Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.[/COLOR]
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
[COLOR=darkred]Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Infiltration [Unreal Tournament 1999]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [-project.rattus-] View Post
    the only downside of the mod is that the run anims suck balls, but that is partly due to UT's rigid animation system.
    While running animations might not be on par with Call of Duty motion captured ones, take a look at 0:33, when guy gets shot while moving, he is influenced by inertia to take another 2 steps and than falls down. I think think something like this can be seen only in few modern shooters.

What everyone needs to start playing is up do date "COMMUNITY EDITION 2011" (which is, sadly, taking looooong time to complete).

Nobody wants to browse and work trough zillions of files and folders so they could get up-to date perfect inf install (just take a look at this guide which is probably not up to date).

There are many new realism-fans who probably dont know that this mod exists, and I guarantee you most would take a ride on the INF-train had a "1-click installation" existed.

Seems like most INF-fans stopped playing hoping that infiltration will be reincarnated on some of the new engines, but fact is, INF is good as it gets, even on old UT99 engine it kicks butt out of the new "realism based" games.
    Last edited by Omar The Insurgent; 04-13-2011, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt_Kettch View Post
      This leads to only one conclusion, gift me UT99 on steam!

(Poor Germans aren't allowed to buy it from steam and it wasn't even in the Unreal Anthology box :'( )
      Get it at gog.com.

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 - Nederland

Comment

Updated OP and uploaded my compiled archive of mutators. Some may be in the community edition already. Will upload Unrealgold dependencies and map packs later(Have to dig up my disc)
        Last edited by slavek; 04-13-2011, 04:08 AM.

Greater Good Games
        KillingFloorServer: 204.145.81.18:7707

Comment

Uploading Co-op map packs. Links will be in OP soon. Also would anyone be interested in a Co-op/pvp Server?

Greater Good Games

Comment

Originally posted by [-project.rattus-] View Post
            the only downside of the mod is that the run anims suck balls, but that is partly due to UT's rigid animation system.
            They where actually quite good for their time (i remeber beeing impressed by them, way back when, i've followed INF since it was an Unreal mod, way before UT), and yeah, the UE 1.5 engine predates skeletal animation, so this was all done the old fashioned way, vertex by vertex deformation.

Comment

Yeah! Bless you for this thread

Infiltration is the game that brought me realism like no other. If people are getting back into it, then i'm installing again too!

Comment

if your on steam which unreal is this. Unreal, unreal 2, unreal gold? I've got all of those sitting in my not installed bin of steam games that I got from packs..
                "We must stand up men! Stand up and vow to continue to never play RO:HOS like never before! "
                - HockeyWarrior,
                From the original RO:HOS is dying thread circa 2009.

Comment

The original Unreal Tournament
                  Peace has cost you your strength! Victory has defeated you! - Bane

Comment

I wish they'd make a new INF with UDK and release it as a standalone game.

RedOrchestra.NL: Dutch RO Resource

Comment

Originally posted by Nimsky View Post
                      I wish they'd make a new INF with UDK and release it as a standalone game.
                      Sadly that won't happen, the team split up years ago, right after the release of v2.9, and all the latest stuff to be released for INF is community made, not actually by the Sentry-Studios team (though a couple of it's members, like Beppo, are still around, and he's made a fair few of the mutators in use now, but it's still technically "unofficial" stuff, the mod itself won't be seeing any new versions).

It's a damned shame, but from what i've heard, i can understand why they chose to part ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Grobut View Post
                        Sadly that won't happen, the team split up years ago, right after the release of v2.9, and all the latest stuff to be released for INF is community made, not actually by the Sentry-Studios team (though a couple of it's members, like Beppo, are still around, and he's made a fair few of the mutators in use now, but it's still technically "unofficial" stuff, the mod itself won't be seeing any new versions).

It's a damned shame, but from what i've heard, i can understand why they chose to part ways.
                        RO2 mod anyone? Many of the mechanics would already be ingame including the Iron sight free aim. What would that leave? Weapons, Player models, Inf Loadout/attatchment system, and gametypes. I'm not saying it would be easy but not out of reach either, RO2 would provide a good frame to build from.

Edit: Sorry for late map downloads, was unable to load TWI forums last night and all day today. Adding more maps when I can.
                        Last edited by slavek; 04-16-2011, 02:20 AM.

Greater Good Games

Comment

Originally posted by slavek View Post
                          RO2 mod anyone? Many of the mechanics would already be ingame including the Iron sight free aim. What would that leave? Weapons, Player models, Inf Loadout/attatchment system, and gametypes. I'm not saying it would be easy but not out of reach either, RO2 would provide a good frame to build from.

Edit: Sorry for late map downloads, was unable to load TWI forums last night and all day today. Adding more maps when I can.
                          It would, RO2 has a lot of the stuff needed allready, the hardest part would be the attachment system, which is probably the most complicated part of INF as it is.

Problem is, though, even mods are interlectual propperty, and you can't just assemble a new team to continue work on it, it would basically be theft.

The only way this could happen, is if we could get a guy like Beppo interested in making it, and assembling a new team to do so (if he can, he was not Project-lead, Warren was), then it could definately become a reality.
                          Beppo was the lead-coder, he probably made more than half the stuff that made INF what it was, and he's one of the few Sentry guys who never really stopped working on INF, and he has helped the RO modding scene on several occations aswell, so i'd say he's the go-to guy.

Otherwise, someone would have to make a knock-off mod, or "the spiritual successor to INF" if you will under a new name, but that woulden't really be the same..

Comment

This is an attempt to simplify installation of Infiltration mod so even average folks can try it easily in its all glory.

While you are downloading watch a video about some realism features Infiltration has to offer:

YouTube - Infiltration mod (Unreal Tournament 1999) features

Infiltration easy install guide with up-to-date files, graphic improvements and working server browser(updated 2-May-2011):

Whats updated in this version?
                            - added second features video (interlinked with first video above)
                            - changed line under IV. Additional info step 3. which talks about fixed server browser (thanks to soultaker007) - just redownload my INF compilation
                            - added additional steps under IV. Additional info about claymores, door charges and parachute grenade ammo
                            - added info on how to bind custom-features like weapon deploy, nightvision, etc. (located under II. Configuring)

I. Downloading & Installing (95% of the process)
                            Note: All installing files are to be directed to Unreal Tournament folder (for example C:\Unreal Tournament)
                            Note 2: This is a complete guide so you don't need anything else outside the guide.

1. Install UT99 but DONT patch it
                            2. Download and install 2.9 Community Edition full (mirror by soultaker007)(1.2gb) - when asked apply UT99 patch from there, skip OpenAL installation, use "Complete install" option
                            3. Download and install Psytex 1.2 Full (mirror by soultaker007) (133mb) - overwrite files when asked during installation
                            4. Download my INF compilation (link by soultaker007) (30mb) and extract it to UT99 folder (overwrite all when asked)
                            5. Download and install OpenAL installer (mirror by soultaker007) (0,5mb)
                            Thats it. Most people can go and play right away but those who want to improve gaming experience keep reading.

II. Configuring
                            1. Decide to use Bloom or no Bloom effect: Go to UT99 folder and run Bloom_ON.bat to have bloom turned on, and Bloom_OFF.bat to disable bloom. This needs to be done only once but you can alternate between the two.
                            2. Setting keys for server-based custom features
                            Open console and type in:
                            ...1. "set input x mutate banddobandage" - Bandage wounds
                            ...2. "set input x nvision" - Use nightvision scope(requires night vision in inventory)
                            ...3. "set input x mutate mutdodeploy" - While in iron sight mode deploy weapon on box or wall
                            ...4. "set input x mutate reportcontact" - Say "Contact" with view direction

where x is any key you want to use. Type in without "".

Note: These binds are usable on most servers but not all servers have all functions.
                            Note 2: You have to type in these commands only once except if you want to change the key.

III. Running Infiltration
                            There are 2 ways:
                            1. Infiltration_Fast_CPU.bat in the UT99 folder - this one should help if your game runs too fast
                            OR
                            2. Start Menu - Programs - SentryStudios - Infiltration - Play Infiltration -no quick menu This is just link to normal Infiltration.exe. DO NOT run "Play Infiltration" icon from desktop as there is a chance you can mess up pre-configured ini files.
                            Note: When running for the first time you can configure everything ingame except the renderer device in video options, it is already preconfigured to use DX9

IV. Additional info
                            1. This has been tested only on Windows XP SP3 so far, but there is no reason that it should not work on Vista or Seven.
                            2. Loadouts provided are updated default ones. However, infiltration has MUCH more weapons, gadgets and attachments that you need to add to your loadouts manually.
                            3. Ingame there is working server browser but 2 servers that are not picked up by it are available in the favorites. To browse for servers go to The Network - Server Browser - Infiltration all (you might have to wait a couple of seconds on refreshing the servers).
                            4. Since this package is using custom graphics improvement, ALT+TAB can lead to crashes. To prevent this, simply press ALT+Enter to go into window mode and than you can ALT+TAB safely.
                            5. Features like back-up iron sights on scopes or deployable bipods(m60) are activated mostly by holding RMB and pressing Activate attachment key.
                            6. In Loadout menu there are things like claymore mines and door charges which can be picked up/activated using tapping or holding Use key - to set a tripwire you have to use knife on the claymore(not sure anymore)
                            7. You may come across special ammo used for grenade launchers(parachute nades, etc.) but they are disabled on servers since they are too buggy.
                            Last edited by Omar The Insurgent; 05-03-2011, 04:23 AM.

Comment

in many ways I think that ACE is probably the spiritual successor to inf. Atleast thats from never playing inf and watching all of these videos.
                              "We must stand up men! Stand up and vow to continue to never play RO:HOS like never before! "
                              - HockeyWarrior,
                              From the original RO:HOS is dying thread circa 2009.

Comment

Added your install guide to OP Omar. Very useful.

Greater Good Games

Comment

Working...
                                X