• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Festung Europa Pre-Alpha Gameplay Trailer

Comrade Kaizer

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mpR3IXpzGs

From Shurek...

On this day 72 years ago, the Allies began their assault on Hitler's "Festung Europa" - Fortress Europe - by land, sea, and air. By the end of 6 June 1944 through hard fighting on the beaches and in the coastal towns of Normandy, over 100,000 Allied soldiers had made it ashore to begin what was to become known as the Battle of France. Among them were the men of the Commonwealth's 21st Army Group.

"To us is given the honour of striking a blow for freedom which will live in history; and in the better days that lie ahead men will speak with pride of our doings. We have a great and a righteous cause. Let us pray that 'The Lord Mighty in Battle' will go forth with our armies, and that His special providence will aid us in the struggle. I want every soldier to know that I have complete confidence in the successful outcome of the operations that we are now about to begin. With stout hearts, and with enthusiasm for the contest, let us go forward to victory."
- Sir Bernard Montgomery, 5 June 1944

To recognize your patience as our Community, and as a small token of appreciation, we are today unveiling our first gameplay trailer for Festung Europa. Please be aware that we are still in the pre-Alpha phase of development and that there is still much work to be done, although a solid foundation for the game's advancement has now been laid. Many thanks to all of you for your continued support, and a deep sense of gratitude to all of our teammates who toil away - and continue to do so - in their free time to bring this game from a dream to reality.

Enjoy and see you on the battlefield!

Source

Nice, SS troops w/ rolled-up sleeves, looks like their resident Wehraboo community is in the throes of ecstasy right about now, heh.
Anywho, 99% sure the finished game is going to be drastically different from what's shown in this teaser (derp, so wise, hence the alpha in the vid's name), and is probably still a long ways off, so I don't really have anything else to add. :p

Upvote 0