• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

In the past and on the weekends, you would mostly see 1 or 2 servers populated with about 30 to 40 people.

Just this week, there was one that had 50+ on it. So, I think the influx of people was due to the $9.99 special this week.

If you thought RO2 was bad on player count...

This is one game where the numerous "Game is dead" threads we have might actually be valid.

Upvote 0
Nah it's good, the new DLC will totally bring players back

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Apparently this was suppose to be the game that would make RO2 obsolete and show TWI how to properly treat the community... so much for that.

I remember that. Practically everyone that jumped on the forums pushing for the game disappeared within a few days after the buggy release never to be heard from again.

Upvote 0
Apparently this was suppose to be the game that would make RO2 obsolete and show TWI how to properly treat the community... so much for that.

Considering this is essentially a stand alone expansion for ArmA 2, which is terrible for quick PvP gameplay, I am not sure why anyone thought it would compete with RO2.

I doubt I will ever get it as it has all of the issues ArmA 2 does.

Upvote 0
I don't understand why one would argue that Ironfront would compete with RO2. Even if the game was as solid as ARMA II is at the moment, or even better, Operation Arrowhead, it would still be in a very different genre and in no way even being close to RO. Almost like saying that ARMA III will compete with Battlefield 3. It wont just happen. Anyhow, it is a shame that the game did not become a hit. There was and still is crazy potential.

Upvote 0
I don't understand why one would argue that Ironfront would compete with RO2.

Probably for the same reason why some touted back in 2009 how KF will kill and beat L4D altogether. Then again, arguably one could say RO2 was competition for Black Ops given the epic level of hype featured on PC Gamer cover, but that might be getting too much off the rails for the sake of speculation.

Upvote 0
I just read this on the official forums...

Yet again its a shame that it didn't went that good with it. Arma II is by far my most played game after GTA.I hope that the community will grow and that problems within the game will be ironed out..and that the amount of players will increase at least a bit.

because I really want to like this game, and then, the only reason to why I didnt buy it at release was because I couldn't get a physical copy of it.

Dear Iron Front Fans,

In the last months you

Upvote 0
That's the lure of ArmA; it looks good, it sounds good but it plays really really bad. I had so many reinstalls after watching a Dyslecxi video or a mod release and the subsequent "What am I doing with my life" moment after frustrating play attempts. Iron Front doesn't seem different to me.

Upvote 0
That's the lure of ArmA; it looks good, it sounds good but it plays really really bad. I had so many reinstalls after watching a Dyslecxi video or a mod release and the subsequent "What am I doing with my life" moment after frustrating play attempts. Iron Front doesn't seem different to me.

That reminds me more of RO2. Only difference is that RO2 also looks worse compared to arma. RO2 did not just have bugs, glitches, and performance issues, but fatal flaws in the game itself. Arma looks awesome on my rig; highest settings and 200% 3D resolution. BIS really gave me what I expected. The first 20 hours in RO2 was really ''What have I done with my spare gaming time - and what happend to this game?''. Then Classic somehow made me play it 50 hours more - with huge gaps between.

If Ironfront was Arma II in WW2 then I would buy it - no doubt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone playing this? I must say some of the videos and screenshots I have seen lately make this game look very good. It def has the Arma feel to it when I watch any gameplay vids. I dont own any of the Arma games, so if I did get this it would apparently be the single player stand alone version, but for $25 I am not sure it would be worth it.

Upvote 0
I have it and in my dreams I was playing it with servers filled with other people.

In reality, I couldn't jump through all the hoops necessary to get it to run, and A3 runs like crapola on my rig. I used to run A2 just fine, so I dunno. Finding a solution was turning into a time sink, so I bailed and uninstalled. Unfortunately, it looks like it's pretty much SP as well, since there isn't critical mass to fill servers. If there was evidence to the contrary, I'd give it another go, since it looks awesome.

Upvote 0