• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] ArmA 3, for real

Hmm I wouldn't mind if they were putting in prototype weapons into the game, but making stuff up completely just doesn't jive for me in a military simulator.

Hmm.

This. It seems inconsistent since there are still M-14s. If the game is 10 or so years in the future I doubt you'll see any of those around since they are already being replaced.

Upvote 0
I'm not digging the "future" setting as well. I appreciate BIS wanting to try something different and use their creativity this time, but when it comes to "creativity" part of games; BIS is pretty boring.

It will also make things worse for modders as they'll have to start the models from scratch, instead of modifying them. Hopefully importing stuff from ArmA 2 will be easy. I think importing stuff from Arma to ArmA 2 was not that easy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not digging the "future" setting as well. I appreciate BIS wanting to try something different and use their creativity this time, but when it comes to "creativity" part of games; BIS is pretty boring.

It will also make things worse for modders as they'll have to start the models from scratch, instead of modifying them. Hopefully importing stuff from ArmA 2 will be easy. I think importing stuff from Arma to ArmA 2 was not that easy.

This. The ArmA series is plagued with many gameplay/engine issues. When they start fixing some of these to make the most authentic shooter of all time, they start moving into the area of fictional weapons. :confused:

More "headroom for design" does not sound good at all for a simulator, especially a series that markets itself on being authentic.

While mods might fix it, most of the mods are of low quality. The majority of the weapon mods have terrible sounds and whatnot. Plus it makes it harder to play online if everyone has a different variation of the game.

Upvote 0
I don't know of too many shooters that put lots of cool near-future prototype weapons into games ... even the CoD series tends to stick to stuff that already exists. I would think adding in lots of prototypes would be a cool but plausible way to tap into that futuristic feel, without pissing off all the realism fans (ie, most of BIS's fanbase) who don't want to see ARMA: Battlefield 2142 ;)

In the end I just see this as a terrible design decision that's going to really divide the existing BIS fanbase. Personally, I'll pass on the game unless I see an overpowering reason to consider it. I was definitely considering it until I heard about this fantasy stuff.

Actually the weapons are not fantasy weapons as u might think, but lets say BIS

Upvote 0
meh puma, every bone they throw to the community is one i will take. ( and dont get me wrong, they throw a lot. )

In the end I am not too too worried, because I know that the ACE community will make the game what I want to play. I have survived this far without reload anims, so I can grit my teeth and survive on, so much of ARMA has little to do with graphics. ( doesnt mean i dont like purdy gfx though ).

Upvote 0
so much of ARMA has little to do with graphics. ( doesnt mean i dont like purdy gfx though ).

The graphics look fine in most areas. Maybe better smoke affects, more debris, and changing the lighting system and the horrible HDR would be nice. The new water looks and behaves much nicer, assuming the vehicles handle more realistically on it.

Upvote 0