• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

Nice. I'm downloading it at the moment and I'm eager to try clasic mode. I couldn't try it in the beta because my internet is too slow for those 3Gb patches every few days

Played it some more. I still find the movement to be a bit odd/delayed and I think the suppression is a bit over done still but otherwise the game is rather solid. Classic is how RO2 should have been at release.

I see myself playing it more, especially on the new map.

At the moment I am downloading the Mech Warrior Online beta. I'll see how it is later. Only MW game I played was the Crysis 1 mod.

Upvote 0
Alan Wake. Rather good game, nice story and great graphics though it slows down my PC a lot. Quick load times and almost no bugs.

I just wish there were some moments we could walk around freely in the town as they did a nice job with the artwork.

I'm going to try turning AA down to 2x and turn up FXAA to see if that makes it run better.

Upvote 0
Been playing a ton of HoS and nothing but. I really can't explain it, but I do better with the K98k than pretty much every other gun except SVT-40, even though it's a bolt gun.

Also just got FEAR 3 on discount, but I'm having a weird bug: it started normally the first time I played, but every subsequent time it shows the splash screen and then crashes. Oh well. Maybe it'd be a fun game if I could find a solution somewhere.

Upvote 0
Krater
Crusader Kings II
Diablo 3

Crusader Kings 2 makes my brain melt. It's not that it's horrifically complex, it's just that there's no easing you into it. Unless you pick a minor noble to play, starting your first game as a King throws you into the middle of a TON of ****.
The worst part of being a king is when you die and your heir sits on the throne. The entire realm rebels against you :D. I really like the game though.

Upvote 0
Well, FEAR 3 decided to work for no apparent reason (didn't even restart) and I kind of wish it hadn't. FEAR 2 consolized it but was still playable, this one kills it and rapes the body. Let's see:

-2004 graphics
-Cover based
-Zombie AI
-Press A to win on hardest difficulty
-12-year-old fanfic grade writing
-No consistency in technology with the first two games
-Paxton Fettel is now a tutorial narrator
-Contradicts stuff that happened in the FEAR expansions
-Annoying graphic pops up on the bottom of the screen every time you do anything; I guess killing enemies with any gun or using slo-mo qualify as great achievements for the console player

I'll have to pour one out for FEAR 1, one of the greatest shooters of the 2000s. Murdered by incompetent devs. :(

Upvote 0