• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] ArmA 3, for real

Google Translate, sorry...

A summary of the latest news:

Bootcamp Update - LINK

This free DLC will bring:
  • A campaign prologue to serve basic tutorial;
  • Bootcamp Multiplayer a player to act as instructor and guide the rest of the players; A more focused version of Zeus at it;
  • Virtual Training or VR - Someone played Metal Gear? A new map "blank", new generic objects to populate it. The purpose of this is to simplify the game and not bombard newbies with all the weapon once.

roadmap_14_15_5.jpg

• Integration Steam Workshop to addons and mods to complete
  • A Launcher to play - activate mods, easily access the startup commands and more for the future.

roadmap_14_15_13.png

• This so- Arsenal , where you will be able to create a "loadout" and save it to use the Zeus editor and maybe have a kit fitted to play online now (those modes you Barbie loses 20 min riding in front of a mailbox in an airport)

Bq5d2f2IcAAMaIb.png:large

And now the really important changes in gameplay.

• Adding inertia - bigger guns or heavier = greater penalty in time to turn around and "pull" the sights. It was quite vague and just testing to see.
  • Fatigue - It Back! His movements become slower as your tiredness and weight of your equipment. It may seem a little thing but it makes a hell of difference and makes the game much more realistic. Reached in Beta testing this on Dev Branch for a few days and is gamechanging.
  • The Campaign the main game has been optimized and updated with changes in the "Patrol" missions (if you resolve to leave the base between a mission and another, I did not even know existed until some time ago) and conservation of weapons collected during missions. For more information see HERE .

roadmap_14_15_1.jpg

• Small additions weapon (shotgun?), Uniforms and robes. Besides the surprises.

And now the SITREP of the day:

A summary of the whole situation + technical things; Not worth trying to summarize.

And that's it. Sounds good?

3KCc1CP.jpg

Upvote 0
Is there a much of interest in this game (in it's original form) among the mil-sim community?
I can certainly say there isn't much love from the many contacts i have that used to spend countless hours in the previous games.

I put almost all of this down to the setting - ppl I know just find it hard to relate to.
None of the current content draws me in despite the game itself running pretty well.
And yet i would happily put up with all the difficulties of the previous BI games just to experience all that military hardware i was familiar with.

I know some have embraced the future tech but surely they wouldn't have turned their back on current or historical hardware that needn't be the same as the 2 previous outings?

Didn't anyone suggest that this was possibly an important element of the milsim experience?

It was a mad decision imo, and such a huge disappointment as it stands - still don't mind me - dayz and life servers seem to be what arma's all about now...

Upvote 0
Yeah RHS is nice, although it seemed to cause some issues so my lot are using East VS West stuff for now.
Also running TFR, AGM, Alive, various BAF uniforms and vehicles, the arma2 maps and weapons with joint rails.

So fortunately i'm at last enjoying the game (engine?) i paid for - which i've always thought was technically sound - as i play constantly now the stock content is mostly replaced.
Loved the DLC-nook and it's screen full of rotor icons, but i'll stick with the good old free-nook thanks, it's prettier.

Upvote 0
Who is that guy? :)

Ah ha, glad to see continuing relationships and that you are onboard.

There is some pretty good stuff out there to choose from.
I've voted my preferences, however I'm not saying anything, I would not like people to imagine for an instant that I was trying to influence the jury.

I did the French translation for SA-Matra's WS & KOTH Launcher a few days ago, not that that has anything to do with my above comment :D

One modification that did not make it through was ArmAGeddon, I highly recommend playing it with a few friends...

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/QWVSXHpeHU#.VNxRoZiG-PU

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In case you are interested in that new ArmA 3 DLC, this video gives you a good first impression. Summary: It is still ArmA with all it quirks and flaws ;)

Offtopic: Also the forum search is completely useless now. Try searching for ArmA 3 and see what you will find, not this thread that would be too easy (you will just find one other random thread mentioning the word ArmA)...

Upvote 0