• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Something diffrent

Depulsor

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
So here is something different from the general I want X Y in the game and what do you think about K R.

So basically I was browsing the Internet when my eye catched something that seemed so familiar: A screenshot of RO1, well not quite RO1, the sniper corsshair was painted green.

http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/voqzihvq/wtf.png

Clicking on this ad on Facebook leads you to a game called "Wolfteam"

The first thought that crossed my mind was: Can they really be serious? Did they just take a super old WW2 game and paint the crosshair green to make it look futuristic?

My second thought was: Is that even legal? Advertising a game with a Screenshot that is not taken from their game. Does that break somekind of Copyright?

I thought I might share my thoughts with you and maybe someone can tell me whether this is legal or not.

Last edited:
So basically their advertising worked. It doesn't matter what method they use to catch your attention, if you click it you're doing them a favour.
If I were you I'd download Adblock Plus, and forget about advertisements completely.

well I have adblock on my firefox, i was accessing FB through my chrome though, and well yes their advertising worked, but thats the strange thing, I doubt that many people played RO1 so I dont understand why they picked this game.

Upvote 0
a crazy amount of Internet advertising uses stolen images. And not just one off ads, but some that show up over and over again for years on end. In particular there is a line of ads that have been around forever on seemingly every other site on the web that say stuff like- "local mom finds way to cure x! Doctors hate her! You just need to follow this one weird trick! OBEY!" Nearly all of those have stolen images. Often the "local mom" is actually a picture of a French news anchor who was briefly an internet meme about 10 years ago.

Internet advertising is a pretty blizzard world. Ads which seem to have been designed for 5 bucks by a schizophrenic monkey, but which must have tons of money behind them based on the frequency they show up.

Upvote 0
Ok so I just saw one today on FB and thought it was pretty funny. It said this:

Are you man enough?

Prouve it HERE! 【Click Now】

And it had a picture of DE_Dust. And after I clicked on it it took me to a FB app called "Chaos of Three Kingdoms" I have no idea what it is. I find it rediculous though how false this advertising is.

Attachments

• CSS FB AD.jpg
    CSS FB AD.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0