Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.

• There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is looking good. I feel like getting a magnifier for mine.

But I am not sure if I want to move my PA Micro to my GSG or leave it on my AR.

The GSG-5's front sight blade comes loose every 100 or so rounds, so am thinking of throwing the PA on it.

Too bad Big 5 ran out of the Blazer 500 packs. They said their distributor ran out. I paid $20.18 out the door for the last two boxes. Had to go to the gun store. Got a Federal Match 325 pack for $19.70 out the door.

I just hope Big 5 gets some good quality ammo in soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flogger23m View Post
      That is looking good. I feel like getting a magnifier for mine.

But I am not sure if I want to move my PA Micro to my GSG or leave it on my AR.

The GSG-5's front sight blade comes loose every 100 or so rounds, so am thinking of throwing the PA on it.

Too bad Big 5 ran out of the Blazer 500 packs. They said their distributor ran out. I paid $20.18 out the door for the last two boxes. Had to go to the gun store. Got a Federal Match 325 pack for $19.70 out the door.

I just hope Big 5 gets some good quality ammo in soon.

I think I paid like $18 or so at Wallyworld for the Federal 550 packs. It's not as accurate as the Blazer, but it's plenty good for plinking.
      sigpic
      "That which does not destroy me just makes me more irritable." - Peter Steele (the real one), 1964-2010, RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter.Steele View Post
        I think I paid like $18 or so at Wallyworld for the Federal 550 packs. It's not as accurate as the Blazer, but it's plenty good for plinking.

I wish Walmarts sold ammo here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter.Steele View Post
          I taught an old girlfriend to shoot, once. Told her, okay, make sure you wear a turtleneck, or at least something that buttons all the way up.

Did she? Of course not. She had a great rack and liked to make sure that I got a good view. Ah, well. The S&W 422 wasn't too bad with the brass, and of course a GP100 doesn't eject any brass at all ... but the Kimber I had at the time ... that was a whole different story. That one would put one casing in every 3 or 4 right toward the neck of my shirt. Or, for her, right down her cleavage. The bouncing as she jumped around was somewhat enjoyable, though.
          Is this by any chance related?

http://learnfrommyfail.failblog.org/...-betters-fail/

:P

Games For The Greater Good!

Comment

• Originally posted by mamoo View Post

Heh. Same situation, but not my exGF, I'm sure. This was ... hell, 2003 or so? It sucked, too. Bad situation. I would have kept this girl around for a long time, I was really into her, and vice-versa. My ex-wife caused a little problem, though: since she knew my social security number and my phone number, she got online access to my cell phone account and called every single number I'd ever dialed. When she got to my GF, she told her that not only were we not split up, but she was just on a vacation visiting family, and she'd be back in a week or so.

Well, my GF was a good little church girl, and this just sent her madly off the deep end. She couldn't seem to make the connection and realize that since we'd been together for months by then, that meant that my ex-wife was on a really long vacation. The wheels came off that relationship in depressingly short order after that. *sigh*
            sigpic
            "That which does not destroy me just makes me more irritable." - Peter Steele (the real one), 1964-2010, RIP

Comment

• Man that sucks, didn't you tell her your side of the story or was it too late by then?

Games For The Greater Good!

Comment

• Originally posted by mamoo View Post
                Man that sucks, didn't you tell her your side of the story or was it too late by then?

Far, far too late. There are many things for which I will never forgive my ex-wife. This is near the top of that list.
                sigpic

Comment

• Kind of a different "show me yours" post... (I guess its all e-peen anyway...)

I was up in the attic today and saw a box labeled trophies. So, I pulled it down to reminisce. I use to have a wall of my 'accomplishments'. We had kids and mine were replaced by those of the children.

Aside from the ribbons, each of the brass plates were attached to either the traditional trophy or a wooden plaque. For space and weight considerations for packing, I peeled the engraved plates off (Then I gave most of the wooden plaques and trophies to a struggling gun club to re-use). Most of these are pre-'80 (pre-kids ). I competed once in 1993 for kicks. Took a trohpy in my division too Most of them are from pistol matches, but there are several rifle ribbons and plaques. Unfortunately, I can't see well enough anymore to give even the old farts class a run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Floyd View Post
                    Unfortunately, I can't see well enough anymore to give even the old farts class a run.
                    As long as your e-peen still works
                    Peace has cost you your strength! Victory has defeated you! - Bane

Comment

• I bought this a while back, but didn't post it because it's non-functional (at least I don't think I did). It is a military rifle though so I figured I'd go ahead and post it.

It's my 1942 Remington 03A3 Navy drill rifle. It's a shame they do this to otherwise good rifles, but they had millions so I can understand.
                      Last edited by User Name; 11-21-2010, 06:05 PM.
                      "A patriot is a man who bleeds for the benefit of his country, not the man who bleeds his country for his own benefit"

Comment

• Colt M1917

M1 Carbine made 9-44

M1903 Springfield...

...with the famous Pedersen device cut out!

AKM Pistol with a 75 round drum. It's in here because it was a military weapon, before the receiver was cut up.
                        Last edited by User Name; 01-31-2011, 09:04 PM.
                        "A patriot is a man who bleeds for the benefit of his country, not the man who bleeds his country for his own benefit"

Comment

• Originally posted by LemoN View Post
                          Oh god, a .30-18 auto Springfield...

You don't have the firing mechanism, do you?
                          I wish! Those things by themselves are worth more than my entire collection!

Comment

• Originally posted by User Name View Post
                            I wish! Those things by themselves are worth more than my entire collection!
                            Even if you had the mechanism I am guessing ammo would be a pain in the arse to find.

Now below I have added some photos, before you guys call me a bubba or a heretic (I know you will anyway) please understand that I have not made any permamanent modification to the rifle at all. I would be loath to do that to any military rifle in my collection.

The rifle is a No.4MkI produced at Fazarkley in 1944. It is a sure 'height of the war' piece, having some machining marks present on the receiver and the 'flap of steel' but plate. However the metal is in good condition and the bore is bright with sharp lands and groves and only some very minor pitting at one point. It has always been a great shooter.

Now a friend of mine has just got into shooting recently and we have been doing a lot of hunting. In the interest of taking game as precisely and cleanly as possible over a variety of ranges I've decided I want a scoped hunting rifle. Not actually owning such a rifle, I decided to set up one of my military rifles for the task. So what I have done is added an aftermarket sporter stock, a no drill scope mount (I used the SK mount) and a 3-9x scope. This is the end result.

The rifle is now a lot lighter and handier, which will make things easier when out in the bush. It also shoulders very nicely and feels well balanced.

I took it to the range on the weekend and zeroed it, I was shooting Federal 180gr loads. I'm not going to use these as my hunting load, I'm planning to work up a 150gr load for that. However I wanted to see what she would do with factory ammo and had half a box of this stuff laying around. I started off by bore sighting it at the 25 yard line and then went straight from that to my target at the 100 yard line.

This is the first time I've ever zeroed a scope myself having always shot milsurps. So I was pretty happy that it only took me 5 shots to do it. Here's a pic of the target I used (I also numbered the shots). Aiming at the bull the first shot was high and to the left, the second shot was way to the right as I was a little over zealous with my scope adjustment. For the third shot I adjusted it back to the left and down, it was much closer now. I turned it four clicks back to the left and then shot the fourth shot, I felt it looked about dead on there and shot the fifth.

I then left that target and moved on to shooting at the small targets I had on another target board. I only had 6 rounds left but I shot two groups of three which were about an 1 inch each (maybe 1 and a 1/4). I am pretty damn happy with that from a 67 year old rifle and factory ammo, can't wait to see what handloads will produce.

Last edited by Reddog; 02-01-2011, 02:02 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by LemoN View Post
                              Any problems with the cases?

From my experience the .303b is prone to splitting and breaking open after 2-3 reloads, but that only is a problem if the chamber of your rifle is oversized.
                              I've heard that for a lot of mil surp guns, thats why I neck size my .303 british instead of doing a full case resize. Means the brass only fits back in the gun that fired it before, but the brass lasts longer. Getting to the 3rd reload on my current federal brass...

Also I could use some info from anyone here on Breda made M1 Garands, there is one at a local place for 900$ ( canadian mind you ), and I am highly tempted.
                              "We must stand up men! Stand up and vow to continue to never play RO:HOS like never before! "
                              - HockeyWarrior,
                              From the original RO:HOS is dying thread circa 2009.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colt .45 killer View Post
                                Also I could use some info from anyone here on Breda made M1 Garands, there is one at a local place for 900$ ( canadian mind you ), and I am highly tempted.
                                Breda Garands are fine and good quality. Italy was given Winchester's old machinery to make them. However, it was worn out and they decided it would be better to make their own machinery using Winchester's as a go-by. They're made to USGI specs and the parts are interchangeable with USGI parts. It's not uncommon to find PB (Beretta) or BMB (Breda) marked parts on mostly USGI M1s that have come out of the CMP, especially those that have been returned from European MAP recepients. You can run a search on the CMP M1 Garand forums to find out more about them. $900 CAN seems like a good price for one.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X