• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Word of Tanks

Finally got that 88 for my Vk3001
wot2010-09-2921-53-13-31.jpg

Upvote 0
Artillery really pisses me off as well. I was moving at 35 km/h once and I was still taken out by artillery. Another time I was taking cover behind a building and the artillery sloped right over it and killed me. Artillery is mostly the cause of my deaths or damage. It would be nice to engage in tank to tank combat without worrying about laser guided artillery.

Upvote 0
Artillery is mostly the cause of my deaths or damage. It would be nice to engage in tank to tank combat without worrying about laser guided artillery.

Exactly! Its not getting killed that's the problem its getting artyed before you even begin a proper engagement with an enemy tank. I don't even mind getting taken out smaller tanks because its good that they can still own a super heavy if they work together or are smart.

Ive been taken out more times by laser guided arty moving and stationery than I have by direct engagements with enemy tanks.

Upvote 0
Nice Pile, you've got the IS3.

Logged in the other day to find out they give you your 150gold/day even if you don't log in so I spent a few thousand of the stuff to give me enough credits to upgrade to the IS3 as well.

Its a beast, didnt realise how much better it would be than the IS. With the IS most mid tiers could damage you with AP but this thing bounces shots like crazy only tier 8s+ have a decent chance of doing damage. Of course this doesn't stop you being pounded on by HE shells if you get focused on.

One thing I found odd was that its about one third cheaper to repair than my Panther :confused: so as long as you get one or two shots off that hit enemy tanks you'll always make (a slight) profit. Unless you get 1 shotted by arty at the beginning of the round your almost guaranteed to do this, compared to the Panther were you're a fair bit more fragile and have to completely take out one or two decent targets to make profit.

Also the fire lag between hitting mouse button and the game firing has gotten a lot worse for me, auto aim is 90% useless and manual aim I've really got to compensate for the lag a lot.

Reactions: Pvt.pile
Upvote 0
Artillery really needs some changing, it's far too accurate and far too powerful. I actually bought a Bison to have a go with it and found it is just stupidly easy to land almost every one of your shells directly on an enemy tank. Regardless of range or whether they're moving or not.

What's worse is the developers are stubbornly digging their heels in and refusing point blank to change anything about it. If it keeps going this way I don't think I'll be playing much longer which is sad cause all the other aspects of the game are good :(

Upvote 0
Artillery really needs some changing, it's far too accurate and far too powerful. I actually bought a Bison to have a go with it and found it is just stupidly easy to land almost every one of your shells directly on an enemy tank. Regardless of range or whether they're moving or not.

What's worse is the developers are stubbornly digging their heels in and refusing point blank to change anything about it. If it keeps going this way I don't think I'll be playing much longer which is sad cause all the other aspects of the game are good :(

It's a lot more difficult as you get further along the tech tree.

I've got the SU-8 right now, and the aiming time is ridiculously slow. Also, it takes 20-30 seconds to reload. If a target is moving, he's about 90% safe from me. Only way I can hit a damn thing is if someone is being stupid and sitting still for long enough that my gun can stabilize.

Upvote 0
I just started playing this game a few days ago, its extremely fun.

I wrote a makeshift introductory tutorial for it yesterday: http://krazyxazn.wordpress.com/2011/03/05/welcome-to-my-world-of-tanks-guide/

It's a work in progress, I need to add in some pictures. I would do commentary as I prefer to watch than read, but I don't have a commentary voice. Plus it's feels really awkward hearing myself talk.

Here is a video tutorial with commentary that I made earlier today.
YouTube - World of Tanks - SPG Tutorial with Commentary

Last edited:
Upvote 0
People still play that game?

Gosh, so much grind and the Russian tanks are ridiculous.

Why on earth do the Russians have "modern" tanks and the Germans got the Maus? I mean wtf? Luckily there is no faction system so the imbalance isn't as bad..........................unless ofc you I get grouped with my t3 tankdestroyer against t7 tanks.

But balance aside, the grind feels unbearable mainly because you are pretty much useless with lower tier tanks since you can't do ****. Good luck scouting with a stug 3........

Upvote 0
I don't know why everyone in the WoT community keeps referring to the T54 as a modern tank considering it's first prototype appeared in 1945 and it entered full production in 1947...

Notice those "" and a lot of tanks in that game didn't see any freaking action during WW2 so it makes no freaking sense they are put against a panzer 3 or whatever. Besides there is a huge difference between German tanks being built around 40-44 and allied tanks that were built in effing 47 the difference in technology and quality is mind blowing.

Cmon it is not brain surgery, Russian developers = overpowered Russian tanks for the same reason why most American war movies are always hilariously retarded.

Upvote 0
Notice those "" and a lot of tanks in that game didn't see any freaking action during WW2 so it makes no freaking sense they are put against a panzer 3 or whatever. Besides there is a huge difference between German tanks being built around 40-44 and allied tanks that were built in effing 47 the difference in technology and quality is mind blowing.

Cmon it is not brain surgery, Russian developers = overpowered Russian tanks for the same reason why most American war movies are always hilariously retarded.
Needs more E-Serie then.

Upvote 0