• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Why shouldn't you be able to? Haven't really been into the Stalker modding scene lately, but that Misery mod looked promising, the last time I checked.
It's awesome. It truly is misery playing that mod, but in a fun way. Everything is so scarce in the zone. I don't even throw away stale bread because I always end up resort to eating due to spending all my money on ammo and medication.

Upvote 0
It's awesome. It truly is misery playing that mod, but in a fun way. Everything is so scarce in the zone. I don't even throw away stale bread because I always end up resort to eating due to spending all my money on ammo and medication.

I remember a mod for Clear Sky, Redux I think it was, made by the guys who made Redux for SoC, which afforded me plenty of similar experiences - I was actually forced to scavenge and loot stashes for measly rations, with as much as two dozen pistol rounds and a single mag for my AK. Finding bandages and medkits was like a holiday. Too bad I never had the time to advance farther than the initial Swamp area, being swamped with silly chores like graduating from high school. :(

Upvote 0
I remember a mod for Clear Sky, Redux I think it was, made by the guys who made Redux for SoC, which afforded me plenty of similar experiences - I was actually forced to scavenge and loot stashes for measly rations, with as much as two dozen pistol rounds and a single mag for my AK. Finding bandages and medkits was like a holiday. Too bad I never had the time to advance farther than the initial Swamp area, being swamped with silly chores like graduating from high school. :(
Thanks to you I'm doing another run through MISERY and I'm going through the exact same thing. :eek: In Oblivion Lost and other mods I would always skip stashes but now I'm scrounging for anything to use. I got ambushed by a Mercenary squad in an apartment and only had 12 rounds for my AK. I had to resort to picking up their damaged weapons and pulling their grenades off their bodies for me to use. I only have enough food to last me a day at most. Zombies scare the **** out of me because I never have enough ammo and they always ambush me from every side. I don't even travel at night anymore. Best luck to you; hopefully you get more time to play this great game. :)

Some screenshots from the MISERY mod for STALKER: Call of Pripyat:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Thanks to you I'm doing another run through MISERY and I'm going through the exact same thing. :eek: In Oblivion Lost and other mods I would always skip stashes but now I'm scrounging for anything to use. I got ambushed by a Mercenary squad in an apartment and only had 12 rounds for my AK. I had to resort to picking up their damaged weapons and pulling their grenades off their bodies for me to use. I only have enough food to last me a day at most. Zombies scare the **** out of me because I never have enough ammo and they always ambush me from every side. I don't even travel at night anymore. Best luck to you; hopefully you get more time to play this great game. :)

Some screenshots from the MISERY mod for STALKER: Call of Pripyat:

Spoiler!

Great screen shots. The series was full of bugs and lacked polish, but it was still a wonderful game. I really wish we could get a STALKER 2 with a lot more polish.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I hope to have more time to catch up with my gaming now that this semester is coming to an end - going to have to dig out my CoP and install MISERY once I get home. Btw, anyone tried the CoP version of Redux? Atm I'm torn between the two, as they both seem right down my alley, a comparative review would be appreciated, if anyone has tried both of them. :)

Upvote 0