• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

Ugh I don't see this as an argument to buy the game though ... why should I pay money for something that isn't fun out of the box? Shouldn't I be paying modders instead for making the game enjoyable? I guess that's no longer the developer's job? :rolleyes:

You can say that about all games.

Same story with Total War games. In Empire or Shogun2/FoTS AI ain't so good. You can trick enemy easily and with higher difficulty levels AI gets cheat money to buy ridiculously huge armies. Units feels the same and there is no huge difference between them. Everything seems to be balanced to hell.
Solution: mods, where gameplay is way more enjoyable.

Mount and Blade: Warband: stock game is OK, but why would you avoid great mods made for that game, which improve gameplay?

ArmA 2 - I wouldn't touch stock ArmA 2 game anymore. I cannot imagine playing it w/o ACE, ACRE, AI mods and great community.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can say that about all games.

Same story with Total War games. In Empire or Shogun2/FoTS AI ain't so good. You can trick enemy easily and with higher difficulty levels AI gets cheat money to buy ridiculously huge armies. Units feels the same and there is no huge difference between them. Everything seems to be balanced to hell.
Solution: mods, where gameplay is way more enjoyable.

Mount and Blade: Warband: stock game is OK, but why would you avoid great mods made for that game, which improve gameplay?

ArmA 2 - I wouldn't touch stock ArmA 2 game anymore. I cannot imagine playing it w/o ACE, ACRE, AI mods and great community.
Yes but with both of those examples, I had a good time for a while with the content they shipped with before using mods. Total War games, such as Rome, Medieval II, and even Empire/Napoleon were fun right of the gate. Mods just made them that much better. I played the hell out of vanilla Warband before eventually trying mods. And occasionally I still go back to it.

With ARMA2, I bought the game, played it for a few days and realized I didn't buy a game at all. If I were to ever consider ARMA III or the game is thread, I damn well want a solid gameplay experience. I'm sure mods will improve it, but I'm paying the developers -- not the modders -- to make my money worthwhile.

Upvote 0
Stock game - don't touch it.
w/ ACE/ACRE/etc - great tactical MP game

Last time I checked A2 combined ops is perfectly playable in its own right in coop, but then again my standards for "playable" is something you can put together with 3-6 guys total in short notice without spending 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000,000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years configuring mods, updating them and then finding 90% of missions are broken because of an mod update.

Upvote 0
Last time I checked A2 combined ops is perfectly playable in its own right in coop, but then again my standards for "playable" is something you can put together with 3-6 guys total in short notice without spending 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000,000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years configuring mods, updating them and then finding 90% of missions are broken because of an mod update.

Guys from my unit make campaigns (each ~10 missons) for 40+ people w/o problems. Since I joined my unit in 2010 I played like 6 campaigns which are superb compered to public games or others missions.

If you don't want to bother with that, you can always download mission from armaholic, there is many of them.

@hockey I agree on one thing: ArmA 2 stock isn't as interesting as game with community mods.

Upvote 0
Guys from my unit make campaigns (each ~10 missons) for 40+ people w/o problems. Since I joined my unit in 2010 I played like 6 campaigns which are superb compered to public games or others missions.

If you don't want to bother with that, you can always download mission from armaholic, there is many of them.

But that is exactly the point. If (and once again the obvious emphasis on the word "If") you want some kind of massive coop with more emphasis on realism by all means it's fine and dandy to have tons of mods around for obvious reasons, but the problem is people who may not be interested in joining for such units or have extremely erratic schedule which may rule out any kind of long term organised play other than once in a blue moon at best. There's not that much issues just taking stock A2CO, maybe modify config file to tweak AI a bit and voilah, it's playable.

I have no personal qualms playing A2 with mods but I don't have any problems playing it without them either.

Upvote 0
''There will be coop and PVP/TVT(TeamVersusTeam) gamemodes too. You will find the classic CTF(CaptureTheFlag), DM(DeathMatch), TDM(TeamDM), and some new, like "Blitzkrieg" and "Tank Battle"
This is a reply from the IF forums,I never played ARMA 2 multyplayer(don't have the cash:rolleyes:) but DEATMATCH?thas ARMA 2 have deatmach?O well,curious about the new ''Blietzkrieg''

Upvote 0
It seems things are changed and are diferent then Arma 2,IF forum Moderator:
''The penetration system is completely different then in arma. Of course, it's different for side, front, hull, up, turret front, side etc all as in a real tank. There is counting of angle, shell trajectory, distance, type of shell, kinetical power of shell (the stronger is the shell, the more damage it does inside the tank), and critical parts inside the tank, such as engine, ammo, crew members, gun etc. The combat capabilities of the tanks are done according to real statistics and results of testings on fire ranges.''I'm starting to be very excited with this game.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
For sure you need an nasa pc to run this game with decent frames!! If you have to turn the grafics down it looks worser than operation flashpoint from 1999. The guys in those videos already complainted about some performance problems in cities. I think the developers havent learnd anything about the problems of arma2. Also the Multiplayerpart sounds boring, coop missions against some dump ki mates. But lets wait!!

Upvote 0
^^ just what i'm expecting. i can't play arma2 mp with decent fps, and i guess l44 won't run much better. if the multiplayer wouldn't use ai, it might perform well.
i tried the invasion44 mod and was disappointed because most of the scenarios crawl at 20-30fps most of the time, regardless of settings. i tried turning down everything including the resolution (i hate doing that), and it didn't help a bit.
it's just too heavy on the cpu. creating and testing small skirmishes in the editor is a great way to kill some time though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now I understand Yoshiro,you people don't like anyting,just go play COD Modern **** 3,forget about ARMA 2,ARMA 3,RO 2 Classic and other games............
Forget about I just sed......change your ****ing old computer with windows xp.........just to see the real RO2 and other games real textures=))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like what i've seen so far with the weapons and equipment. The recoil on SMG's looks pretty light but it depends how it all comes together with the general gameplay. Main problems I see is the lack of English media..They really limit their potential playerbase with stuff like that.

I haven't seen much to do with gameplay and objectives. I'll keep an eye on it but I doubt i'll purchase it right away without more info and a sense it will be played outside their home country

Upvote 0
Melipone's got a point, while im probably picking this up regardless (no language barrier since im Russian fluent), it would be nice to see this game get more exposure in the West. It seems a lot of good games come out of Russia and Ukraine these days but many of them are only played there :( And lucky for me the whole WWII thing is still a big genre there, while we have moved on to the whole modern warfare/shoot Russians/Arabs thing.

Upvote 0