• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

In ArmA 2 you can hold LMG like that, however if you start shooting recoil kicks badly, so it's unmanageable and ineffective to try to kill enemy. You most likely would have big problems hitting a barn from 100 meters, so only use is to suppress enemy (suppression works in ArmA 2 games). Also you wouldn't want to deploy LMG in those high bushes.

In RO2 you can snipe people at any range from hip firing LMG - that's the difference.

Upvote 0
well, in the vids, there's no sweeping changes to see for an old arma player.

yes, there's the in map rts orders stuff which looks interesting and yes the models are nice....

but I truely hope I'm missing something in translation.

I think an interesting parralell is the way ro1 die hards expected 2 to be their dream game.

its a little like that for me, as an ofp/arma/vbs1 junkie, although I'll be less rabid about it.

rgds

lok

PS, please excuse spelling grammar punct. etc, posting this from a broken device

Upvote 0
Once they show examples of stuff that has been genuinely changed and how they behave (like examples from the supposedly new, 'realistic' tank damage model) I might be somewhat interested. Because right now it looks like A2 mod with nice visuals and that's about it. Key word here being "looks like" but so far their hype has been actively failing to demonstrate any proper "Why this is actually a standalone game that's not just A2.05 with WW2 makeup" but instead it's the complete opposite. I've watched both Let's Play videos and I honestly considered reading Twilight better alternative than watching something random showcases of A2.05 with WW2 makeup with barely anything to show. And I've already seen it in OFP and A2 long, looooong time ago.

Let's hope they catch on in a month and would show something new instead of just... well, you know the drill.
Yes it looks like a reskinned ARMA2, just as I feared. Even the interface is essentially the same! And it's nice to see that super repetitive AI voice commands are still there haha.

Just like you, until I see how this game is really different than ARMA2, I won't be interested.

Upvote 0
Yes it looks like a reskinned ARMA2, just as I feared. Even the interface is essentially the same! And it's nice to see that super repetitive AI voice commands are still there haha.

Just like you, until I see how this game is really different than ARMA2, I won't be interested.
Can't you read?It says clearely diferent sounds,diferent movements,diferent animations...etc etc,bur it's ARMA 2 engine(if you know what is that),will be something like ARMA WW2 :),by the way you will heare only rusian and german(no english like in RO2 Stalingrad).But...maybe you should stick to RO 1.

Upvote 0
Hello all

@Razvanss the gameplay videos that have been released so far have been quite underwhelming.

Alot of stock Arma stuff still in place and at the moment apart from being a fine piece of work it still looks like a standard mod without any vast changes.

Yes there are lists of stuff that are supposed to be in game that havnt really materialised so far. For example the new UI seems to be exactly the same but with a reskin (im not talking about the rts map thing, which does look interesting) but the GUI from OFP is a bit long in the tooth.

Now, "so what?" you may say, "It's still gonna look great!"

Yes, yes it will and if what we have seen so far was part of a dlc I'd hapilly grab it.

But as a standalone game at a standalone price, im not so sure.

If it's cheap as chips, no problem, but for 25-30+ quid ill need some more convincing.

I want it to be a great game i really do, but i worry about lack of released info.

Rgds

LoK

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can't you read?It says clearely diferent sounds,diferent movements,diferent animations...etc etc,bur it's ARMA 2 engine(if you know what is that),will be something like ARMA WW2 :),by the way you will heare only rusian and german(no english like in RO2 Stalingrad).But...maybe you should stick to RO 1.

It's called "Show, don't tell", something that's enforced in literature and as far as I am concerned should be enforced when hyping things up, since we're talking about something that you can visualize right now instead of just give a cliff notes- edition used to get people interested. Let's take the 'new', supposedly realistic armour system. How does it work? Any demonstrations? Any details? Examples? No. The small part in the 1st Let's Play video didn't show anything, the 2nd video... well, the random ramming speed gunfest that uncannily reminded me about OFP single player campaign, with the exception at least that was awesome. New animations? For the moment they are still using tons of stock A2 stuff, which of course could be because not all the new stuff is finished. Only things that are definitely different are visuals and audio. Other than those it looks uncannily like A2 with just WW2 makeup. Etc etc.

So what's the solution? The same mantra mentioned at the beginning of this post. Until then I'll remain very skeptic about Lib44.

Upvote 0
Hello all

@Razvanss the gameplay videos that have been released so far have been quite underwhelming.

Alot of stock Arma stuff still in place and at the moment apart from being a fine piece of work it still looks like a standard mod without any vast changes.

Yes there are lists of stuff that are supposed to be in game that havnt really materialised so far. For example the new UI seems to be exactly the same but with a reskin (im not talking about the rts map thing, which does look interesting) but the GUI from OFP is a bit long in the tooth.

Now, "so what?" you may say, "It's still gonna look great!"

Yes, yes it will and if what we have seen so far was part of a dlc I'd hapilly grab it.

But as a standalone game at a standalone price, im not so sure.

If it's cheap as chips, no problem, but for 25-30+ quid ill need some more convincing.

I want it to be a great game i really do, but i worry about lack of released info.

Rgds

LoK
I know the lack of released info is anoying for everywone,you are right on what you are saying,for me...I'm waiting for the new video Let's play and maybe the trailer for this game to make an opinion,I'm not with this game until I play it.Looks promising but a screenshot is not like the gameplay.Let's not acuse and just wait:).And something fresh from the IF forums:
''This is a part of the marketing strategy. I am sure they will confirm more part of the game soon.
As i know the "gold" version must be done about 1,5-2 weeks before the release. So in this case they have 6 week left.
Not easy to talk about this. There is a lot of aspect of the game, but if i need to choose a few, then...
This is a stand alone game, with official support, patches, updates, forum.
Much more easyer usage, like to start the game.
The general quality of the game will be better then the I44.
About the German forum. It's made for the German players, who not speak English, but they are not realy want make topics and post comments. Iam just an English section moderator, thats why i just update these topics, and answer for the question.

I know about your fear, and you are not alone. The IF have some limit, and we need to accept these limits to step forward. The "Iron Front" is a new franchise, and the start won't be easy. I hope we will see more "IF" game in the future, but first we need to make the first steps. For those, who have fears about the game, and if you will be disappointed after the release, please share your feedbacks and suggestions, to help us to make the game better.''
And the latest Let's play #3 video:Let's Play Iron Front: Liberation 1944 #3 - Gameplay-Walkthrough mit der Beta-Version - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ARMA 2 epic zoom,I hate it!!!Beeing a ww2 games fan I will buy the game just for multiplayer,beeing tired of run&gun games,but from the videos I don't see any new movements just...another vehicles,sounds,weapons and maps but mostly nothing new,ARMA WW2 :).They could change the animation for the map at least...

Upvote 0
It's pretty, but until I see some decent MP footage, my money is tight in my pocket. The ARMA community is small, this one will be even smaller. Will there even be populated servers available worldwide without killer pings? That's the biggest issue for me.

ArmA 2 community is many times bigger and more active than RO2.

Check this: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?90-ARMA-2-amp-OA-SQUADS-AND-FANPAGES

hundreds of clans, communities and units

tons of mods, addons, maps, weapons, custom missions and campaigns made by modding community.

Upvote 0
I've been playing A2 since it came out and I'm very aware how big and also how fractured the community is. It is much bigger than HOS, which isn't saying much, it's still very small compared to any mainistream game. My point is, how many I44 servers are up and are populated at any given time? A couple at best, usually none. I think Iron Fronts player base is a niche of a niche. Don't get me wrong, I hope they succeed because I'd love to play it, I just don't want it to be only me and a bunch of ai.

Upvote 0
I've been playing A2 since it came out and I'm very aware how big and also how fractured the community is. It is much bigger than HOS, which isn't saying much, it's still very small compared to any mainistream game. My point is, how many I44 servers are up and are populated at any given time? A couple at best, usually none. I think Iron Fronts player base is a niche of a niche. Don't get me wrong, I hope they succeed because I'd love to play it, I just don't want it to be only me and a bunch of ai.
Let's hope for the best...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Join community. Many play regularly I44 mission or campaigns on their servers. Only casual/full-public gaming isn't popular in ArmA 2.

Upvote 0
This game just needs ACE/ACRE and some minor mods to fix it's issues. Same story with ArmA 2 Combined.

Stock game - don't touch it.
w/ ACE/ACRE/etc - great tactical MP game
Ugh I don't see this as an argument to buy the game though ... why should I pay money for something that isn't fun out of the box? Shouldn't I be paying modders instead for making the game enjoyable? I guess that's no longer the developer's job? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0