anti tank capability as well since its most likely opponent was going to be the Tiger. Against which it was well suited to fight.

The reason i'm wary to give "Best Tank" to a heavy tank though is fundamentally a result of the heavy tank as a concept. To be honest, Heavy Tanks were an evolutionary dead end in AFV design. Their concept did not last very long after World War 2. They did little to influence the ultimate future of the tank, the MBT. Main Battle Tanks are much more an evolution of the Medium Tank of which they owe substantial lineage to.

To be honest, I think the best overall tank of the war was probably the Sherman Firefly. More than capable of fighting the heaviest German armour. Yet well protected, mobile, reliable, and simple even by medium tank standards.

Upvote 0
I'd be wary of calling the IS-2 the best tank of the war. It was a very good heavy tank but it kind of entailed all the problems heavy tanks suffered from during the war. Short parts lifespan, overloaded engine and transmission, supply drain, tactically not very flexible.

As far as I remember the IS-2 was designed with the job of an Assault Gun in mind. But it was important to give it powerful anti tank capability as well since its most likely opponent was going to be the Tiger. Against which it was well suited to fight.

The reason i'm wary to give "Best Tank" to a heavy tank though is fundamentally a result of the heavy tank as a concept. To be honest, Heavy Tanks were an evolutionary dead end in AFV design. Their concept did not last very long after World War 2. They did little to influence the ultimate future of the tank, the MBT. Main Battle Tanks are much more an evolution of the Medium Tank of which they owe substantial lineage to.

To be honest, I think the best overall tank of the war was probably the Sherman Firefly. More than capable of fighting the heaviest German armour. Yet well protected, mobile, reliable, and simple even by medium tank standards.
IS2>Panther>Sherman

Upvote 0

YouTube - billy madison - insanely idiotic

Upvote 0

Obvious troll and heretic. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0