• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

x3ckid said:
Just watch the video I posted about the gameplay and everyone would understand how HUGE this game is. When will be released it will be like the Mother of world war 2 games.
Take note that before making use of the game one must be able to play it with some comfort. Right now it's impossible, because of bad optimalization (probably inherited with ARMA's engine), various bugs and errors.

Besides, Red Orchestra offers different gameplay than Iron Front and Bad Company 2. There is no reason for me - for example - to stop playing Red Orchestra 2 just because of Iron Front. Both games offer unique way to play: Iron Front is more realistic, simulator like kind of the game and Red Orchestra 2 is more tactical FPS with some realism put inside. I am sure I'll have fun with both.

Unterscharfuher is right - we can continue this discussion in this thread. Thread merged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I also have IRonfront and can tell you it is no threat to RO2

I grabbed it and had a paddle. But I think I will be playing RO2 over this any day.
Sounds are better in RO2 along with the intensity. Interface in iron front is also clunky.
Tank fire does hardly any damage it seems even at point blank? Turrets seem to move very fast too, just like you were holding a rifle.

The arma2 engine has never been smooth for me. So I will have to play with the settings. But I can tell you that RO2 is 100 times more faithfull to the equipment and weapons in terms of fidelity.

Don't get me wrong. Its a dream come true to have ww2 in the ARMA2 engine.
But they are very different games.

If RO2 had maps the size of ARMA2.......

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But at least it has the dogfights, I know it isnt Sturmovik but you can enjoy a dogfight at least, Red Orchestra would be cool to have dogfights.

I recon that if all companies of world war 2 games would gather to make the ultimate experience in world war 2, it would be something magnificent, but at least we can hope of something like this to happen, companies are to gready to colaborate to make a super game by using theyr technologies and ideeas. So that not in every year same call of duty bullcrap is released. I adress this message to the consumers who play call of duty on this forum: Stop before buying the same game every year with a different polish, look at yourself, do you diserve to be treated this way, don't you diserve more, higher graphical realism, more game mechanics, much more entertaining and also you could play the game so that you won't need a very expensive PC rig to run it? Why not show the producers that you want more, you want something that is immersive and you enjoy playing it. You are the Consumer you diserve more?

What you think guys, this is from my consumer project from school, I translated it from Romanian into english how does it sound?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't tried it yet, but from what I've seen in some videos, the MGs are even more Rambo than in RO2. Really don't like how MGs work in Iron Front. They look just like a big SMG.
Iron Front: Liberation 1944 - Swamp Monster - YouTube

I tried to say that some posts ago about the mgs, but those pushing the game said no. Obviously in my opinion they are and that is what matters to me! I also thought running and sprinting was way tooooo fast.

This is definitely a wait and see. No need to rush forward with a purchase.

Upvote 0
I have bought Iron Front 1944 yesterday as i'm a long time Arma player

Honestly , it's not really a threat to RO2 because the experience is vastly different , Arma is more of a simulation of a large scale battlefield , it's much slower and the emphasis is on strategy , awareness and combined arms tactics

Red Orchestra is closer to a traditional fps with small maps and more quick action , even though it's clearly more realistic than most fps .

Everything looks more polished in RO , gameplay is more fluid , responsive and since the scope of the game is more limited , the basics (netcode , animations , performances , sounds etc ) in RO are much better .

I think only a minority of the RO community will like IF which is a game that will attract a niche of military sim fans (also you need a good computer to run it fine , whereas RO2 is more hardware friendly ) .

In RO , even though teamwork is important , a single human player can still make a difference on a map regardless of his team if he kills a lot or knows the map well , not so much in IF or Arma in general , which is a game that really shines with squad and radio comms as teamwork is absolutely necessary to achieve anything , you can spend hours in a an operation where you did not shoot a single round , and i'm pretty sure many of the RO players would not like this (also when you die , usually you have to wait for all other players to die or complete the mission , except in team domination etc.. but you still need to wait for someone to pick your team up with a heli or transport vehicle )

Also , the emphasis of Arma is not PvP , in fact the Pvp arma players are a minority as since there are so many things happening on the map which your cpu check every second (dozens of cities with every building destroyable plus all the military vehicles in motion or action etc ) , so the netcode is not great , there is some warping and occasional delays that plague long distance shooting

Anyway , i still think Iron Front will shine in a year from now , after several patches and mods will have been released . At the moment the performances are not good , there are some glitches (blue screen when joining a multiplayer game after loading the map ) and overall , even though the models are great , it still feels like a mod that includes a single player campaign rather than a full game

But Arma 2 is still in my opinion by far the best military simulation on the market when it is coupled with the stunning ACE mod , the richness and depth of the game is amazing : windage , artillery , advanceed spotting , engineers , paratroopers ops , most realistic ballistics for modern weapons , tank warfare , night fighting etc ..

So i'm pretty sure that Iron front will become a reference at some point , when the game will be properly polished and enriched , but again i don't think it threatens to take many players out of Red Orchestra as both games have only in common the WWII theme , when i play RO i'm looking for a credible and immediate action on a small scale map or urban environment , precisely what Arma does not do well as the scale of the map and depth of the game is huge

Last edited:
Upvote 0
a year ? lol, the new beta patch fixes most of the multiplayer issues, playing atm without any lag or desync, unfortunately steam players cant use this patch so not many servers running it yet, full patch should be out in a couple of days, warping was also fixed by BIS in the last OA patch

my CPU is 4 years old and performance is playable unless there are lots of explosions at the same time, its not that bad

Last edited:
Upvote 0