• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Tails, George Lucas's next movie.

It looks pretty good when you stop caring about cynical things like "oh there's too much CG" and "oh it's not 100% historically accurate" and start treating it like entertainment, which it is.

Kinda strange since they've always said Lucas was inspired to do Star Wars in the direction of old west and romantic WW2 dogfighting serials. I think it'll be a fun movie to watch.

Upvote 0
I don't really mind the GCI being used, there is no other way to have a movie with so many airplanes on the screen. What I don't like though is how they "look". It has a holywood everything-looks-clean-and-awesome feeling. Just like video games trying to look good through tons of filters and speciall effects instead of quality textures etc. if you know what I mean...

Upvote 0
What leads? Outside of Cuba Gooding, Jr? Hes hurting for movies from what it seems...however this movie was made in 2008-2009? Also, the "clean" look of the planes? I'm just curious..

Keep in mind producers/director have a certain mindset with their vision. The vision of George Lucas and the actual director, might have an actual agenda to portray in their movie...but in terms of history (outside the ww2 buffers) is there an issue with the CG? It's not a bunch of hispano 109's "attacking" 1 B17 but actual 109s via CG attacking a whole squadron of "b17s"...I dunno..Ill suspend my belief and enjoy it :)

Upvote 0
My mind gets twisted with the irony in the trailer. Black pilots protecting their fellow country men, who disrespect or maybe even distrust them. So these bomber crews can kill "innocent" civilians :rolleyes:
That is what I call cheese.

Apparently it took George more than 20 years to make this. I would rather see the Star Wars TV series. But it could be fun to watch if you leave your brain at home.

And what NoxNoctum said

Upvote 0
I don't like the nonchalant take on warfare. Too much celebratory jackassory, which I don't believe was how airmen operated. I just don't buy that.
Nonchalant take on warfare? How so? I just hope it underlines the work they did more than the trouble they were given through racism.
My mind gets twisted with the irony in the trailer. Black pilots protecting their fellow country men, who disrespect or maybe even distrust them. So these bomber crews can kill "innocent" civilians :rolleyes:
That is what I call cheese.

Apparently it took George more than 20 years to make this. I would rather see the Star Wars TV series. But it could be fun to watch if you leave your brain at home.

And what NoxNoctum said
I would have written my own thoughts, but since they are pretty much the same as everyone else, I thought I would just copy and paste instead.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the trailer does give off that over the top Hollywood vibe and the movie would probably be better off without it.
*lonely trumpet calls and sweeping string melodies fill the air, as inspirational phrases, camaraderie of the oppressed minority, and good old-fashioned AMURICAN patriotism combine for the ultimate cliche*

;)
But hey, it will probably still be an enjoyable film. All I'm saying is that it's getting tiring, seeing all of these Pearl Harbor remakes with painful acting and even worse writing ...

Reactions: doomis
Upvote 0