• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Day Z, a zombie survival mod for ARMA2

The objective is to survive and this sometimes leads to engagements with other players.

There are people who actively go out to kill other players to survive, these are the real Bandits.
At the moment baddies have a different skin and can be recognized as being a bandit.
The problem is that some people become bandits who are not really "bad guys".
I've killed 2 bandits and one surviver, my humanity count is still positive but only just.
The surviver that I killed fired at me, so I took him out with a couple of shotgun slugs.

The bandit skin is going to be dropped, so now things will get even more interesting, you will not know if the guy in front of you is good or bad.
One of the guys I play with (we are 3/4 communicating over skype) killed two players who attacked me, he protected me and is now a bandit.

Then there are the Zombies, it is not always a good idea to attack them, the consequences can be dramatic.

Patch coming this week-end, be careful.

Upvote 0
I've actually developed a shoot on sight policy lately, bar the poor guys with makarovs. After some encounters which let to my death, I'm only grouping with my friends from now on.

I've also got used to the new zombies and I actually think they are awesome! Lots of zombies around keeps you alerted of other players and makes you think about firing your weapon. You can crawl undetected to almost anywhere.

I'm streaming whenever I can with English or Turkish commentary, depends on if I'm playing with friends or not.

http://www.twitch.tv/rakgitarmen/b/318633244

Upvote 0
So your humanity counter is what is supposed to prevent you from killing everyone on sight I assume?

I'm convinced, I will download this after the next patch is released. Any significant bugs I should know of?

As of next patch, thehumanity counter won't do anything. You will need to make your own mind about other players' intentions.

You'll just download a hundred megabytes alpha mod, you're being too picky. There are many bugs but you should do your own research.

Upvote 0
... you're being too picky. There are many bugs but you should do your own research.

Maybe. Downloaded the mod, and not surprisingly it doesn't work. Used the same process to install countless other mods with no issue, but I am going to assume Day Z has some special instructions that have to be found in a 300+ page forum thread elsewhere.

Edit: What patch version is needed for Day Z? Are they running the latest beta patch?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can run the latest ArmA2 beta patch, some servers demand its use.
This will not stop tou from playing on reguler 1.60 servers.

The file/mod structure is the same for DatZ as with any other mod, (@dayz+ addons folder).
Make sure you are running ArmA2 CO and not ArmA2 vanilla.
This is my command line using AlpineStars ArmAII launcher.

"-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@dayz" -nosplash -world=empty

All you actually need is this: (using a modified arma2oa game launcher icon).
"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@dayz

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe. Downloaded the mod, and not surprisingly it doesn't work. Used the same process to install countless other mods with no issue, but I am going to assume Day Z has some special instructions that have to be found in a 300+ page forum thread elsewhere.

Edit: What patch version is needed for Day Z? Are they running the latest beta patch?

try http://www.six-updater.net/
it's very useful for updating/installing mods, setting start prameters, making shortcuts for the mods etc.

Upvote 0
You can run the latest ArmA2 beta patch, some servers demand its use.
This will not stop tou from playing on reguler 1.60 servers.

The file/mod structure is the same for DatZ as with any other mod, (@dayz+ addons folder).
Make sure you are running ArmA2 CO and not ArmA2 vanilla.
This is my command line using AlpineStars ArmAII launcher.

"-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@dayz" -nosplash -world=empty

All you actually need is this: (using a modified arma2oa game launcher icon).
"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@dayz

I'm running V1.60 from the ArmAOA.exe. My command line is:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=@dayz

Just like my other shortcuts except I have all other mods disabled.

I downloaded the mod from Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16612

Set my filter to show Day Z.

Got a CTD when trying to join a server.

Though I am trying again and I can only find two servers with passwords. How many servers are all of you seeing?

Upvote 0
I'm running V1.60 from the ArmAOA.exe. My command line is:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=@dayz

Just like my other shortcuts except I have all other mods disabled.

I downloaded the mod from Armaholic:

[url]http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16612[/URL]

Set my filter to show Day Z.

Got a CTD when trying to join a server.

Though I am trying again and I can only find two servers with passwords. How many servers are all of you seeing?

Get latest version from here: http://www.dayzmod.com/downloads.php

Upvote 0
Server quality has really gone down since last week. Lots of servers crash after 45 minutes, leading to another rage inducing server search which takes about 30 minutes. Most of the servers have massive lag after 10 minutes of gameplay, leading to zombies teleporting near you and mauling you while you see nothing. Pumping rounds stupidly into zombies, only to have them die 10 seconds later. Sometimes your teammate suddenly teleports in front of you while you're shooting. As awesome as this mod is, shoddy arma netcode and servercode makes the experience miserable.

I hope, if they want this mod to stay popular, they sink some of the money they made during last week into bringing the netcode into some acceptable state.

Still, I've played this mod for probably 10 hours this weekend. When it works, it's the best. Ever since RO1, I never found myself as passionate about a game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hope, if they want this mod to stay popular, they sink some of the money they made during last week into bringing the netcode into some acceptable state.

Is ArmA 2's netcode still that bad? I hardly played it online because AI would have many issues, events would not trigger, ect. when playing missions co-op.

Maybe an area to invest a lot of time in for ArmA 3.

Upvote 0