• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Word of Tanks

Be glad you're even in the beta. I'm not. And I want to be.

I got my beta key from this site, thanks to Pvt.Pile.

[url]http://www.curse.com/keys/[/URL]

Try there :) The game is fun, most of the time is random and unorganized fun, and sometimes (the few) you may find yourself in an actually "organized" battle xD

Upvote 0
Yeah seriously, I got my key from about 5 minutes of googling, there's a few sites out there with thousands of beta keys.

I just got a rammer for my T34-85 (with 100mm D10T) and the crew is nearly at 110%, it's a very good balance of firepower and speed. Only going to get better once I get into the T43 and T44!

Apparently there's a soft wipe coming up for the open beta which means you'll lose all your tanks and crew but keep all your credits, gold and exp (converted to free exp) that you have earned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Got my DB (tank before Panther) and its great, fast, manoeuvrable and with enough frontal armour to ding most shots at it if you get stuck in a situation were you have to slow down. It can just demolish teams as long as you don't get surrounded.

Also got the KV-1S skipping all the previous tanks with free exp and wow its rubbish right now, slow, poor armour and crappy guns until you get the last two researched, barely managing one or two damages let alone a proper kill in matches. Oh well its the fastest route to the IS.

Upvote 0
I've been having the devil's own time getting this to install. My laptop took about 7 attempts. I'd run the launcher, and it would update the client, but it'd get stuck with 7 seconds remaining, every time. I let it run overnight, and it was stuck at 7 seconds remaining when I got up this morning.

Finally, I went and turned on the desktop machine. (I try not to use it too much ... the light bill was $400 last month. The laptop has a 65W PSU, the desktop has a 750) Turned it on, dragged the installer over the network from the laptop to the desktop, while the launcher was trying to update on the laptop ... and when I came back out to check on the laptop, voila - it appears to have finally installed correctly. But, what the hell, I've got the big machine up and running now, so I guess I'll install it here, too, see how it plays on the big monitor.

Upvote 0
Okay, so I've played through a few battles now. I even survived one of them ...

Got a couple questions.

1. Can I use experience / credits earned with any tank to upgrade any tech tree? For example, the FT-17 (oops ... MS-1) SUCKS. Can I use the Stuart or the LOLtractor to gain points, then apply those to the Soviet tech tree?

2. Research. Does it go off experience or credits? For example, when I look at the research tree, it now says that I have enough credits for a T-26 ... but I can neither buy nor research it.

Upvote 0
Okay, so I've played through a few battles now. I even survived one of them ...

Got a couple questions.

1. Can I use experience / credits earned with any tank to upgrade any tech tree? For example, the FT-17 (oops ... MS-1) SUCKS. Can I use the Stuart or the LOLtractor to gain points, then apply those to the Soviet tech tree?

2. Research. Does it go off experience or credits? For example, when I look at the research tree, it now says that I have enough credits for a T-26 ... but I can neither buy nor research it.

Credits are universal and can be used to buy anything as long as you've researched it. Exp though is for the tank that you received it in, you also receive free exp that is universal (roughly 10% of what you gain in normal experience).

Once a tank has had everything in its tech tree researched you can then either enable crew acceleration (no exp but they skill up quicker) or not enable it and use gold to transfer exp gained in battle to free exp. The stuart has nothing to research (being a premium tank), so you should be able to transfer exp anyway, but for the traktor you need to have researched everything in its own tree first.

In order to unlock the T-26 you need to have researched the gun and turret preceding it in the MS-1 tech tree, then research the T-26 itself all using either free exp or experience gained from the MS-1 and finally you should then be able to buy the T-26 for credits in the depot.

Ive got a feeling that I've just made this all sound more complicated than it really is...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
. Can I use experience / credits earned with any tank to upgrade any tech tree? For example, the FT-17 (oops ... MS-1) SUCKS. Can I use the Stuart or the LOLtractor to gain points, then apply those to the Soviet tech tree?
You can only use the EXP you gained with a certain tank on that tank you cannot use it research other tanks or equipment but you can use your FREE EXP (exp in gold font) on any tank.

Only until youve researched everything for your main tank can you then transfer EXP over to other tanks.

You need to research all of the tanks equipment and this can take a while and then you can research the new tank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think my post makes much sense either. It should only be a few days now before we get the new patch mahn :).

No, actually you both make sense.

I may not like it ... means I gotta keep getting killed with the damn MS-1 for a while longer - but, it does make sense.

So. Off to die some more, I suppose.

If you happen to run into me there, my name in WOT is Kildar.

Upvote 0
No, actually you both make sense.

I may not like it ... means I gotta keep getting killed with the damn MS-1 for a while longer - but, it does make sense.

So. Off to die some more, I suppose.

If you happen to run into me there, my name in WOT is Kildar.

I give you a tip.
Avoid the T3 and T4 tanks, just skip them.
Stay in your BT2/AT1 until you have enough XP to buy yourself up to the T5 tanks.

Upvote 0
So is it worth downloading the beta?

Everyone here is talking about about grinding for XP... how is the gameplay itself?

I'm finding it to be quite a lot of fun, now that I'm not stuck with the $%^@#%^@#@#%^@#%^#@$^@#$%!# MS-1.

I'm well on my way to communion with the holy IS-2.

In short, yeah, it's worth the download. It plays quite well on my laptop, too, surprisingly, and on high settings at 1600x900. When unplugged I have to switch down to medium settings, though - the card's a discrete ATI 5650 1GB, and when unplugged it switches to, I think, either a power saving mode or a completely separate integrated GPU. Not sure which.

Anyway, yeah, I'm having an absolute f*****g blast with this game so far.

Upvote 0
So, now what do I do? Convert my XP to free XP, and use that to buy the upgrades for the T-28, etc.?

Yes.
The T46 is a joke, 20mm armour and a 45mm gun against IS2's.
The T28 as well, 30mm armour against IS2's. At last it has a 85mm gun which makes it playable, but still not worth it imo.

The first really playable tank is the KV, incredibly crap when you get it, it can own smaller tanks quite well. It kind of grows out of it's crapness.

Best option is to go the T26 and one additional route routes, that way you have 2 tanks and can quit a battle as soon as you are killed and can farm as much xp as possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes.
The T46 is a joke, 20mm armour and a 45mm gun against IS2's.
The T28 as well, 30mm armour against IS2's. At last it has a 85mm gun which makes it playable, but still not worth it imo.

The first really playable tank is the KV, incredibly crap when you get it, it can own smaller tanks quite well. It kind of grows out of it's crapness.

Best option is to go the T26 and one additional route routes, that way you have 2 tanks and can quit a battle as soon as you are killed and can farm as much xp as possible.

I thought you had to stay in-game until the end to get the points? I didn't know you could get the points if you quit when you died ...

Upvote 0