• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefiled 1 - WW1

Excited to see more WW1 in mainstream myself, but the teaser looked very "Hollywood". I know there were aircraft dogfights in WW1, but the scenes in the trailer looked like Top Gun with Bi-Planes :)

I dunno. Went to a ww1 air museum. Pretty crazy **** happended with those early dogfights. Such as Ramming being a legit tactic. Throwing ropes, lopping grenades into other people's planes or even just having a direct go at the other pilot. Wouldn't be surprised if people tried to board each other.

Upvote 0
Can we see it again? I don't know if anyone else of you saw the live announcement event on twitch, but man that was underwhelming. Well okay, they showed a trailer or better teaser which was cool (but nothing special and the music was not really fitting), after that nothing. The game is supposed to come out in October but instead of showing gameplay (they only talked about it) we learned about the preorder DLC, great.

Battlefield will obviously bend the rules of the World War I setting, which is fine. Battlefield is fun for what it is. In the end the price tag of the whole package and my ****ty PC will stop me from playing it anyway. So I am not hyped but I salute the bold choice by DICE to pick the WWI era.

I am just glad for Rising Storm 2 that it is not set in the Vietnam era.

Oh and just like Xbox One the name Battlefield 1 is simply plain stupid.

Upvote 0
They need to show more ground/infantry footage and the actual gameplay.

At least they stopped with the trend towards modern and futuristic warfare. Heck, even RO2 is moving in that direction (which I am sure it will play fine RO Style, but the more modern you get the more semi and auto's you have and that is somewhat of a turnoff...)

Give me WW2, maybe the Korean war or earlier for a setting such as WW1 and I will be happiest.

Upvote 0
They need to show more ground/infantry footage and the actual gameplay.

At least they stopped with the trend towards modern and futuristic warfare. Heck, even RO2 is moving in that direction (which I am sure it will play fine RO Style, but the more modern you get the more semi and auto's you have and that is somewhat of a turnoff...)

Give me WW2, maybe the Korean war or earlier for a setting such as WW1 and I will be happiest.

RO and RS are different game series now. Well RS2 just came to Vietnam, no need to worry about.

Upvote 0
I will leave it here :)

TE1b0HCyezE.jpg

Upvote 0