• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

Hitman Absolution. Slow reacting controls, dull story, broken disguise system and stealth elements that hardly work makes the game turn into you going into gun battles with 30-40 thugs & cops which seem to work on the same side. You'd think the cops would do something about a bunch of random people pulling out firearms and blasting away in crowds, but they only focus on you. And apparently, if a street vendor-cook (whatever they are called) figures out you are not a real cook, it will automatically alert all the cops and thugs in the vicinity. "He doesn't look like a real cook. Well, as a police officer, we must assault with with guns drawn!" :p

Overall I did not like the game.

Finished some Sleeping Dogs DLC.

Maybe because it's not Source engine? :p

It uses the engine GRAW1/2 PC did. The Payday dev Steam is largely formed from the GRAW 1/2 dev team and GRIN. I wonder why people think Payday 1/2 use Source as it looks nothing like it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well... might as well finally try BF3. Whats the deal with dlc's btw? Dont plan on buying any of those but will I get to play on any servers or...?
bf4 will come out in a few months and you won't be able to join server with DLC maps/you'll get kicked when they come in rotation. It still might be worth 5€ esp. if you like the other games (dead space 3 (1 is good if you are in the setting) and MoH are terrible imo - don't really played the rest so it really depends)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DayZ Mod & SA.
That is not why I'm here tho...humblebumble...

You playing DayZ in a unit or as a lone-wolf? I am asking because I have a couple of guys that I know from RO 1/RO 2 to set up a DayZ SA group with. No real unit but just a bunch of guys working together, not shooting each other and others necessarily.

Upvote 0
You playing DayZ in a unit or as a lone-wolf? I am asking because I have a couple of guys that I know from RO 1/RO 2 to set up a DayZ SA group with. No real unit but just a bunch of guys working together, not shooting each other and others necessarily.

A bit of both really but in the current and future Mod builds it is wiser to group up due to infection from viral Z's, among other things.
One thing I can say about the SA is that a change of playing habits, or play style will be needed. No more gearing up and heading to the hills.

There is a DayZ Topic here, I should keep it updated really.
(Will try to do better in future).

The bundle looks pretty good to me, it's even got Sims in :eek:.

Upvote 0
My issue with Far Cry 2. I tried to finish it 3 different times (several months between), but at the end realized I just wasn't enjoying it

It's not that I'm not enjoying AssBro. It's just that it's so much like AC2 that you feel fatigued getting back into it because you know the game like the back of your hand, and there's just so much repetitious stuff you do.

What I'm not looking forward to is Revelations, because apparently it's extremely like AssBro. And I'm not sure I can play three games worth of basically the same thing. Steam says I've put 30 hours into AssBro, so between it and AC2 and Revelations....that's like a 100 hour game.

Upvote 0