• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

well it IS arma 2, but ww2, it has enough content to be considered a full fledged game imo, well worth the money, at least for someone like me that loves arma 2 and WW2 setting, just need to give them some days so they can release dedicated server files, right now its very hard to find a stable server that can hold lots of players without lagging, hopefully we'll start seeing its full potential next week

Upvote 0
There were people asking about performance. Here are my my settings: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Quad Core 3.2 GHZ, 4 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6950 1024MB DRR5 on Windows Vista.

I was able to run multiplayer game (16 players in game) on one of the maps at everything maxed out and 1600 range on 1920x1080 and got FPS at 35 and higher. BUT. Singleplayer plays much less smoother (10-20-30 FPS). Somehow resolution makes no difference in performance for me. With everyting on very low I still can get absurdly low performance in singleplayer somehow, so I'd advise to wait for some clarification (I guess it has something to do with map size and AI).

I even made post on their forum about this:
Some observations from me:

- Resolution seems to have no effect on performance for some reason.
- In singleplayer I can get 10/20/30 FPS while in multiplayer I get 35 FPS and higher values, which is good.
- In singleplayer game works similarly on lowest (everything scaled down) and highest details (everything maxed out, FPS are only slightly worse).

I see many similarities between ARMA 2 v. 1.11 and Iron Fron 1944 v. 1.60. I hope optimization will be priority, but I know developers will have their hands full with many bugs, so it's probably time to arm in patience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uh, so nobody's trying out the SP and the mission editor? How is the tanking, do tanks still "drift" like they do in ArmA?
The tanks feel just a bit more streamlined physics-wise, but the damage model is absolutely brilliant.
I think IF has lots of potential, it just needs some patches like every RV-engine game on release.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It looks great but the engine feels... clunky. It's not as smooth as RO2 apparently now is. (I haven't been able to play the new patch yet. :()

I guess it depends on how many people choose to play both games (and of those, how many choose to only focus on one of them) and how long it takes for RO2's light tanks and half-tracks to be released.

I do love the idea of humans being able to play as infantry, vehicles, tanks and aircraft across one map, though. It's surely a very fun game on a packed server... and at

Upvote 0
Yes but just think when they start modding the game hard, they will release versions for new scopes, rifles many other things. I think it will pose a threat for the future if not now. Because it was released yesterday as a full game.

Maybe one day they'll mod the engine for modern day combat!? :D

I gave it a go earlier today... it poses no risk to RO. Player v Player feels very, very bad. Just like Arma2, as soon as the pace picks up PVP becomes piss poor.

Upvote 0
Mistake number 1

Welcome to Iron Front dear server administrators and multiplayer fans!

First the bad news: Unfortunately we have found a major problem with the dedicated server for the release version of Iron Front in the final test. We are truely very sorry about this!

Luckily there is good news as well: It is possible can use the ironfront.exe from the digitial version to run a dedicated server instance by using the -server parameter on the ironfront.exe for now.
Like BI store, GamersGate should work. Steam may work too.

Thanks to the rapid support by Bohemia Interactive we are also in in the process of testing a new dedicated server version that may be released at the start of the coming week along with a new client hotfix patch to have both work together smoothly.

Finally in terms of the situation of the Linux server: It may still take some time to get it out. We ask you for your understanding.

And from what i'm reading no one can get the "fix" to work either..:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I own Iron Front and RO and currently I'm not very impressed with IF. Might be because it is extremely hardware demaning just like Arma and I am currently stuck with my MacBook, but this weekend I wont touch anything but RO, that much I know. :)

I'll give IF a chance next week though when hopefully my PC is up and running again with all new components. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0