• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

Crushed AssBro in a fit of sheer willpower. I must have suffered some kind of mental trauma, because I decided to go immediately into AssRev. (Perhaps I was filled with copious amounts of WTF from AssBro's ending.)

Turns out, I'm enjoying AssRev more than I thought I would. It's probably just the change in aesthetic and in time I'll get ground down just like AssBro, but for the moment I'm pleasantly surprised.

Also picked up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, because I'm a huge fan of Castlevania. Aaaannnnddd it's pretty disappointing on a lot of levels. What used to be a game about exploring a gothic castle and beating the crap out of monsters has turned into a linear movie experience with zero exploration, zero collection or itemization, fistfuls of Quick Time Events and some weakass skill purchasing, all of which is unnecessary and uninteresting because combat is both easy and, so far, very sporadic. I could forgive a lot, but there is so much this game is doing that's pissing me off. Starting from the fixed perspective camera, to the fact you have to play 6 hours to even SEE the ****ing castle.....I'm regretting buying this game in a bad way. It's not a TERRIBLE game, but considering the legacy it comes from their "re-imagining" of Castlevania comes across as a developer who decided to abandon most of what made Castlevania, Castlevania, in favor of showing the player a movie and trying their hardest to compete with Devil May Cry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Crushed AssBro in a fit of sheer willpower. I must have suffered some kind of mental trauma, because I decided to go immediately into AssRev. (Perhaps I was filled with copious amounts of WTF from AssBro's ending.)

Turns out, I'm enjoying AssRev more than I thought I would. It's probably just the change in aesthetic and in time I'll get ground down just like AssBro, but for the moment I'm pleasantly surprised.

I had no idea what the hell you were talking about ...until I realized it was assassin's creed :D

At the moment, despite having several games installed, I'm playing mostly GW2, DS and Arma3

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had no idea what the hell you were talking about ...until I realized it was assassin's creed :D

At the moment, despite having several games installed, I'm playing mostly GW2, DS and Arma3

>GW2

How dare you bring that back up. It still hurts damnit.

All that lore, that soundtrack, all that hype. Just memories now.

Here's hoping Black Desert Online doesn't hurt me.

Upvote 0
My issue with Far Cry 2. I tried to finish it 3 different times (several months between), but at the end realized I just wasn't enjoying it

I have the same problem with the Batman games, I pirated Arkham asylum once (I know I should be in jail but I left that life behind) and I didn't really enjoy myself and stopped playing after a few hours until Arkham Asylum and City were both in a humble bundle and I figured I might as well give it another shot. I really tried to enjoy myself, I figured I needed some time to get in the game but after hours of playing I gave up. I had the same problem with Borderlands 1 and 2, got both to know what the story was about but it was too repetitive after a while and I never finished the first one.

I did like Far Cry 2 though.

Also to keep on topic: These days I'm not playing anything, my pc is still broken.

Upvote 0
You are weird Crusher, Far Cry 2 is a horrible game and the Arkham games are great :eek:

Far Cry 2 was a whole lot better than Batman Arkham Asylum. The shooting mechanics were great, and everything having a smooth animation was nice as well. Very intuitive controls to. The fire was fun to. :D

Arkham Asylum had an abysmal story. Far Cry 2's started off nice, and dropped off until the last minute of the game. But still, it was more moving than what Batman produced. And Batman's mechanics were really nothing special. Not many fighting options. It wasn't a terrible game and I finished it, but I found it to be rather over rated. If I had a chance to play the next two games I would.

I really wish the games followed the more realistic Dark Knight style rather than a cartoonish style though.

Upvote 0
Played a metric ****ton of Dynasty Warriors 8 over the last couple weekends. I know, I know. it's about as mind numbing as a video game can get, but I guess that's why I still enjoy it. Plus, I love the over-the-top characters combined with cock-rocking guitar riffs.

Got back into AC: Revelations. I think there's a decent chance I might actually finish it this year.

Upvote 0