• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Ja the gameplay of Rage doesn't look too groundbreaking but :eek: on the graphics.

And Conviction looks like total cartoony asshole. Chaos theory looks like it had better graphics and was way more badass.
None of what you said makes a lick of sense.

You think the graphics on Rage look good but you're saying those of Conviction are cartoony? Did you confuse the two games or something?

Upvote 0
Are you kidding me zips? This looks worse to you?

942657_20100504_790screen004.jpg

942657_20100504_790screen005.jpg

Conviction doesn't look bad technically, it's just all clean arcadey looking and "nice". But ignoring my dislike of the art style, Rage is still a leap ahead. If you don't think these two screens look good you're just plain nuts. Plus watch Rage in motion. The animations are boner-inducing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Haha I usually didn't bother planning at all and just shot everything and eventually all my teammates were shot sooner or earlier so that in the later missions i was only using substitute squadmates lol. Later on I used pre-done plans where you didn't have to do much. The fascination of the game rather lay in the weapon variety, awesome scenarios etc for me.

Upvote 0
wtf are you playing on ultra low settings or something? In my memory it looked way better! Maybe I'm starting to get old :X Loved that game back then.

No, I just checked and everything except the character shadows is on high.

It doesn't have the best graphics compared to today's standards, but they're good enough for an enjoyable experience. Also, keep in mind there's some .jpeg compression. If I'd resize the pics to about half their size they would probably look a bit better (this is almost always the case for screenshots).

We played that Airport level in such a fast and aggressive manner that we saved all hostages in about 7 - 10 minutes. Moving fast, shooting tangos on the move, clearing rooms as fast as possible, it's a rush. Quite a realistic simulation of CT battles actually.

Last edited:
Upvote 0