• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

bas said:
GonzoX,

I use both. I have a mixture of Chinese 7.62x54R which uses 148gr projectiles and some Burnell with 180gr projectiles.

I get the most miss feeds with the Chinese ammo. But to be honest I don't shoot them much since I got the Tigr.

OK, thanks.

The 200 grain ammo is what gives me problems so Im wondering if the Soviets even used heavy ball stuff in WWII. Haven't tried the 180gr yet.

Luckily I snached up a 440 round tin of the Albanian stuff in case it gets scarece. I have plenty of the 200grain russian stuff for my Mosins anyway.

Upvote 0
I did a lot of shooting with my mosin nagant in the weekend, the bolt is much smoother after i got rid of all the gunk in there and I can shoot it as fast as the Lee Enfield action!

People say its clunky but it aint, IMO.

Cant say the same for the arisaka though, look at bas's movies! In the type 38 arisaka movie it looks as though the bolt head went over the round in the magazine the first time, it looks like he had to put downwards pressure on the bolt to chamber a round! The action is very up-back-forward-down, rather than one smooth motion.

Upvote 0
I've been working Mosin bolts for over four years now and even my best Finn M39 can't cycle as fast as my Enfield. I've only had it a couple weeks and the first time I cycled the bolt it was faster than any military turn-bolt rifle I own.

Funny thing is my fastest bolt before it (other than the Swiss straight pulls) was

THIS...

mas36.jpg

My FRENCH Mas 36!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Chambers said:
Have you ever cycled an enfield bolt!?! They run laps around even mausers and i couldnt imagine a MN being anywhere near that! But hey you must have a good rifle and some skills if you can do that

well due to my lack of experience with enfields keeping me from learning the best way for me to work the bolt quickly i can easily match the speed i can work an enfields bolt with a mosin

but i've only ever fired my friend's enfield once... my mosin however is... mine

sure the enfield has a nice smooth bolt but i can brute force even a stuck mosin bolt fairly easily so it's not such a big deal

Upvote 0
User Name said:
I've been working Mosin bolts for over four years now and even my best Finn M39 can't cycle as fast as my Enfield. I've only had it a couple weeks and the first time I cycled the bolt it was faster than any military turn-bolt rifle I own.

Funny thing is my fastest bolt before it (other than the Swiss straight pulls) was

THIS...

mas36.jpg

My FRENCH Mas 36!
Did you build that yourself?

That is one ugly rifle.

Upvote 0
User Name said:

THIS...

mas36.jpg

My FRENCH Mas 36!

I'd kill for one of these!

Can you take a picture of the peep sights?

Upvote 0
I'm no good at those sight shots people take but I do have a semi first person video that shows my other Mas being fired. Here is a pic of it. They were both built in 1940 but unlike the one in the first pic this one was refurbed in the 1970s. The one in the first pic is an all matching original rifle.

refurb2.jpg

This video was mainly made to show the rifle's action.
http://media.putfile.com/Mas36

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To show you how fast enfield bolts cycle, me soldat and amerikaner were shooting at the range yesterday, Kaner was shooting my kar98 and i was shooting my new NO4 Mk1 We started at the same time by loading stripper clips, his loaded clean but mine got a stuck (didnt put it further enough back) and by the time I loaded he had 2 shots done, well we tied in the end because enfield is just so freaking fast!

Upvote 0