• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

It blows me away how good Lock-On still looks, it's graphics are essentially unchanged since 2003.

Btw can you guys resize the screens you are posting? Not everyone has HD displays around :)

A decent amount has changed graphically. New some effects, new lighting, new clouds and fog, new 3D models and textures, new water, new terrian and more.

The latest version of World looks rather good though some areas do show its age. Two areas the game lack graphically is engine smoke, which is non-existent. The MIG-29A (and I think S) and F-4Es should have a thick smoke trail visible from a distance, where as an F-16 should be smokeless. An important part of visual identification is still missing!

Likewise, ground fires hardly produces any smoke. There is a mod that fixes that though I would like to see it become offical.

Aside from that, a new terrian engine, Edge, should be released soon (or not so soon). Sadly we will have to pay for the new terrains which is a bit annoying IMO. If the final price is not so bad ($5) it wouldn't be so bad, but if they are going the Rise of Flight route in which they charge obscene amounts of money for every little thing I just won't be able to keep up.

And here is a screen shot of a bug I got in Far Cry 3. Barrel on my revolver disappeared. Re-equipping it at a weapon locker fixed the issue:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i remember playing ace combat a decade ago at least on the ps2. Was some good arcade fun.

04 was the best of the ones I played (04, 5, Zero, Xi, and Assault Horizon). This game is okay, but a big step backwards from the PS2 games aside from graphics. I'll update my impressions in the other thread when I get a chance.

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition Gameplay PC - YouTube

Strike Suit Zero:

Gameplay is solid. So far (three missions in) it features classic space shooter type combat. Plays nice with a 360 controller, though you can not aim off boresight making it impossible (or near impossible) to complete some tasks. Which is a shame, because using a mouse/keyboard is terrible for vehicle games. X52Pro doesn't seem to work too well either, but I would expect that from a space game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skyehreem:

Spoiler!

Playing Skyrim is like a weird form of therapy. Mod in some LotR music and maybe some graphics mods then hop in the game after a crappy day at work. Enjoy the freedom and the scenery :p

Edit:

HIMMEL!

Gandalf flying a dragon? Blasphemy :confused:

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With some help I finally managed to do 3d sound in ArmA 2. I wanted to try to add death screams to ArmA 2, and now with the help of a script run from an sqf file I have managed to do it.

ArmA 2 3d Death Screams - YouTube

The first sound is me, the second is from ROHOS, because ROHOS death screams are amazingly well done.
I'm gonna try to get a wide variety of death screams, hopefully some in Dutch, English etc. for usage in missions I make. I want to try and add some feeling of consequence to the game (and hopefully make people more reluctant to die because if they do they have to listen to 30 seconds of gruesome gurgling :p)

Upvote 0
Hmm, I never really got into PoE for some reason :(

And to return to the gurgling death screams, holy **** it brings back a video my friend showed me like a week ago where soldiers execute two mexican drug dealers by splitting the other ones throat with a chainsaw and cutting the other ones head off with a small knife. Cannot be unseen (or heard) FFUUU :eek::eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0