• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Still troubling yourself over this? It's an overstamp, that's all

Troubling myself? Not at all. This is comical. You remind me of those people on pawn stars that find out what they have is fake, but walk out thinking everybody else is wrong. If all you really care about is looking at it and shooting it, why are you dismissing the fact that the markings are fake SS runes?

Overstamp of what?! There is absolutely no markings under or near the Russian X and fake SS runes that resemble anything that was stamped on that side of the receiver. So please DO explain. Please go into details.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Troubling myself? Not at all. This is comical. You remind me of those people on pawn stars that find out what they have is fake, but walk out thinking everybody else is wrong. If all you really care about is looking at it and shooting it, why are you dismissing the fact that the markings are fake SS runes?

Overstamp of what?! Do explain. Please go into details.

Real/Fake, I don't care about the "runes" it's a good looking rifle to me and that is all.

Upvote 0
P08 1941

P08 1941

Here are some pics of the Luger I recently came into possession of.

The second picture has what could appear to some as a 3, but is an 8 for the serial of 8926.

A few posts back I stated that all parts match, minus the magazine, which has a different serial and a manufacturer mark I have yet to identify (as noted in pic Luger10, there appears to be a box, with a star-burst over it.

Attachments

• Luger2.jpg
    Luger2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Luger3.jpg
    Luger3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Luger10.jpg
    Luger10.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Luger8.jpg
    Luger8.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Luger.jpg
    Luger.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Real/Fake, I don't care about the "runes" it's a good looking rifle to me and that is all.

Also byf 43 rifles never had their serial number stamped on the barrel so there is also a possibility that the serial numbers on your barrel are fake also. But your rifle could have had the barrel replaced at a depot during the war by the Germans and the serial number was stamped there. If there is an "0,2" marking on the barrel shoulder (same place where the fake SS runes are located) that means your barrel was replaced by the Germans during the war at a depot. Rifles with depot replaced barrels are pretty neat and interesting, but that all goes out the window when fake SS markings ruin it.

Glad youre happy with it. Enjoy.

Upvote 0
Also byf 43 rifles never had their serial number stamped on the barrel so there is also a possibility that the serial numbers on your barrel are fake also. But your rifle could have had the barrel replaced at a depot during the war by the Germans and the serial number was stamped there. If there is an "0,2" marking on the barrel shoulder (same place where the fake SS runes are located) that means your barrel was replaced by the Germans during the war at a depot. Rifles with depot replaced barrels are pretty neat and interesting, but that all goes out the window when fake SS markings ruin it.

Glad youre happy with it. Enjoy.

Give it a rest dude. Yeah some minor side note interesting history, but seriously, move on.

Upvote 0
Walther P-1

Walther P-1

Post war Walther was the 7th made in 1977.

The magazine was produced in 1956, Nato designation code 1005-12-120-0892 as visible (partially) in pic 4.

Attachments

• Walther P-1.jpg
    Walther P-1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Walther P-1 (2).jpg
    Walther P-1 (2).jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Walther P-1 (3).jpg
    Walther P-1 (3).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Walther P-1 (4).jpg
    Walther P-1 (4).jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Walther P-1 (5).jpg
    Walther P-1 (5).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I posted that for anybody that actually cares to listen to a professional internet warrior. Hopefully other people will appreciate the information.
I do. Thanks.

I fell for a "matching serial numbers", blah, blah advertisement scam from a "respected" importer a few years back. Yeah, the numbers matched but were written in with an electric engraving tool......:rolleyes: One couldn't help but, lol. I always wondered how many were too embarassed to go to the trouble of getting their money back.

Upvote 0
I do. Thanks.

I fell for a "matching serial numbers", blah, blah advertisement scam from a "respected" importer a few years back. Yeah, the numbers matched but were written in with an electric engraving tool......:rolleyes: One couldn't help but, lol. I always wondered how many were too embarassed to go to the trouble of getting their money back.

Your welcome Flyod,

Im sorry to hear that. Was the company that screwed you Mitchell's Mausers? If it was, what Mitchell's Mausers does is borderline Fraud. They advertise and mislead customers with their fancy ads, wording and "free accessories". They even go as far as to adding an extra line to the the Russian "X" marking to cover the true orgins of the rifle just incase somebody tried to sue them in court. In court they would say "Thats not a Russian capture marking, thats the marking we apply to designate the firearm from coming from us." They grind down the existing serial numbers on the parts, restamp the serial numbers, reblue the action, polish the bolts and sand the stocks. The condition the rifles came in straight from Russia were in more original condition and worth more in parts than after mitchells mausers did their "magic". If you like something pretty and nice to look at, rifles with fake stamps and shiney metal, crap like michells is right up your alley.

In the K98 section on gunboards.com we have people that go in there all the time posting about how proud and nice and pretty their new rifle is. But when we tell them what they have is a fake and really isnt worth nearly what they paid for it, they go into denial and flip out. Happens all the time there, thats why i wasnt surprised to see somebody go into denial here. Theres a few bad apples, but every once in awhile we get people that actually apreciate being told what they have, getting educated and appreciate the fact somebody is looking out for them. We always start off by telling them politely what they have isnt the real deal just so their feelings dont get hurt. But once they start giving us that "Youre wrong and you dont know what youre talking about" attitude then its game on.

If anybody has truely spent any amount of time collecting K98s youd know how dangerous it can be getting into collecting them without getting screwed. There are some really bad fakes out there that are pretty obvious, but there are fakes out there that even the best collectors have to scratch their head at. In the word of K98s, people that knowingly sell fake rifles are highly looked down upon (put lightly) and collectors make it a point to expose them, and tarnish their reputation for taking advantage of people's hard earned money.

I highly sugguest anybody thats looking to purchase a K98 or have any doubts about the authenticity of a K98 they already own to post in the K98 section of Gunboards.com. Those guys will tell you exactly what you have or what you might buy. We dont beat around the bush or sugarcoat stuff. Sometimes the truth hurts.

I wonder if Panzerlied thinks these are "overstampings" too:
Spoiler!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
Those are just fake period, I've seen the manufacturer marks for the K98, and those "runes" that people somehow see on the rifle I have, are overstamps.

I don't see the point in you continuing this I. Kant, just move on. Sure other people appreciate your input, and that's dandy, but there was no need to call me out on another post. I have what could be considered a "fake" rifle, and I honestly don't care, the other weapons I have however, are not fake.

Upvote 0
Those are just fake period, I've seen the manufacturer marks for the K98, and those "runes" that people somehow see on the rifle I have, are overstamps.

I don't see the point in you continuing this I. Kant, just move on. Sure other people appreciate your input, and that's dandy, but there was no need to call me out on another post. I have what could be considered a "fake" rifle, and I honestly don't care, the other weapons I have however, are not fake.

Youre fueling your own fire man. Nobodys forcing you to reply. If you dont care. Dont reply. Its pretty simple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0