• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

COD2 pictures.

shot00033wz.jpg

Holding the line with artillery support.

shot00009kz.jpg

Reunited with my love, the carbine.

shot00012on.jpg

I still don't get it.

shot00020ox.jpg

Air support. God those were some long five minutes.

Upvote 0
It's actually a really good game. While it is still not as realistic as say, RO, they have tried to make it more so.

There are no health packs anymore, crosshairs disappear when moving now (so you don't get people running and jumping and head shooting you), the weapons' damage seems to have been increased, and movement is better.

The graphics are also outstanding, well if you can run it on higher settings anyway.

Even if you don't go for the multiplayer, the single player levels are very cool, with regards to how they immerse you and the sheer scale of some of the fights.

Upvote 0
Sick to death of a singleplayer FPS? Incase you haven't noticed, there's about a 5 to 1 ratio of MP games to SP games.

I haven't played CoD2, but I've played CoD1, and loved it. It's an immersive experience with lots of fun. I'm sure CoD2 does not dissapoint.

I've been playing tons of BF2 lately. It's a fantastic game, if you don't expect it to be the worlds most realistic FPS game. Good graphics, addicting gameplay, amazingly different maps. Constant updates.

Upvote 0
Karkand, Sharqi, and Wake Island ftw. Karkand is the best thing BF2 has in the way of sole infantry combat, which basically means infantry supporting the APCs and tanks, and the trucks supporting the infantry. But Karkand just isn't Karkand without the 64 map.

Are there any videos that show SF for what it really is, instead of marketing execs embellishing gameplay?

Upvote 0
I have no idea what you're talking about. If you don't want to read their reviews, maybe I could persuede you.

BF2:SF is an EXPANSION. It's not here to completely change the game in any way. If you're looking for the game to be changed radically, you should stop reading now. If you love infantry combat, infantry maps, and anything involving infantry, then SF is for you.

SF adds a few new features that change gameplay slightly. Night maps, Ziplines, and Grappling hooks. There are some maps that have them disabled, so if you dislike ziplines, nightmaps, the colour pink, or whatever, you will still have a favorite map.

If you have an extra 30$, go for it. If you have 40$ and you need to feed your family and buy a new pair of shoes, wait some time.

Personally, I love the game. I think it's a perfectly balanced, amazingly fun, different type of FPS which doesn't follow the straight bland, overdone gameplay of CS. Instead, it focuses on fast paced action, teamplay, and most importantly, fun.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
2ltben said:
MEC != terrorist organization. They're the organized armies of several Middle Eastern nations and operate as a coalition of conventional armies.
If you're not with us, you're with the enemy, and they're not with us so they're terrorists!

I want BF2, but I don't know if it will run on my comp. :\ I need some more RAM. If I had a gig I could probably run most anything, 'cause the only problems I have are just hitches when seeing new areas and loading times.

Upvote 0