• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] ArmA 3, for real

Welp, time to pluck the foot out of my mouth. I'll admit when ARMA 3 got announced I was really not too thrilled. I was adamant about how it'd be riddled with bugs, optimization issues, and so on.

I've seen less polished betas than this thing. Movement is a bit tricky to get used to initially, but it's considerably smoother than I'd expect an ARMA game to be. Frame-rates are really damn solid even with me pushing this thing, and it only seems to dip when lots of heavy explosions go off in a chain.

I'm in love.

Upvote 0
In multiplayer my FPS detoriates after a while; my GPU usage goes down from 99% to ~45%. I think it has something to do with corpses.

Anyways, the game is nice but desperately needs great PvP missions. I just hope we can avoid Domination/Warfare/Boring Coop stuff this time. I want ArmA 3 to have great public missions.

Upvote 0
Alpha lite keys don't apparently come till March 14th, so check back then and someone should have a spare key for you.

For me it runs considerably better than ARMA 2 on much more gorgeous and demanding settings. There's some obvious bugs and polish fixes needed here or there, but for an alpha it's pretty darn impressive honestly.

Upvote 0
For those who have the game and want to have another mission to play with a few friends, I made a quick mission for 4 people today.
Set-up is pretty simple: infiltrate a village, kill the commander, exfiltrate. The only really outstanding feature are 3d death screams :p

Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?eltd8uaxsatdsgb

For some other missions by a community-member at tangodown.nl:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18738

EDIT:
I have the feeling a lot of people are eating hats and shoes right now :p
ArmA 3 is quite the epic thing.

Upvote 0
Arma game that doesn't require nuclear reactor and liquid hydrogen to power up the necessary components to run it in before the first expansion hits the stores? In alpha?

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Arma game that doesn't require nuclear reactor and liquid hydrogen to power up the necessary components to run it in before the first expansion hits the stores? In alpha?

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

We live in miraculous times.

Can't wait to get my hands on it even just to see how it runs.
Based on all the reactions I've read so far I wouldn't be surprised if this runs better than A2 on the same settings on my machine.

Upvote 0
Had no crashes so far and the performance is really great considering how damn well this game looks. Its also the first ArmA game for me where it is fun to shoot a weapon, no strange animation everything fluid, I love it so far

That sounds good. I've been reading it is more optimized this time around. Just remembered that even if I do get an invite, I'll have to wait to the 14th to try it. :p

This is the next game, for sure. Now I just need 1500 for a new rig :eek:

If don't know where you live, but if you're in the USA and have a microcenter, the 3570K i5 is on sale for $160.

Upvote 0