• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The prequel to WW2

Same as above, wheres the history buffs? :D

Ill start.

First off this has to do with my own bloods history, so I think I can even speak facts of it without it being questioned....

I think things would have turned out different if the anarchists and republic got more help.

Nationalists fed ice cream on silver spoon from mr moustacho and el duche, yet the republic has an arms embargo placed on it because Mr brick layer didnt have enough gin tonics yet and didnt have the balls to allow us an arsenal? Uncle Joseph really didnt give a heck about what the brick layer said and sent us help. Yet he had to do it through a loophole, so he would sent broken or weapons with lack of parts.......

Like 40k mosins but only 5k bolts...... I dont blame Uncle Josph I blame the brick layer...... Or even worst defective mosins that would backfire and open a hole in you head....

Then I do blame uncle Joseph and the communists for one thing. First of all and this is true, what they say in the video, sometimes for control of a territory instead of killing each other they would play soccer matches.... and whoever won took the territory, lol. My father told me this story years ago.
What I didnt know is that it was the POUM doing this, the Troskiyts..... this was considered according to Stalinists, fraternizing with the enemy. This had to do with the civil war that happened inside the civil war itself, actually the other side had one, Ill get to that later.

So the other side at this time were winning the war. The republic was trying to negotiate, Franco would only accept uncontional surrender.

The anarchits said **** this war and lets just extend the revolution everywhere, madrid is next and after we win portugal is next. They wanted to unite the entire iberian peninsula under the FAI. Which stands for Anarchist Iberian Federation of the Central Work Party. Pure anarco sindicalism. The communists on the other hand said no first win the war. Also the communists beleived in a central goverment with power while the anarchist did not beleive in any sort of central goverment but control of the economy by the workers and unions.That is where the **** hit the fan as they say. The anarchists started fighting with the stalinists in the streets of barcelona, the tragedy led to stalinists killing 500 anarchists in 5 days. According to the communists the anarchists were the "incontrolables" that translates to the uncontrollables. In fact Uncle Joseph himself gave them that nickname.

The ending was near, the basque country fell finally, next nationalists headed for catalonia to reach the mediteranian. barcelona held at first but since it was already destroyed thx to the internal fighting. Franco did not have much trouble reaching the water of the ocean and having his soldier do the facist salute at the ocean......

The nationalists themselves as I mentioned earlier had an internal revolt in between (and this is not mentioned in the video but by father told me about it) the Falangists and the Carlists.
You see the Falange was like a mixture or anarchism and fascism it was weird and they sided with franco due to religion and unity of Spain. The carlists on the other hand were monarchists and beleived in returning spain to the carlist bloodline. This led a clash, I think the battle was won by carlists Im not sure.

Anyways last bastion of the republic was Madrid surrouded by nationalists everywhere, and Valencia and not very close. It was a piece of cake for Franco, Hitler sais **** it send more tropps and armament and get it over with so he can start the big firecracker. Mussolini did the opposite, too many italians were dying, so he removed italians, only volunteers remianed. Stalin did not want another fascist and kept on sending more reinforcements. Straight to madrid, tons and tons of soviet wepons. Right in time in fact bascially Stalin was in command now and the central spanish gov were like towlie, Madrid resisted and resisted, till finally it fell and then valencia shortly after.

Many refugees went to france and at alicante near valencia very few anarchists were left at the port praying for someone to rescue them, about only 500 got rescued by a few French boats. The rest were rounded up and shot a few days later.

Many basque refuees got away the most, top 3 countrys the basque saw asylum were USA,UK an USSR

Finally after war there was wichhunt similar to the 50s in murica. They would look for reds or anarchists civilians and kill them or put them in jail. This was a persecution that went on untill 1972 when Franco finally died and successor was assasinated by eta which finally allowed Spain to become a democracy.

Anyways, my opinion on today Spain, to make an anology, its like n00b consumerism "democracy" wannabe murican type like most west europe. But at least reds and anarchists arent perscuted anymore. There still is deep hate, even between family over politik. But hey the spaniard have pretty much learned to get over the difference especially in family.

Just my 2 cents ;)

EDIT: Anyways sometime I forgot to mention, since Im basque and this has a lot do with the fact why the republic lost, the internal fight between anarchists and stalinists. That those were catalonians. The basque were the ONLY ones that stayed together. Plus amazingly since the basque country are the most devout catholics out of all iberia, the only ones that didnt mess with clergy. And they sided with the republic. Plus the republic was going to give the us the country we have never had.

Last edited:
Upvote 0