• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Tribes Ascend

That's not necessarily a bad thing.
I know I'd love a tactical shooter that gets up to the same level of the good old days, even if it doesnt move past them.
Just something new that you can play in the same style without any compatibility issues and better graphics, sounds etc. sounds good to me.
It's not like there is an abundance of Tribes-like games.

Upvote 0
The genius who thought adding a hitscan sniper rifle to a game about leading projectiles while slippery was a good idea should be fired.
If there were no snipers, good Pathfinders, that work together with a few people who clear the enemy flag area, would be impossible to stop.

A good PTH gets from spawn to enemy flag in 20-30 seconds and grabs it at around 250-300 speed. While going towards the flag he lets his team know exactly how many seconds away he is, so that they can clear the flag area exactly at the time he needs to make the grab.

A PTH flying away at ~300 speed is very hard to stop without good snipers. If the PTH takes the short route, it can cap the flag in around 15 seconds. That's not enough time for any other class to do anything about it.

Upvote 0
By the way, aren't the prices on the weapons way too high? 8 euros gives you about two weapons, which is crazy imo.
For €40 you get 5500 gold, I don't see how that adds up to 8 per two weapons. If you use it wisely, you can pretty much unlock most of what you would ever need with that. By that I mean spending it on weapons and equipment and not on classes and perks (which require considerably less XP). But if you focus on only a couple of classes, you can just unlock everything for them right away.

Also, since that €40 also gives you two months of double XP, you'll soon have more XP than you'll know what to do with.

Oh and just to add to the sniper discussion and how good PTH's would be very hard to stop without them, here's some routes from a fairly decent PTH:

Tribes: Ascend - Katabatic Routes (Diamond Sword) - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0