• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

From what I've heard much depends on how well optimized the game is (ARMA in 1.60 version with all add ons runs much better than pure ARMA 1.11 that I have). I saw that the latest version of Iron Front is around 1.60 and hope for the best.

Anyone that is not sure how it will play on their system or if they will like the mechanics in general can try the ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead demo. It runs at about 50fps on my system and looks very good. My system is not very top end, 2.5mhz quad core, NV550ti. The scenario editor works and you can set up a mission with insurgents armed with Brit .303 enfield bolt action rifles.

Upvote 0
Anyone that is not sure how it will play on their system or if they will like the mechanics in general can try the ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead demo. It runs at about 50fps on my system and looks very good. My system is not very top end, 2.5mhz quad core, NV550ti. The scenario editor works and you can set up a mission with insurgents armed with Brit .303 enfield bolt action rifles.

The areas in the Arrowhead typically run well. There is one area with a lot trees and a Mosque that drops my frame rates by half.

There is one area in Takistan (in the town by the norther arifield, not in the demo) that runs like the ArmA 2 European map, which is what Iron Front will more than likely would run like.

Typically I get 27-40 frame rates on this map with my AMD 965 and GTX 560ti 2GB with no other units. Looking through a scope will drop frame rates by another 5-8. If those frame rates are good for you then you should be satisfied.

Upvote 0
Im installing right now, about 10 gbs! Price was 34,99€, thats ok it comes along with a DVD: Tanks: The History of Hitlers War Machines! Gameplay impressions following later!

EDIT: Well it clearly has some potential but forget the singlecampaign and it used to crash somtimes on my high end system even after tuning everything down!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Already? The game has been barely released, I suspect most of them is waiting for their pre-order to arrive/game to download/learns the basics, etc. Give it some time.

well gamersgate unlocked it 10 hours ago plus lots of people got their retail box even before release date so yea, i was expecting there would be more people by now :p

Upvote 0
I got in one game, but all of the players were frozen, so I exited the game. Now when I load any server, I get stuck on "Loading, please wait..." on a light blue screen. I can hear my player move around and duck and go prone, but I can't shoot, or see anything for that matter. I can't even open the menu to exit; I have to end the task.

they didnt release dedicated server files yet due to some issue so all servers running are hosted by players, will be unplayable till then unless you find a really good host

really sucks but wait for dedicated servers, will be worth it :p

http://forum.iron-front.com/showthread.php?35-Iron-Front-dedicated-server-statement

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why all games in these days need to achieve some kind of failure at release...

Here's changelog of today's patch

*New: Added the big historical castle of Baranow, with interior and rich detail, a perfect place for battles.
*New: Reworked the environment objects for the most missions of German campaign.
*New: Around 20 new multiplayer missions added.
*New: Long distance firing sight added to StuG III tank.
*New: Various new animations of infantry introduced.
*New: Added a new module for the aircraft terrain view.
*New: New system of disarming the mines.

*Fixed: Various crashes, especially when buildings were demolished.
*Fixed: Various errors and crashes of the German campaign.
*Fixed: Various errors of the tank system.
*Fixed: Several small technical fixes of the infantry.
*Fixed: Updates and fixes of the Russian campaign.
*Fixed: Corrections of weapons, proved necessary after further tests of the testers.
*Fixed: Fixed the work of anti-tank rocket in the multiplayer.
*Fixed: Various buildings fixes.
*Fixed: Small custcenes errors.
*Fixed: Panzerschreck ballistics.

*Updated: 15 multiplayer missions updated, updated the Blitzkrieg gametype.
*Updated: Small fixes of Baranow and Staszow map.

btw:
i7F6d.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0