• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Word of Tanks

Yeah, free to play and download. If you've got the beta installed you should only need an update via the client to play.

And yeah premium account/ammo/tanks/consumables & exp conversion plus some other minor stuff are the things you get with purchasable gold.

Gotcha, makes sense, and this is what I thought was the case, but I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks.

So yea, I'll be on, add me whenever you like. I play at least a few games a day, sometimes for hours on end. :D

Upvote 0
Did it keep anything from the Beta? or do you start from scratch all over again??
Start over.

This may suck for some, but I like starting over. It's fun to drive and fight in those puny little tankettes. I don't even like calling them tanks.

A nice setup, the MS-1 with a 45mm gun.:D Thing looks really strange, such a small vehicle with a 45mm gun, good for sniping though.

Upvote 0
tried this game to tide me over until ro2 comes out. well, the tank combat is really superficial, unfortunately. and apparently the cannon range is always automatically adjusted so you don't have to do it manually. a bit of a point and click affair.

the vehicle selection is ridiculous. i see tanks that only came out after ww2. sigh...

germans, americans, soviets....on the same team. fighting another team of...you guessed it.

camouflage net has no visual effect on the tank. lame.

the game has potential, i especially like the strategy game-esque hiding system. the detail and authentic parts are nice.

aside from that, the game is pretty awful and repetitive tank-quake. and after i saw that you needed to buy all the crappy tanks and research them before you can get the t34, i gave up.

also, a lot of the open hull vehicles like the self propelled guns have no crew operating it.

Upvote 0
Its not as bad as it used to be. They've toned down how quick arty can aim accurately, so unless you like sitting about in the open you're usually okay. You still need to be aware of it though and knowing the 'blind spots' of maps and how to avoid being an prime arty target is still helpful.

Saying that though at times its still a complete pain in the *** in low tier battles. They have a higher rof & faster aim time than the higher tiers so they tend to be a lot more spammy with the stuff rather than waiting for a good shot to get a direct hit to deal with a high priority target. So even if they don't directly do massive damage to you and only take out your tracks, their higher rof combined with the fact you probably have crap crew in your low tier tank when starting off means they can get a handful of shots at you before you can repair.

I think (may be wrong) but going along with the tone down they gave HE across all tanks it has made low tier arty way less effective against higher tiered heavily armoured tank. Aside from getting a lucky hit on the ammo rack you're not going to see a Bison take out a Tiger in any rush.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pvt.pile
Upvote 0
As long as arty can still see damage you do to the terrain when out of their line of site (like knocking trees over etc) and as long as you still stay visible to them for 10 seconds or so after their team loses line of site on you, they will continue to be bull****. I don't care how long it takes them to fire.

Anyway I'm uninstalling this, I was going to keep playing with low tiers but it really is just too bland with only the one game type.

Reactions: Chadwiick
Upvote 0
As long as arty can still see damage you do to the terrain when out of their line of site (like knocking trees over etc) and as long as you still stay visible to them for 10 seconds or so after their team loses line of site on you, they will continue to be bull****. I don't care how long it takes them to fire.

Anyway I'm uninstalling this, I was going to keep playing with low tiers but it really is just too bland with only the one game type.
I know what you mean, I believe the one game type is the reason for such a grind, look at CoD, it didn't feel like a grind, but then again 2,000 things to upgrade/unlock + not much exp required.
They need to add a special research section, instead of using exp to research a new gun or turret, how about using it to upgrade that gun further or turret further (more damage, but nothing insane for example) then the more research you put into your tank the less grind it will be for the next tank. + more game modes = a nice fun game to go play in.

Upvote 0
I've played since the closed beta where I had T-54, Panther 2 and JagdTiger as my "best" tanks. Now after the release and Hard-wipe I've gotten as far as having Panther 1 fully upgraded (need ~160k xp for Panther2 though), T-43 (20k xp away from T-44) and Ferdinand (50k xp short of the 128mm gun). I have played around 1500 battles after the release (compared to some 2500 battles in beta) and I still haven't lost interest in the game as it just is so great fun when playing in a platoon with couple of friends and having a great 3 tank task force wrecking havoc across the map :)

PS. I play in Euro-server :)

Upvote 0