• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Sold a few of my rifles to free up space and cash for my Carcano/m95 collection. i've decided to primarly concentrate on these 2 families

A new member joins my carcano collection. A Carcano M41 made in 1941 by FAT. Fully serial matched
carcanom41.jpg

carcanom412.jpg

carcanom413.jpg

carcanom414.jpg

carcanom415.jpg

As you can see, it is in a beautifull condition. All the stamps are present, no rust nothing. A barrel with nice grooves.

The second piece is a Steyr-mannlicher M95/30 in 8x56. made in steyr.It is fully serial matched and in great condition, the post war converting is done very nicely(you can tell the diffrence between my hungarian M95/30 and this steyr built right away).The barrel is in excellent condition, the wood is in a good condition and the metal works in great condition

m95b.jpg

m952.jpg

m953.jpg

m954.jpg

I sold my M91/27 and Berthier rifle.i might also sell my VZ 24.
Currently have of carcano=
M1891 Fucile di fanteria
Modello 38 fucile di fanteria in 7.35
Fucile di fanteria M1891/41

Wich leaves me to collect the
-Moschetto per Truppe Speciali Mod. 91
-Moschetto di Fanteria Mod. 91/24
-Moschetto per Truppe Speciali Mod. 91/28
-Moschetto per Truppe Speciali con Tromboncino Mod. 91/28 (the grenade launching rifle)
Fucile di fanteria Modello 38 in 6.5

of steyr, i need the long infantry rifle. I saw one today, but the metal work lost all of its blueing and rust on it aswel.

the carcano collection takes priority though

Upvote 0
That's pretty cool. Mine has a US Army property stamp. How did you looks its history up? Also, what's the tube count? Mine only holds three.

This one has the flaming bomb too. As for it's history, a friend of mine has a very thoroughly written book on these. It covers where the weapons were shipped by serial number blocks. This one was part of a block sent to the Marines at a base in California. The tube in this one holds five.

Upvote 0
Guys once i get my license for my Steyr M95 Stutzen, i can get my hands on 8x56R WW2 surplus ammo.

kco13q.jpg

10 rounds per box,2 clips with 5 rounds each. Steyr produced millions, millions and MILLIONS of this ammo during WW2. But the Steyr-mannlicher where mostly issued to rear guard and luftwaffe personnel. Only at the end of the war was this rifle used, by volksturm and other heer infantry units

So much of this type is left
Many go shooting with this type of ammo

Do i make a blasphemy act if i buy and go shooting with this rifle in 6 months with THIS kind of surplus ammo? :D

Upvote 0
MAMA MIA SIE BELLA CARCANO MOSCHETTO DI CAVALRIA M1891

That is a BEAUTIFULL Moschetto DI cavelria M1891. I dont have that yet in my collection , i hope i ever come across such a beautifull piece!

Well 30 October i am going to ciney militaria fair. Biggest militaria fair of europe. One of the gun sellers, an epic german, is gonna bring for me 2 carcanos, a Moschetto DI cavalria like your photo's, and a modello 38 in 6.5mm

I hope they are in a great condition like that. He is selling them for very low prices because nobody wants carcano rifles :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A photo of my current collection
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7496/bild0105q.jpg
(unresized)

bild0105g.jpg

From left to right=
Schmidt rubin K31. Steyr mannlicher M95 Stutzen(Steyr). Steyr mannlicher M95/30 stutzen(M95/30). Steyr mannlicher M95/30 (Budapest). Carcano fucile Di fanteria M1891. Carcano Fucile Di fanteria M1891/41.
Carcano Fucile di fanteria M38 (7.35x51). Lee Enfield No4 MK1(Maltby). Swedish Mauser M96 Gev

Upvote 0
Just (finally) got all the parts together to rebuild my AR-15.

Started off a couple years ago with a Doublestar lower receiver, Stag lower parts kit, USGI A2 stock set, and a USGI surplus A1 upper receiver assembly. (Yes, I know Doublestar isn't one of the hot name brands right now, but it's still got all the holes in the right places, so I'm okay with it. Until I can get something with a cooler brand name on it.)

My rebuild is substantially different. The lower stayed the same, and the internal parts as well. Everything else is different.

1021647.jpg

-Palmetto State Armory upper receiver & M16 BCG
-FN 20" 1/7 barrel, gov't profile
-Midwest Industries SS15 free-float handguard w/full length top rail
-BCM / VLT0R Gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle
-VLT0R A5 stock set, with EMOD stock
-Magpul MOE pistol grip
-Magpul MBUS irons

I did have to cheap out on the optics for the moment. Didn't have enough left over to buy a good setup, so I'm using a Primary Arms M4 RDS w/5x magnifier. It's really good quality, to be honest, but it's not in the same class as Aimpoint or EOTech

Upvote 0
EARLY 1940 Izhevsk SVT-40 with an original SVT specific 1942 made PU scope:
1940svt.jpg

1940svt2.jpg

Owning both the K43 and the SVT. I can clearly see why the Germans liked/copied the SVT and the PU scope. The SVT is soo much lighter, simpiler and slimmer than the G/K43. I dont shoot the K43 (it cost too much to risk breaking it)...but I shoot the SVT only when I feel up to spending hours and hours cleaning the gas system after firing (IT GETS SOOO DIRTY) If youre standing to the side of the muzzle when somebody fires it the concussion from the muzzle blast is insane, not to mention the cases eject nearly 15' away. Its accurate as hell with a scope and alot of the people at the range ask about it. They usually say something like "What is that thing?! a SKS!?" and I have to give them a history lesson. lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Damn, Thunter.
And You live in California? The gun control capital of the western US :p

Nice looking hardware! Are you buying locally? Auctions? Just curious as to how you are finding such great peices.

Our gun laws here arent as bad as everybody thinks. We have a 10 day waiting period if you decide to purchase from a dealer in the state. Then when you buy from a dealer/shop here you gotta wait 10 days to pick it up and pay for a $19 background check. Grenade launchers and any magazine over 10 rounds is illegal..which sucks. I have 2 M1 carbines but I cant own/use the 15 round magazines that came with them. I have to use stupid looking 10 rounders.

I have a FFL03 aka Curio and Relic collector license. Which allows me to have Curio and Relic rifles (rifles that are 50 years old and older, made before 1961) that I bought In other states through the internet or in person shipped directly to my front door via UPS, FedEx, or the USPS. Anybody with a crime free record can apply for one. My C&R doesnt apply to handguns, I have to have those shipped to a dealer here, wait the 10 days, pay for a backgrond check, take a handgun safety test, etc. Its a pain in the *** and the only handgun I have is a 1943 made Walther P38 that I actually bought from a Veteran when I was at his house working.

I buy 95% of my guns from online auctions that are taking place in other states (dont have to wait 10 days, paysales tax, etc). 5% Ive found in gunshops. I stay away from auction sites like gunbroker or auction arms because they get too much traffic and that usually means you never get a deal and end up paying full price or higher. I personally have never bought a rifle from a gunshow as theyre usually overpriced and messed with.

Ive got really nice guns from smaller auction sites for nearly half of the price It wouldve gone for on gunbroker. (ex: I recently won a $3000 gun for $1200) The guns in the smaller auctions are usually rifles from estate sales or other collectors so theyre higher quality. I collect K98s so I network with other collectors that collect the same and we sell/trade eachother parts or rifles. I hardly ever pay full price for a gun, unless its something I REALLY REALLY want. Half the fun is getting a deal on something. Sometimes Ill win a rifle for cheap from an auction then turn around a sell it on gunbroker for double, then Ill use that money to buy nicer guns for myself. Im always trading, buying and selling rifles.

I found the SVT at a gunshop about an hour from my house. I won the K43 off auctionarms.com a few years ago. If youre interested in how to get a C&R or the auction site that I got most of my guns from PM me. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: theta123
Upvote 0
Thanks for the response and the invite, THunter. I'm hoping to retire soon and have developed a modest interest in gun collecting. I'm just not willing to pay the exhorbant prices found at gun shows, most gun dealers (offline or online). Nor do I know who to trust anymore. My first online buying exprerience from a gun broker was a listing that appeared to be a nice KAR98 with appropriate barrel markings and listed as having matching numbers (but no pics of such). When the weapon arrived, I discovered that the numbers were etched on with an electric engraver. Shame on me....Chalk that one up to learning experience.......:rolleyes:

I do need to get at least an FFLO3. My Dad was a gunsmith and maintained his firearm license up until his death. I used to have him make my mail order purchases. I've jokingly and lovingly told my Mom that having lost that one little perk has saved me a ton of money...

Thanks, again...I'll be in touch.

Floyd

Reactions: trench
Upvote 0
I have 2 M1 carbines but I cant own/use the 15 round magazines that came with them. I have to use stupid looking 10 rounders.

The possession of high capacity magazines is not illegal. You would only have to use 10-rounders if you have a M1 Carbine in paratrooper configuration, in which case you would need it to have a magazine lock/bullet button. If it is a registered assault weapon, you can use whatever magazines you want.

Upvote 0
The possession of high capacity magazines is not illegal. You would only have to use 10-rounders if you have a M1 Carbine in paratrooper configuration, in which case you would need it to have a magazine lock/bullet button. If it is a registered assault weapon, you can use whatever magazines you want.

Yeah, but you would need to have owned the 10+ round mags before the cut off date. You can't buy or assemble them if you did not already own them.

Upvote 0
Yeah, but you would need to have owned the 10+ round mags before the cut off date. You can't buy or assemble them if you did not already own them.

Possession of them still isn't illegal. THunter can use whatever magazines he/she already had. There are many legal gray areas around the law as well but that's for another forum.

Upvote 0