• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Crysis 3

Heisenberg

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2012
600x.jpg

...to be fully unveiled April 15th, but it's already out there(EA confirmed it)..

According to some russian magazine it's set in an almost completely destroyed New York with heavy vegetation etc. so it's basically City + Jungle combined.

screenshot_280956_thumb_wide940.jpg

What do you think? I just hope that the PC version will push graphics to a new level. But since it's multiplatform I doubt it. Anyways, will have to wait for some proper screenshots.

Oh and there is some super cool stealth bow appearantly.

600x.jpg

...to be fully unveiled April 15th, but it's already out there(EA confirmed it)..

According to some russian magazine it's set in an almost completely destroyed New York with heavy vegetation etc. so it's basically City + Jungle combined.

screenshot_280956_thumb_wide940.jpg

What do you think? I just hope that the PC version will push graphics to a new level. But since it's multiplatform I doubt it. Anyways, will have to wait for some proper screenshots.

Oh and there is some super cool stealth bow appearantly.
They really did S%$t on the console version, if it wasn't for the obscene amount of motion blur it could have been enjoyable.Still have yet to play on the pc. :(

While the graphics were incredible, the single player was just ok agains human AI and completely moronic against the aliens.
They didn't improve much it the second either. I was playing a few days ago and they kept getting stuck in one place on each other. Easy kills against super intelligent aliens. :p

Also using a bow/arrow when you have a nanosuit, really Crytek?

Hunger Games. I think you can expect a bow to be included in the arsenal of quite a few games in the near future.
I bet the next CoD is going to have one.
I think it'll add more strategy possibilities to it. Since they drained most,if not all of it, out of the game.

I don't understand how the city is now jungle filled, unless the aliens countered what you did in the end of it and your now semi far in the future. :confused:

Upvote 0
Looks like a resounding 'Meh'.

I enjoyed the first Crysis for a while, but then it got boring. The new installments continued the boredom without fully utilizing the potential of the engine (consolization, etc). No i guess they're sticking to their guns and I'm sticking to not playing their games.

I've always enjoyed the Far Cry games better. FC2 was just as console ported as Crysis 2 i think, but I enjoyed it far more than its Crysis counterpart.

Upvote 0
...They didn't improve much it the second either. I was playing a few days ago and they kept getting stuck in one place on each other. Easy kills against super intelligent aliens. :p

Why is it that more than half the aliens in games and movies have to get up close and personal to try to kill you. Here on earth us humans are always trying to find ways to kill (anything) from farther and farther away :D

Upvote 0
Why is it that more than half the aliens in games and movies have to get up close and personal to try to kill you. Here on earth us humans are always trying to find ways to kill (anything) from farther and farther away :D
18406094.jpg

(No offense intended, They really almost never seemed to sit still though. :mad:)

Soft squishy beings are easily penetrated by sharp pointy things. :D The only problem we have is that were terrible at cqc with them.

Upvote 0
Crysis 1 and Warhead were great. Crysis 2 was only good. Hopefully this will be decent. Graphics are fine in Crysis 2, I don't care if they look any better.

"Pushing PCs" is pointless as no one will have the hardware to run it for 3-4 years anyways. I don't want CoD level graphics, but the graphical quality is good enough in Crysis 2 where it only needs some slight improvements.

Upvote 0
"Pushing PCs" is pointless as no one will have the hardware to run it for 3-4 years anyways. I don't want CoD level graphics, but the graphical quality is good enough in Crysis 2 where it only needs some slight improvements.
Hope they at least TRY and make the consoles better, even if the tech is getting more outdated by the day. Too much motion blur. Hopefully they'll have all the pc exclusive stuff out too on opening day/week.

Upvote 0
I really enjoyed my Crysis/Warhead gaming; both solo and with a handful of friends.

I absolutely hated Crysis 2, the gameplay was meh and i didn't even get far because the way they fvcked up the suit made it unintuitive, clunky and silly.

I predicted Crysis 2 to be bad, and frankly any multiplat game won't live up to a pure-pc standard. The Battlefield-like maps of the first and expansion were really great, and consoles are ruining the feel of online gaming.

IMO unless Crysis 3 feels more like Crysis then it will suck.

Upvote 0
While I thought the SP was decent, without a doubt, the MP is awful in Crysis 2. Crysis Wars was great for MP, though the maps could have been balanced a bit better. It was very rare, in my experience, for any team to actually win. Usually you just run out of time.

Also, to quote someone from another forum:

Crysis 3. Space age suit. Stone age weaponry.

Upvote 0
Tbh I think you people are very much exaggerating. While less open than Crysis1, it still offered a good choice of approaching your goal within a limited area, 100x more than in your other linear FPS corridor shooters.

That was fine, yes, but the parts with the Aliens just sucked so bad. I swear, if they cut the Aliens out of Crysis 1 and the game was half as long it would have been better.

Upvote 0
That was fine, yes, but the parts with the Aliens just sucked so bad. I swear, if they cut the Aliens out of Crysis 1 and the game was half as long it would have been better.

The aliens make for an interesting plot twist with interesting gameplay however.

But no aliens would be good. What do you propose takes their place, or how does the story then progress?

Upvote 0