• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spaaaaaace! Which space sim or space survival are you playing?

Kittenmittens

Tripwire Interactive Community Team
Staff member
With some recent additions to the genre I'm curious what games other space nerds are enjoying. I did end up skipping No Man's Sky *giggles* but did recently pick up Astroneer and Empyrion: Galactic Survival. Both feel different enough to keep my attention and both are in early access. Anyone else playing these or something similar?

NorthDumpling;n2283185 said:
also managed to play Alien Isolation some time ago.

Alien Isolation is THE sh!t! That game has amazing sounds and atmosphere. Took a really long time, but I managed to complete it not too long ago.

For space simulators, Elite: Dangerous is the one I've been playing. Started playing back when it launched in 2014 and still occasionally pop in to shoot someone. Just now went to check what the fuss is about, something about a first encounter with an alien ship..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've never played Space Engineers or Elite Dangerous. I've been tempted by both. I had no idea theere was an encounter with an alien ship in Elite: Dangerou, I will have to look up some stuff on that. It sounds cool.

I loved Alien Isolation too. You're right about the atmosphere and sounds. They nailed it. When I was playing, I was totally immersed. I need to finish that game.

Upvote 0
The game is amazing!love it
o.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0