• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Hey Putz, is the F1 game good? :IS2:

Having never played a dedicated F1 game before, I can't really compare. The atmosphere takes a lot of lead from Dirt 2, only its not nearly as pretty. Not sure how they went 2 years and made the engine look dated, but when you're whipping around the track, you don't really notice.

And the extent to which you can modify all the settings on the car is staggering. That said, there are quick setups, if you can't be bothered to figure out the technicalities.

But what does bother me is the damage, or lack thereof. When you're racing the field, the only thing that will break are the front wing and rear spoiler. Even if you fly off the end of Kemmel into the wall. A bit disappointing given how nicely you could crunch up your car in Dirt 2.

:IS2:

Upvote 0
Hey Putz, is the F1 game good? :IS2:

Having never played a dedicated F1 game before, I can't really compare. The atmosphere takes a lot of lead from Dirt 2, only its not nearly as pretty. Not sure how they went 2 years and made the engine look dated, but when you're whipping around the track, you don't really notice.

And the extent to which you can modify all the settings on the car is staggering. That said, there are quick setups, if you can't be bothered to figure out the technicalities.

But what does bother me is the damage, or lack thereof. When you're racing the field, the only thing that will break are the front wing and rear spoiler. Even if you fly off the end of Kemmel into the wall. A bit disappointing given how nicely you could crunch up your car in Dirt 2.

:IS2:

I'm stuck at the cd-key page, the game wont load. Lucky Putz :(

Upvote 0
It's lacking a certain something and the first thing I noticed is road rumble, even the finest laid tarmac gives 'rumble' .

The trouble is I've been playing a lot of Dirt2 recently, maybe!

I've only played a short time and I've already turned all the driving aids off, in an attempt to stimulate simulate :D.

Putz, I'll crash my car, just to check out the damage, or lack thereof :p.

BTW, I'm having fun...

Upvote 0
Just done my first race, in GP /50%.
On what must be "easy" difficulty but no driving assistance or HUD, in car.
Started 24th, finished 24th 2 laps later :D.

The lack of crash damage is defiantly something that needs to be tweaked, I must have taken half of them out myself and don't even mention a possible TK.
I like green cars, so I'm driving a Lotus.

Upvote 0
Heresy :eek:!!! BWM Sauber for the win! :IS2:

:p

458267f3.jpg

Upvote 0
**** gets real when it rains...and at monaco is just plain mean.

Turn that OSD off Putz.
I'm doing Long Weekends at 50%, 3x Practice + 3x Qualifying (if you get in the first 10), after which you should know the Map :D like the back of your hand !

I am having fun with this game, not the same fun that I get with Dirt2, a more serious type of fun.

Did you try MP already ?

Upvote 0