• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Infiltration [Unreal Tournament 1999]

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
INFdesktop1_1600_zps0385110b-1_zpsfe401f5d.jpg

I understand there were other threads but those date way back to 2006.
Well I recently dug up my UT99 disc and thought: "Why not?". Just makes me remember how awesome infiltration was so I re downloaded and installed mods. I also found that ENBSeries D3D9 for Deus ex works for Infiltration. To run it you also need these: DLL DLL2 DLL3. ENBSeries allows bump mapping and other graphics improvements in UT99 but needs some tweeking to fit your taste. I might upload my INI files with the mods but I'm still tweaking it.

For those of you who(God forbid) do not know what Infiltration is, Infiltration is a realistic tactical shooter mod for the first Unreal Tournament.

Some of its features include:

• Free Aim(Free aim Iron sights included much like RO2)
  • 3 Stances (Standing, Kneeling, Prone)
  • Weapon Deployment/Bracing (With Included mutator)
  • Magazine Checks (With mutator)
  • Fully customizable player loadout. If you can carry it, you can use it.
  • Customizable weapons: Choose color(if applicable), sights, flashlights, and more.
  • Many Maps to play(50+)
  • Large Weapon/Item Variety. Armor/Kevlar, Smoke/Signal grenades, Claymores and door breaching charges and more.)
  • Gametype Variety: CTF, Assault, Last Man standing, TDM, DM, and more.
  • Co-op: Play through large story driven maps on Custom/Unreal 1 Map packs. Explore and survive harsh alien worlds. Only through smart thinking and proficient team work will you survive.

Omar's Simplified Installation[Recommended]
[Click Spoiler]
Spoiler!

Obsolete - Left for Archiving/Backup:
Spoiler!

Some useful keybinds for mutators:

1. mutate banddobandage -> Bandage wounds
  2. nvision -> Use nightvision scope
  3. mutate mutdodeploy -> Deploy weapon on box or wall
  4. mutate reportcontact -> Say "Contact" with view direction

Co-op Maps:

AttackedCoop
HardCrashSP
NewAlcatraz
SP-ZeroBlack
TheOdyssey
Xidia_Gold
Project Xenome

More TBA

Last edited:
Reactions: illinifan and Dcode
I always wondered how this game compared with Hostile Intent, the Half Life mod. Never played Infiltration (or the RO mod for that matter) because I never had UT. But I did play HI, which was a really great mod as well and tons of fun.

No contest, INF wins.

Infiltration pioneered so many things, i don't even know where to start with it, it was just flat out amazing in it's day, and i'm still angry that INF didn't win the first MSUC.

Upvote 0
Never tried it since i dont own any Unreal game (i borrowed UT2k4 from a friend so i could play RO as a mod though) but ever since reading Dslyecxi's article on Infiltration i was interested to try it out.
I never got around to it though cause i wasnt sure many people were still playing it and i didnt want to buy UT99 for nothing.

However, for those others who might be interested, an excellent write-up by Dslyexci here:
[url]http://dslyecxi.com/botg_infiltration.html[/URL]

Upvote 0
Never tried it since i dont own any Unreal game (i borrowed UT2k4 from a friend so i could play RO as a mod though) but ever since reading Dslyecxi's article on Infiltration i was interested to try it out.
I never got around to it though cause i wasnt sure many people were still playing it and i didnt want to buy UT99 for nothing.

I'd say go for it, UT goes for 9,99 ($/

Upvote 0
and inf could never have won MSUC because they never released anything for ut2k3 or 2k4.

There was an MSUC for UT aswell, the first one actually, and it was won by a rather rubbish mod called "Unreal 4 Ever", which was less a mod, and more.. just random junk thrown togeather.

Actually, just look at it, this is the U4E build that won the MSUC:
YouTube - Unreal4Ever for UT99

This is the old Infiltration 2.87 build, which would have been around the same time (i think it was 2.86 actually, but i can't find a trailer for that):
YouTube - Infiltration Version 287 - Teaser

Even if we ignore the radically different settings, can there be any doubt that INF was a far greater achivement, and displays significantly more talent from it's developers?

And this is what INF looks like today, just in case anyone's wondering:
YouTube - SCAR-L in Infiltration 2.9 CE + ENBSeries

Upvote 0
I wish I had UT to try this out on. Sad thing is no game features many of these things... or at least a lot of them in a single game. Not only that, all of the features where done rather nicely.

Stuff your magazine into a pouch and then pulling another out actually takes some time. Most games (even RO and ArmA) don't account for this. If they do, the actual weapon reloading takes forever (America's Army).

And many other nice features... penetration, free aim that looks rather nice, ect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the only downside of the mod is that the run anims suck balls, but that is partly due to UT's rigid animation system.

While running animations might not be on par with Call of Duty motion captured ones, take a look at 0:33, when guy gets shot while moving, he is influenced by inertia to take another 2 steps and than falls down. I think think something like this can be seen only in few modern shooters.

What everyone needs to start playing is up do date "COMMUNITY EDITION 2011" (which is, sadly, taking looooong time to complete).

Nobody wants to browse and work trough zillions of files and folders so they could get up-to date perfect inf install (just take a look at this guide which is probably not up to date).

There are many new realism-fans who probably dont know that this mod exists, and I guarantee you most would take a ride on the INF-train had a "1-click installation" existed.

Seems like most INF-fans stopped playing hoping that infiltration will be reincarnated on some of the new engines, but fact is, INF is good as it gets, even on old UT99 engine it kicks butt out of the new "realism based" games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the only downside of the mod is that the run anims suck balls, but that is partly due to UT's rigid animation system.

They where actually quite good for their time (i remeber beeing impressed by them, way back when, i've followed INF since it was an Unreal mod, way before UT), and yeah, the UE 1.5 engine predates skeletal animation, so this was all done the old fashioned way, vertex by vertex deformation.

Upvote 0