• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wargame: European Escalation

I have a small rant over here. What's the point in ATGM spam? Every troop I have encountered is having some kind of ATGM on them. Pact players now seems to choose the troops that have it. Some people say they are so inaccurate it doesn't matter, but they are not if you have 3-6 cheap troops lined up that cost as much as Leo2s, some of them will hit and destroy them.

This feels like plaing some sniping game where the only important thing is to have ATGM and helo recon. Sure it slows down the gameplay, but it also makes it so much more cheesy to just sit down and let the misseles do the dueling. The only counter for high range misseles is...buy troops that have the same advantage -> boring. Try to assault with tanks that don't have ATGM against hordes of Pact tanks that have it = suicide(even if they are just sitting in open).

I don't want a game where heavy tanks win the game or any just spam one troop for that matter. But having to place my heavy tanks in back and cover while cheap medium tanks can just sit in the open with their ATGM feels retarted. They are just asking for my Leo2s(I only make 2 leopard 2a4 and one Leo2 later if enemy is tank/vehicle heavy I found this to be good to have strong punch in the beginning for armour) to take them down, but wait...4 misseles coming..

Maybe I need to change something in my playstyle, but I don't see how this ATGM oriented playstyle can continue, something needs to be balanced, I want to have tank duels dammit!

Still a great game.

Upvote 0
I have to agree with you there.

I admire Eugen for patching and rebanalnceing but for me the problem is that they do too much rebalancing at one. EG in the old meta, heavies became useless, so they buffed the heavies, but they buffed it too much. Giving them better AP, more ccuracy, better stablisers, and a 200m range boost to top! After that the game became a heavy fest...

Then they rebalanced medeiums and ATGM's to counter heavies, but once again, they buffed them too much, they receved a range boost of 150+, a faster firing rate, and a massive buff in AP value, on top of patching the accuracy bug... really all that was needed was perhaps a range buff for the lower tier ATGM's so they would have the first opportunity to fire...

Upvote 0
It's not just this game a lot of other games does the same thing. Battlefield series suffers from this same fate(Eugene sounds familiar...wasn't the guy doing weapon balances in BF also called Eugene..:eek:).

I think this game just need some small fine tuning(because it's not so nitpicking as CoH or Starcraft). You will however have difficulty to balance ALL of the troops from both Pact and Nato(not just against each others but also troop balances in the Nato or Pact), because theres just so many of them. I mean RTS games in general have hard time to find good middle line even with just 8 or 12 different units on 2 sides.

I am changing my deck after every match. Now my Anti-air artillery is pretty useless and need to use missele sams instead. Heavy tanks I'm thinking instead of Leopard2s I might get Challengers(because of better armour and still enough firepower to take down those medium tanks). Good thing about this game is because it's not so micro oriented that losing/getting casulties is my own fault for failing hard.

Upvote 0
I think this game just need some small fine tuning(because it's not so nitpicking as CoH or Starcraft). You will however have difficulty to balance ALL of the troops from both Pact and Nato(not just against each others but also troop balances in the Nato or Pact), because theres just so many of them. I mean RTS games in general have hard time to find good middle line even with just 8 or 12 different units on 2 sides.

yeah you can easlie disregard most GDR and Polish forces along with brit and american groundtroops.

I am changing my deck after every match. Now my Anti-air artillery is pretty useless and need to use missele sams instead. Heavy tanks I'm thinking instead of Leopard2s I might get Challengers(because of better armour and still enough firepower to take down those medium tanks). Good thing about this game is because it's not so micro oriented that losing/getting casulties is my own fault for failing hard.
as for NATO at the moment:

As for AA i go fully vetted chapperals (2) with acombined supply.
Also 4-6 anti Tank inf in VAB , J

Last edited:
Upvote 0