• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The ultimate thread of rare photos with rare/captured stuff.

http://russobalt.org/forum/topic/461407-originalnoe-oruzhie-partizan-velikoi-otechestv/

Soviet SMGs produced by partisans

Interesting that PPD-40 was more expensive to produce than PPSH-41 ( 1 of the main reasons why it was replaced with PPSh-41 ), but PPD-40 was easier to produce in partisans conditions, because the main parts could be done from tubes of different diameter while PPSH-41 required stamp.

95f0c2a52bffc345d1fdf4fba77cb615.png
PPSH-41, produced by partisans. Box magazie is also produced by partisans.

bd0302b27dbff90d31cf4ed34651ae86.png
CNV000027%25255B5%25255D.jpg

SMG concealed carrying, designed by Sergeyev

Compact weapon that could be carried under the clothes. Bolt was pulled by front sight. 2 triggers for semi auto and full auto, no stock.

97f950d2751d6b665588efa2a49466c4.png

dolganov3.jpg
dolganov2.jpg

SMG, designed by Dolganov

Could use PPSh drum mags, or box mags designed by Dolganov.

8ad80a11a339ba46149d53bfbea16c54.png

SMG, designed by Temiakov-Menkin.

Was based on captured mp40s and PPSh-41. WHile it looks similar to MP40, bolt is same as in PPSh. Only full auto, designed in 1944

080630864acee7c8a0d80b60dcab404e.png

SMG "uragan" ( Hurricane, Storm ) designed by M.M. Berezin, was used by partisans of Misnk region. All parts, except barrel and sights are made by partisans. Only ful auto, was made in 1943-44.

Upvote 0
there is not much written about KF smg. It was probably quite rare because there was really no reason to start any kind of mass production of copied finnish SMG. it was much more expensive than soviet SMGs, without any serious advantages.
Rarity is the reason why I would find a wartime picture of KF-42 interesting. KF-42 probably was more expensive to make than those stamped Soviet SMGs, but it might've been less expensive than PPD-40. KF-42 was more crude, but cheaper and easier to manufacture than Finnish Suomi KP/-31. I think it those were built in sieged Leningrad before the introduction of PPS-42. Here's a picture of KF-42 from a site "Jaegerplatoon":
http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/kp_KF42.jpg[url]http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/kp_KF42.jpg[/URL]

I find these cheap and crude SMGs, made from metal parts used by humans in their everyday life, quite fascinating.

Upvote 0
Submachine guns manufactured by variorus Polish resistance organisations during German occupation. Note huge diversity of independent formations. Polish Army in 30s. started development of own SMG - pistolet maszynowy Mors wz. 39 but to be honest it was just extemely overdesigned. Finally less than 50 were ever produced. After September's defeat the SMGs were extremely wanted by resistance fighters, but British air drops were insufficient and destined only for Armia Krajowa (Home Army - main force in Polish resistance). German occupation forces weren't good armed, they had small amounts of obsolete designs like MP 28. There was serious need to start own production.

Polish Sten

Unusual Polish markings, could be produced during Warsaw Uprising

Memorial board on the wall of former Sten assembly hall

Due to simplicity of design Home Army HQ decided to start own production in at least 23 factories mostly near Warsaw. To keep it in conspiracy these guns had still english markings, the only difference is left side rifliing (original is right side). They were build from many "civilian" components in factories working for Third Reich in example hydraulic cylinders. Unknown number produced - few hundreds.

KIS

Copy of Sten without stock and barrel case. 37 or 38 were produced, only full auto. Produced for Home Army in Kielce region.

Błyskawica (Lighting SMG)

Błyskawica, Polish Sten and improvised grenades, Warsaw Uprising Museum

Something impossible - simpler and cheaper copy of Sten. It is more compact, easier to hide under clothing and works fine with MP 40 magazines. About 600 were made, only full auto. More info, firing video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNx41U3nfSk

Bechowiec

Polish Peasants Party created own independent underground military force - Bataliony Chłopskie (The Peasants Battalions). They also had problems with shortages of fire arms. Henryk Strąpoć, a village blacksmith and hobby gunsmith proposed to design own SMG. He don't even had single German MP to make a copy neither needed technical education, he created Bechowiec with only a basic imagination how machine pistol works. From the other side he created his first handgun in age of 15. Result was quite unusual - SMG firing from closed bolt designed in the 40s with fire selector and complicated hammer-type triggers mechanismm just like MP5 :D
11 pistols were firing 9x19mm, 2 or 3 7,63x25mm. You will find more details here.

Pistolet maszynowy Choroszman

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i was really surprised when i found that these series are translated to english. I watched them in native language and i was always thinking that this is just exactly what western people should watch about the eastern front

Yes I agree. Beyond Barbarossa and maybe Stalingrad, little of this is taught or even known by many Americans.

Upvote 0
first time posting, but i have a few good ones.

attachment.php

british Mk II in russian servace captured by the germans. Ms-1's in the back ground

attachment.php

KHT-26 first production. they took off the second turret, put a plug on the hull, and had the flame thrower of set to keep the original mantlet.

attachment.php

BT-7 in foreground, but a BT-7 hull with BT-2 turret in the background (you can see the rear hull angle down and the drivers hatch is not sticking out)

attachment.php

BT-5 curcular turret with gun removed and a maxim gun put in its place, used by slovakians.

attachment.php

BT-5 with P-40 AA mount. very rare on a BT-5

hope this worked!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg