• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Multimedia Presentation on the Eastern Front.

Stierlitz said:
as seen by russians ? lol ... like it never happend that way ? lol
tell me germans lost because it was too cold for them and shnaps ran out and biased russians came up with all that stories LOL
p.s by the way - i read that whole portal like 2 years ago.

I was just stating that this presentation was made by Russians for Russians so it will be Russian biased. That's great that you saw it two years ago, it wasn't posted on these boards so I decided to post it. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Lactose the Intolerant said:
It came out less than a year ago.

And I can't believe someone finished it in an hour and a half. It took me like five hours! You guys must be skipping stuff....

Great presentation.

yeah, it was really long :eek: extremely biased towards the russians aswell :p

even in the feedback section on their site it's

Upvote 0
You can finish it pretty quick if you don't click on anything and just let the war run it's course.

It is going to be biased toward the Russian side seeing as how it was made by Russians.:rolleyes: If someone here in the U.S. made something like this for the western front of WWII it would be biased toward the U.S. too.

Upvote 0
Stierlitz said:
as seen by russians ? lol ... like it never happend that way ? lol
tell me germans lost because it was too cold for them and shnaps ran out and biased russians came up with all that stories LOL
p.s by the way - i read that whole portal like 2 years ago.
totally agree.. Russian schools still teach history by Soviet version, carefully modified and changed more heroistic. all crimes and dark facts filtered out

nobody speak there about Communist regime crimes, Stalins actual face, NKVD crimes in occupied states (similar to things what Gestapo did -killing civilians on especially brutal way, tortureing and deportations)

opposite - ww2 and Victory are part of daily culture and every day you can see some ww2 thematic movie from TV..

Can you imagine that you could wear Nazy symbolics on clothes on Germany? No, but you can easily do same with Communists symbolics on Russia, though the regimes had similar faces and both did similar things.. just one happened to be on Victorious side and nobody cant judge over winners..

and

why Germans lose war

-Supply shortage (Oil, raw materials)
-War in several fronts, against several enemies
-Cold Winters of Russia (though it goes under Supply shortage - with decent clothes -30C is not lethal -we have such cold days each winter
-Hitler

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum, W1k1ng.

Just 2 things.
Can you imagine that you could wear Nazy symbolics on clothes on Germany? No, but you can easily do same with Communists symbolics on Russia
Can anyone imagine that somewhere in Europe statues which are dedicated to SS soldiers are being build? For your information, all SS troops are being held as war criminals after Niurnberg trial. But, somewhere out there, in Europe they build statues to SS and every year, every god damn year, large column of former SS troops, with banners and all ***** goes through the capital of one of European Union's country and its government doesn't even scratch to stop it.
And oh, every spring statue to Russian Soldier in one of this country's city is being vandalised. Flowers under this statue are stomped and thrown away.

War in several fronts, against several enemies
-Cold Winters of Russia (though it goes under Supply shortage - with decent clothes -30C is not lethal -we have such cold days each winter
I'm sure you do know that 80% of all German casualties happened in the Eastern front. And that not only germans were freezing in cold weather, soviet people didn't have magical cure for it.

Moz, respect for your sig. I laughed. :)

Upvote 0
W1k1ng said:
totally agree.. Russian schools still teach history by Soviet version, carefully modified and changed more heroistic. all crimes and dark facts filtered out

nobody speak there about Communist regime crimes, Stalins actual face, NKVD crimes in occupied states (similar to things what Gestapo did -killing civilians on especially brutal way, tortureing and deportations)

opposite - ww2 and Victory are part of daily culture and every day you can see some ww2 thematic movie from TV..

Can you imagine that you could wear Nazy symbolics on clothes on Germany? No, but you can easily do same with Communists symbolics on Russia, though the regimes had similar faces and both did similar things.. just one happened to be on Victorious side and nobody cant judge over winners..

and

why Germans lose war

-Hitler

Upvote 0
yes this website is very well done (i know it for a long time, i know someone have made it downloadable on the other ro forum but unfortunately the files is nomore)

we really realized what was the real frontline during the ww2 etc ...

about the russian bias, i agree it is quite minimal compared by example to certain american stuff ! (hollywood,website, school etc ... ).

Upvote 0

and

why Germans lose war

-Hitler

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum, W1k1ng.

Just 2 things.

Can anyone imagine that somewhere in Europe statues which are dedicated to SS soldiers are being build? For your information, all SS troops are being held as war criminals after Niurnberg trial. But, somewhere out there, in Europe they build statues to SS and every year, every god damn year, large column of former SS troops, with banners and all ***** goes through the capital of one of European Union's country and its government doesn't even scratch to stop it.
And oh, every spring statue to Russian Soldier in one of this country's city is being vandalised. Flowers under this statue are stomped and thrown away.

I'm sure you do know that 80% of all German casualties happened in the Eastern front. And that not only germans were freezing in cold weather, soviet people didn't have magical cure for it.

Moz, respect for your sig. I laughed. :)

Yeah, I've seen that happen and it's sick. Mostly happening in Baltic states, IIRC. :mad:

Upvote 0
maybe its russian bias because they I-don't-know won the war?!

reality sure does have an anti-nazi bias

What I mean with bias is that they mention alot of criminal activities by the germans, mass executions etc, and mention noone of their own

and does anyone have a download version for this? or at least the music? I really want this!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I mean with bias is that they mention alot of criminal activities by the germans, mass executions etc, and mention noone of their own

and does anyone have a download version for this? or at least the music? I really want this!!!

Agreed. The Soviet Red Army committed some very awful war crimes, mostly when they entered territory not formerly controlled by the Soviet state. The really cool Flash presentation is nice to watch, but it does give a very "cleaned" up version of the Russian side...not mentioning the starvation, the tens of thousands of Soviet soldiers shot by their own officers, the rape, the pillaging, the murders.
A really interesting, and one of the most well researched books I"ve read on the Soviet army during the Second World War is called, "Ivan's War" by Catherine Merridale. Definately worth a read for anyone interested. Really puts into perspective the Soviet side in a much more modern and objective view.

Upvote 0
A really interesting, and one of the most well researched books I"ve read on the Soviet army during the Second World War is called, "Ivan's War" by Catherine Merridale. Definately worth a read for anyone interested. Really puts into perspective the Soviet side in a much more modern and objective view.
Fantastic book slyder73 just finished it.
I found some good books about stalingrad here:http://www.leapinghorseman.com/index2.php

Upvote 0