• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Max Payne 3

I honestly care nothing for the multiplayer aspect of Max Payne 3. The franchise has always been about the single player experience and living in the shoes of Max at his best and worst hour.

Excited for the game itself, the hype surrounding MLG events and multiplayer stuff don't interest me in the slightest.

Playing through the first two titles on Steam. The originals still hold up well in entertaining.

Upvote 0
ignoring the MLG bull****, which all of you should know enough to do, the MP is actually a lot of fun, especially gang wars. Pistols are a bit OP but it's not enough make me not want to play. It's like any other game, there's ways to kill people using them. SP isn't bad so far too.

Haha pistols are OP. There's something you don't hear often in a MP shooter.

I really wanna get this game for PC, but I don't trust Rockstar to release a good port ... GTAIV wasn't very inspiring. I'll just wait for reviews and reactions.

Upvote 0
Played it for an hour or so and so far it's pretty good. Feels like the old Max Payne games in terms of gameplay mechanics. Maybe not as noir as its predecessors, but not bad either (tho I'm only a few missions in).

Edit:

A really basic, but awesome thing to note. You can pause at any time during a cutscene. I absolutely hate when in some games that have long cutscenes you have to step away for a second, get a phone call or whatever and you can't pause the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Played it for an hour or so and so far it's pretty good. Feels like the old Max Payne games in terms of gameplay mechanics. Maybe not as noir as its predecessors, but not bad either (tho I'm only a few missions in).

Edit:

A really basic, but awesome thing to note. You can pause at any time during a cutscene. I absolutely hate when in some games that have long cutscenes you have to step away for a second, get a phone call or whatever and you can't pause the game.
I'm still on the fence about buying it. What's your verdict? Is it a good port unlike GTA4 was for PC? Does it run well on your PC? Etc etc etc.

Upvote 0
I'm still on the fence about buying it. What's your verdict? Is it a good port unlike GTA4 was for PC? Does it run well on your PC? Etc etc etc.
I feel it's a good port. Menus are decent and you can select everything with a mouse. Aiming and everything works well. FoV is good. Feels like a PC game tbh.

My PC is a bit dated (i7 920, HD5770, 6GB DDR3 RAM), so I can't max out the graphics without getting low FPS (I don't like to play under 50), but it looks great with med-high settings as well. It has lots of graphics settings to meddle with.

I really didn't expect to get the Max Payne feeling from this game, but it really is a worthy addition to the series.

I just finished chapter 11 and have 3 more to go to finish the game. Doubt I'll get into the multi-player stuff, I have other games for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I feel it's a good port. Menus are decent and you can select everything with a mouse. Aiming and everything works well. FoV is good. Feels like a PC game tbh.

My PC is a bit dated (i7 920, HD5770, 6GB DDR3 RAM), so I can't max out the graphics without getting low FPS (I don't like to play under 50), but it looks great with med-high settings as well. It has lots of graphics settings to meddle with.

I really didn't expect to get the Max Payne feeling from this game, but it really is a worthy addition to the series.

I just finished chapter 11 and have 3 more to go to finish the game. Doubt I'll get into the multi-player stuff, I have other games for that.
How many hours of gameplay so far?

Upvote 0
How many hours of gameplay so far?
I don't know, I think between 8-10. Playing on the hardest difficulty I could select (you can unlock harder modes after you beat the game), also trying to find all the hidden collectibles, which basically means quickly searching through every zone after having killed the enemies.

And yeah, still got the last 3 chapters to go.

Upvote 0
I don't know, I think between 8-10. Playing on the hardest difficulty I could select (you can unlock harder modes after you beat the game), also trying to find all the hidden collectibles, which basically means quickly searching through every zone after having killed the enemies.

And yeah, still got the last 3 chapters to go.
That's kinda short. A game that occupies 29GB should be at least 30 hours long. Any idea why is it so big?

Upvote 0
That's kinda short. A game that occupies 29GB should be at least 30 hours long. Any idea why is it so big?

High quality textures? Something else? Games are getting big these days. That being said, 29GB is rather large. Graphics don't look that good, textures look about average. So I don't think that would be taking up that much space?

Upvote 0