• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

This looks exactly like I thought it would from what ive seen so far, anyone that expected a whole new game or vast improvements over the ArmA engine were imo expecting to much. I played the origianl mod for OFP and it was alot of fun although I remember it not running that well on my machine at the time. Does anyone know how much its going to be and im assuming it isn't on steam?

From what the moderator was saying, yes, it will be available through Steam. Although I am not 100% sure on the price, I thought I saw something in the range of $30 to $40.

Upvote 0
The thing is there is already a great free WW2 mod for ARMA2, at least content wise. Without any major gameplay changes, adding a bunch of content just doesn't do it for me.

The only thing that could make me buy this is a great multiplayer component, something at least I think ARMA2 vanilla and the mod lacks. I hope they pull it off, but that latest video rendered me less than excited, showing off a lot of vehicles, a gigantic map and ballistics and such, but really doesn't do anything great with all that content.

I hope they prove me wrong. Fingers crossed.

I'm sorry but the only other ww2 mod for Arma is about the Western front and doesn't even include the Red Army. So it does indeed add new content, particularly most of the vehicle used on the eastern front as well as a completely different map located in Poland.
Also some part of the game have been redone like ballistics etc...

Upvote 0
So far from what I have seen, there are some nice looking screenshots/models etc. To me that is neither negative or positive.

I will not buy a game because of great looking screenshots. If I did, I would be a proud owner of BF# and COD#, which I am not :p

Moe,

I had posted this a couple of days ago. Maybe you missed it. Trust me, I am not a fan of those either...

Here you go:

Let's Play Iron Front: Liberation 1944 #1 - Gameplay-Walkthrough mit der Beta-Version - YouTube

Upvote 0
Hello all

40 vehicles? ah, then i'm a lot more positive, the game play vid must have been an early/cut down version. as it didnt show many (although they are very very lovely models indeed)

the other changes listed also sound groovy.

@Dwarden The fact it's using the latest engine versions is also great to hear, i was worried it was the vanilla A2 (as you can tell i know nothing about engine licencing!)

I had a play with the latest beta with I44 and the fxaa *seems* to really smooth out fps for me which in turn make the game more fluid.

if we could get the fluid character movement of RO2 into Armas engine, id be a happy happy camper.

Also, hopefully we will be able to use existing AO mods with IF for enhanced fx etc although i realise there will prob be some compatability issues.

Ive been looking forward to liberation from it's mod days and was just a bit knocked back by the lacklustre vid.

Rgds

Lok

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Once they show examples of stuff that has been genuinely changed and how they behave (like examples from the supposedly new, 'realistic' tank damage model) I might be somewhat interested. Because right now it looks like A2 mod with nice visuals and that's about it. Key word here being "looks like" but so far their hype has been actively failing to demonstrate any proper "Why this is actually a standalone game that's not just A2.05 with WW2 makeup" but instead it's the complete opposite. I've watched both Let's Play videos and I honestly considered reading Twilight better alternative than watching something random showcases of A2.05 with WW2 makeup with barely anything to show. And I've already seen it in OFP and A2 long, looooong time ago.

Let's hope they catch on in a month and would show something new instead of just... well, you know the drill.

Upvote 0
Great, by the way guys, no one is forcing you to play this, if you find it lame just leave it to the people that are excited ;)

Many of us were expecting a bit more, and were a bit disappointed. Though if you like it then more power to you. If you like ArmA 2 in its current state you'll probably enjoy this a lot. I'll stick with I44 for the time being.

Upvote 0
Hold your horses.

What is this????

germans-attacking-in-wood.jpg

MG42. Holding like that.
And I thought RO2 was arcade :mad:
It's from their promotional screenshot-page on top of that! God....

I seriously get second thoughts about this game now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0