• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

a matter of preference isnt it?

poultrygeist

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2015
Kiting WinLondon
i read through a thread earlier today and wanted to answer to it but it would have gone off topic..so making a new thread instead.

i simply cannot understand why people are so hatefull towards either console or PC players.its a matter of preference and while i can see some points (poor ports,different controls and such) its rediculous this master race or fanboy talk imo.

in the case of poor ports from console to PC..its not the fault of someone that prefers either platform but the greed of big game studios that want to make a quick buck.there have been terrible examples of those (read arkham night for example) but also good ports where the developers took their time to port a great game to PC so its enjoyed on both platforms (read GTA5 for example)

i grew up on console games (NES,SNES,N64..) but moved on to PC because i like having control over my system and upgrading it if needed.not to speak of modding, M+K controls and so forth. consoles on the other hand have their own advantages..the biggest (for me) being you can just sit back relaxed,grab a controller and play what tickles your fancy.yes i know you can use controllers on PC too but the slouching factor(if that is a thing lol) is something that you wont get on a PC.and then there's money ofc. people just dont want to spend alot on a decent PC and keep upgrading it when there is an option to spend,what, 450 quit on a system and its good to go for several years.but then..who am i to judge them because of this choice?
iam personally happy to see consoles get better and better and enable dev's like TWI to expand their fanbase and bring new players into "the family".
yes there will be bad ports from both PC and Consoles and thats how it goes sadly.but blaming the players for choosing the "inferiour" system is childish!

rant over :D

People who feel the need to boast about their PC and yell ''PC master race'' generally have a low self-esteem and need something to hold on to.

''PC Master Race'' was a satire movement. Now people take it too seriously and it gives a bad name to us PC gamers.

My first console was a Gameboy Color. I grew up with Nintendo for years. Then I had a PS3, but I hated the controls. I just couldn't shoot people with a controller. This is why I switched to PC, now the mouse and keyboard feels more natural to use for me.

I personally don't hate consoles, but I hate close-minded people who feel the need to brag about how powerful their PC is, or how for cheap they can game with a console.

If you don't want to spend too much money on vydias and are fine with a controller: buy a console

If you don't mind spending more on a customized gaming platform that'll allow you more freedom and higher graphics, get a PC.

End of the story.

What I do with my PC is that I turn it into an all-purpose machine that'll replace a console and a TV. I've decided to spend the money I save on my PC and on a better internet. That's just a personal choice.

Upvote 0
I never got it either, and always thought it was satire when I saw "PC Master Race"! People say that seriously?

I like both a lot, I'm on playstations because I got one after the SNES/64 as a child and just kept upgrading the console to see the next installment of my favourite games.

A big part of why I switch between PC and PS4 (and use controllers for some PC games) is also because my mouse hand has sustained serious damage over my lifetime, the knuckles and small bones are all but useless and the wrist is busted. Controllers simply feel better in my hand than a mouse does currently.

Don't see how someone could argue against that! Even if they did, what would I care? That argument would change nothing, same as it always has.

Upvote 0
I just hate consoles. They are expensive, need to be replaced often, and there are so many different games that are exclusive to one console or another. Do you have any idea how much I wish I could get Mario Party and all those other ridiculous games on PC? As far as the people are concerned, there are asshats on both sides and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm a gamer at heart and if I could,I would have every console available and a good PC as well. But I'm still a student and I can't do that. So I use a nice laptop (not too powerful but it does the job) and then I have to choose a console if I want to play newer games. And then it's purely a matter of "which consoles has the games that interest me the most" , and in that case it was the xbone . Otherwise I have nothing against the Playstation ,nor the Wii U and if I truly were to choose , then I'd say PC for mod support!

Upvote 0
I just hate consoles. They are expensive, need to be replaced often, and there are so many different games that are exclusive to one console or another. Do you have any idea how much I wish I could get Mario Party and all those other ridiculous games on PC? As far as the people are concerned, there are asshats on both sides and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

a good point.. exclusive titles are there to make you spend 400+ quit to buy a console.but for me that wouldnt go since there's no game i would want that much to spend this amount of money on.on the other hand..if i had the dosh to spare id buy a console anyway just to be able to couch potatoe sometime :D

as for breaking of them things..i had a PS 3 for 3 years and it never broke once.maybe i got lucky..dunno. my PC did break recently though starting with the psu dieing first frying the processor as well as the mobo..so yeah, that was some expensive downtime for me.could have bought a PS4 with this money at least. but i went to replace those parts. and thats what it boils down to for me..personal preference. but id never slack someone because they like this system better over the other.

anyway..back onto the wipetrain :p

Upvote 0
Its not what ppl say about console users or hating them but more about hating the makers of those consoles and their strategies of making money that make ppl buy consoles based on games exclusive to them, they try to ruin every ones choice in the end and ruin the longevity of certain franchises. I just quit buying a console after what they did, that you have to have a subscription to use their games properly (mean xbox live and ps+ services here) like you spent so much money and in the end you endup with a subpar experience and no freedom of choice. Like so many Ive felt let down by this decisions that hurt fans of certain franchises and end up being butthurt for real cuz of said marketing tactics (looking at u blooodborn and Demon Souls).

Upvote 0
For me, it's just the impact that cross platform designs end up having on PC versions of games. Control schemes, graphics options, even basic gameplay design, all have to account for controllers and console hardware, which often has a detrimental effect on the quality of the PC version.

I'd rather wait 6 months to two years for a proper PC version than having both as day zero releases, where the PC version is functionally no different or better than the console version.

So while I don't "hate" consoles, I'm less than thrilled with the impact they have on games played on my preferred platform. It's to the point now I think a good USB controller is pretty much mandatory for PC gamers, as it's just easier to use a controller (where the control scheme has designed for it from square one) versus using a keyboard and mouse, which lately have just seemed like a cluster **** of individual key mappings that are exclusive. Just got GTA5 yesterday and the difference between how intelligently the controller scheme is set up versus the keyboard is huge. Why, for example, the controller can recognize individual button assignments based on context (walking, moving, driving etc...) but the keyboard controls are all like "LOL NOPE, DATS MAPPED" is beyond me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because they are mad haterz but the true is PC gaming is in **** era because of players. They play lame MOBAs and other crap, and ignore the rest. AAA games are therfore developed for gamepads and consoles primarly because everyone knows that they will make more money there than on PC in most cases.

Upvote 0