• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] ArmA 3, for real

Yeap, there are so many things wrong with the way binocs work atm. On top of the things u mentioned you can't run with the binocs in ur hand either. Must be magic binocs.

I actually don't use binoculars for the reasons mentioned above. It is just too slow and cumbersome to use them. I actually find it harder to spot things with them than I do with just using zoom.

Upvote 0
Yeap, there are so many things wrong with the way binocs work atm. On top of the things u mentioned you can't run with the binocs in ur hand either. Must be magic binocs.

dem lead binocs.

@ Flogger, I wouldent think cargo bays on a russian helo to be too far fetched. Afterall the HIND has a cargo bay and can insert 4-8 men with it.

Upvote 0

sooo, ARMA 3 = bigrig gaming comp. I think I can deal with that.

Actually on a serious note about arma 3, I know arma 2 caps out somewhere around using four cores. Can anyone tell me to what level arma 3 is distributed? If I went crazy and bought a 4 cpu server box and tried to run ARMA 3 with 4 of AMD's 16 core chips on how many of those would I see any the game utilizing them? ( OK perhaps not 4x16 cores, but something like an 8 core PD, or a 6core 12 thread sandy E chip ).

Upvote 0
Some new screen shots...

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/12/new-arma-3-screenshots/

Actually on a serious note about arma 3, I know arma 2 caps out somewhere around using four cores. Can anyone tell me to what level arma 3 is distributed? If I went crazy and bought a 4 cpu server box and tried to run ARMA 3 with 4 of AMD's 16 core chips on how many of those would I see any the game utilizing them? ( OK perhaps not 4x16 cores, but something like an 8 core PD, or a 6core 12 thread sandy E chip ).

I don't think it'll utilize more cores then ArmA 2 does at the moment. Just wait until the Community Alpha is released to gauge specifics. The information isn't out there yet, and anything considered now is just pure guesstimation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Comrade. Well I was hoping for some info, all I have now is a quad core, so I've no way of testing if actually uses more than 4 threads/cores when the alpha comes out...

You and me both quite honestly, but the truth is this information has not been disclosed by the slightest so far by Bohemia. I frequent their forums quite often and the implications so far point to a similar architecture of that of ArmA 2. Upon that theory, you should be good with a quad-core depending on model and of course, brute gigahertz.

The reason I mention the alpha, is because it is the most logical (albeit, general) answer anyone can give you at the moment. So until more details are revealed concerning the potentiality of how much ArmA 3 utilizes multi-core CPUs and hyper-threading technology (something ArmA 2 doesn't play nice with), the alpha will be the only way to gauge what is what.

If not from your end (because of hardware limitations) but by the experience of others out there with such hardware, which I'm sure people will share their experience/results concerning performance. Its (performance) what everyone is looking to find out right now when it comes to ArmA 3.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You and me both quite honestly, but the truth is this information has not been disclosed by the slightest so far by Bohemia. I frequent their forums quite often and the implications so far point to a similar architecture of that of ArmA 2. Upon that theory, you should be good with a quad-core depending on model and of course, brute gigahertz.

The reason I mention the alpha, is because it is the most logical (albeit, general) answer anyone can give you at the moment. So until more details are revealed concerning the potentiality of how much ArmA 3 utilizes multi-core CPUs and hyper-threading technology (something ArmA 2 doesn't play nice with), the alpha will be the only way to gauge what is what.

If not from your end (because of hardware limitations) but by the experience of others out there with such hardware, which I'm sure people will share their experience/results concerning performance. Its (performance) what everyone is looking to find out right now when it comes to ArmA 3.

cool beans brah.

:D

ARMA 3 is probably the one game that I will be considering as I buy my upgraded computer sometime in the next three months. This old Q6600 Rig is starting to show some grey hairs.

Upvote 0
There was a handy hardware thread a while ago but i couldnt find it - anyway its relavent to arma 3 (as it's the only game i'd upgrade for)...

Which of these boards, if either, would you upgrade to play arma3, based on what you know or expect about how it will run on different processors.

GA-M720-US3 CPU SUPPORT LIST - the phenom 2 x6 1055t (95w) looks a good option if i can find one in UK, but maybe one of the faster X4 phenoms might do just as well.
P5N32-E SLI Plus - which judging by the support list will be maxed with one of the Quad Extreme chips, or pretty close behind, an easy to find Core II quad Q6700 might be a good bet.

I'm considering the 560ti or 6870 (or the equivelent in the next series up when the game's released) , but almost certainly wont be using the SLI capabilities of the asus board - i might a run a separate Physx card if it's beneficial for arma3, but i doubt it will be.

i'm hoping for reasonable viewdistance but mid/low visuals - do ppl recon either build could stretch to that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If they can get the PvP multiplayer nailed down this could be gaming nirvana.

Wouldn't mind it myself, but I am interested in playing real missions. Obviously you can play real missions in PvP, but they are typically not "balanced" and I doubt they would attract many players. And, of course, human players will be expecting resistance whereas AI is not.

Upvote 0
To be honest, the popularity of DayZ prompted the biggest bug cleaning/polishing of the ArmA engine ever. DayZ and ArmA 3 will be different games but on the same engine. Hopefully the polish that goes into DayZ will find it's way into ArmA 3 as well.

It's great news that DayZ becomes a standalone game. In that way it's possible to make it more accessible (if that decision is taken) without harming the arma franchise and at the same time BIS will cash in which ultimately means that Arma will improve. The more cash the better the game become. If only BIS had the same amount of cash as activision Lolz.

Upvote 0