• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Word of Tanks

Current plan is a few extra premium tanks (Lowe) and a few more normal tanks that will join together some tech trees (cant remeber exactly but was a KV model & a light Pz) on release/next major patch.

Then shortly after that US Tank destroyer tree.

Then a while after that parts of the French tree & the german E series and waaaaaay after that, no chance of being 2011, the Brits.

Upvote 0
Current plan is a few extra premium tanks (Lowe) and a few more normal tanks that will join together some tech trees (cant remeber exactly but was a KV model & a light Pz) on release/next major patch.

Then shortly after that US Tank destroyer tree.

Then a while after that parts of the French tree & the german E series and waaaaaay after that, no chance of being 2011, the Brits.

Hmm... doesn't sound half bad. Bring on the E-100.

Upvote 0
Notice those "" and a lot of tanks in that game didn't see any freaking action during WW2 so it makes no freaking sense they are put against a panzer 3 or whatever. Besides there is a huge difference between German tanks being built around 40-44 and allied tanks that were built in effing 47 the difference in technology and quality is mind blowing.

Cmon it is not brain surgery, Russian developers = overpowered Russian tanks for the same reason why most American war movies are always hilariously retarded.
The game was never meant to be solely 'tanks that saw service in WW2', it's always been tanks from the WW2 period and afterwards. People keep whining about the T54 as if it's an 80's era MBT, it's not.

I also completely disagree with the 'Russians are OP' angle the whiners on the WoT forum keep pushing, it's nothing but people whining because the German tanks aren't the indestructable tanks they want them to be. I can think of several areas where German tanks are better (for example the T34, T34-85 and T43 are worse than their German counterparts).

Panzer III's and low tier tanks facing off against T54's etc is the fault of the balancing system that makes the matches up. You talk as if it's a unique problem to German tanks, it isn't, low tier tanks from all sides will get put in matches where they are bottom rung. Here I will agree though, it's completely fubar and it has been for a long time. This coupled with the horrendous spotting system is why I won't ever pay money for the game :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yep. This game is fun to play when the spotting system isn't BSing you, and incredibly frustrating when it is.
You know what annoys me the most, the way things still disappear at short range. Like say you're fighting a heavy around a corner from 20m in a city map. Every time he reverses around a corner he disappears, and then when he pops back out to have a shot at you the spotting system lags behind and doesn't draw him.

So you end up sitting there watching the corner waiting for him to pop out only to see a projectile fly from thin air and strike you and then see the tank appear as he's reversing away again.

When that happens I rage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As much fun as this game is, I still hate the fact that we have to buy a Premium Account just to create a platoon (up to 3 players, including you; only one of the 3 players need it) to play with friends.

I get annoyed everytime people say how cheap $10 a month for WoT is vs $15 a month for WoW. For starters WoW vanilla day one release, has more content than WoT will ever have in its entire lifetime. Not to mention its an actual MMO with a persistent world. They also seem to forget that purchasing multiple months is cheaper as well as buying game cards on eBay or Retail with sales.

I really wish F2P games adopted League of Legends product plan. Practically everything is free, except for skins and things that make grinding less time consuming.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As much fun as this game is, I still hate the fact that we have to buy a Premium Account just to create a platoon (up to 3 players, including you; only one of the 3 players need it) to play with friends.

I get annoyed everytime people say how cheap $10 a month for WoT is vs $15 a month for WoW. For starters WoW vanilla day one release, has more content than WoT will ever have in its entire lifetime. Not to mention its an actual MMO with a persistent world. They also seem to forget that purchasing multiple months is cheaper as well as buying game cards on eBay or Retail with sales.

I really wish F2P games adopted League of Legends product plan. Practically everything is free, except for skins and things that make grinding less time consuming.
What's worse as well is that even if you do bite the proverbial bullet and pay for premium you only get a pitiful 50% increase in xp earned per battle, so the game is still a horrendous grind.

On top of this you still need to purchase additional gold to do things like convert xp on premium tanks to free xp to use anywhere.

Once you factor in those overheads it is going to cost you a lot more than the base $10 a month for 2500 gold, it's just ridiculous and I can't believe anyone is going to pay for the game in its current state.

Upvote 0
:IS2::IS2::IS2:

Son, I am proud!
Try playing some of the German tanks (if you haven't already), a lot of Soviet tanks are OP at this time. German tanks just need a little TLC. They are "snipers" yet they aren't given many options for the small maps, the Soviets normally dominate, but it takes a smart and patient German tanker to get the distance needed to kill 'em... plus you have to hope you will penetrate them. I found many of my shots just bounce right of dozens of Soviet tanks, then oh well because I am kewl like this I'm just going to one-shot you.
PS. I went all the way up to the KV-2 "dreadnaught"... it was a blast, then... the easymode just got too boring, one-shottin' everyone gets dull, not much thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The KV-2 is win and so much fun, in its tier battles it is way too easy to get a bundle of kills without trying. I most of the time platoon it with my friend who plays his IS7 so I end up as the bottom tank in tier 7-10 battles. Even then I still almost always get one or two kills with it, all you do is follow the big bad high tier heavies and throw 152mm punches over their shoulders at the enemy.

With release coming up I have just been pumping my gold into premium rounds for it, now that provides some epic lolz :D

Upvote 0
With release coming up I have just been pumping my gold into premium rounds for it, now that provides some epic lolz :D

I have been doing that as well mate.But i stopped at my IS3 and then thought i can't grind up to the IS4 before the hard wipe so i dropped back down to my AT-1.I sold all my bigger tanks and just play with the super sniper that the AT-1 is.I love it.I have got top gun about 7 times in this beast and have got 9 kills at least 6 times with it.
I found the top tier battles to be to ****.I much prefer the lower tier ones.

Upvote 0
Is anyone getting the game today, it is being released today. So anyone buying a premium account of any sort?

I got into this game late, only about a month ago, but I worked my way up to BT2, BT7 and loving the game. I need to add some people that like team work, with team work on your side, you win every time.

Right before each game start, when you're in game and counter is counting down, I always broadcast the same message to my team.

"Someone come with me right flank( or left flank, or s specific area), a few of us can secure it, need 4-5 people." This seems to work, I end having 2-3 people follow me, sometimes more, and usually we do secure the area, and manage to hold of an enemy advance this way.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I will probably be playing today (or tomorrow if the maintenance takes the full time), not played much recently as I've been looking forward to a fresh start.

Saying that decided to have a few games last night to take my Obj704 up to the same amount of battles played as my Panther. Got a nice little reward after the final battle, got back to the garage to see the pop up that I got the 'Master Tanker' medal for destroying at least one of every type of tank in the game.

Thought it was a fitting, if completely random and unplanned, little bonus for my last beta fight.

Upvote 0