• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What games have you dumped the most hours into?

Coffee009

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 6, 2012
Ohio
Don't be shy!

23674090eb.jpg

My Steam account says this:

And then there are those games which aren't in Steam or haven't been recorded to there. Some worth mentioning are Battlefield 1942, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 and Victoria: Revolutions. Xfire (which I haven't used in years) says that I've spent 932 hours in Battlefield 1942 and 271 in RO:Ostfront, but those are way under the real hours. My estimation is that I've spent +2000 hours in Bf1942 and from 500 to 1000 hours in RO:Ostfront. Hours spent in Victoria: Revolutions aren't recorded anywhere, but I think the amount of hours fall somewhere between Bf1942 and RO:Ostfront.

Upvote 0
Unreal Gold atleast 100,000+ Hours been playing sense it was released in 1998. (non-steam)
UT99 roughly 90,000+ Hours. (non-steam)
UT2004 roughly 50,000+ Hours. (non-steam)

100000 hours? Not sure if serious..

Really, that's 11 years of playing nonstop 24 hours a day. Plus the rest of your game time. Come on man, try to stay realistic. Maybe 10k hours max, maybe it might've felt like 100k hours

And then there are those games which aren't in Steam or haven't been recorded to there. Some worth mentioning are Battlefield 1942, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45...

Didn't RO1 launch on steam only? I bought it in 2007 or 2008 and Steam has recorded the hours on it for me. Unless the stats have reset some time of course

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Didn't RO1 launch on steam only? I bought it in 2007 or 2008 and Steam has recorded the hours on it for me. Unless the stats have reset some time of course
At that time we had a shared Steam account with my little brother, but later I made my own and gave the shared account completely to him. That account which is his now, says that the time spent playing RO:Ostfront is 149 hours, but my Xfire account says that the time spent in RO:Ostfront is 271 hours. I think Steam started to keep track of playing time later than RO:Ostfront launched. Both of those figures are lower than the time I've really spent in RO:Ostfront, and my little brother has played only a few hours of it, so his "contribution" doesn't bring the number much up.

Upvote 0

Steam started recording hours properly somewhere between late 2008 and early 2009, and it only records them correctly if one is online as they play. Offline hours won't count (this also includes why it's possible to see achivements devoid of timestamps) and many old games simply didn't have them or it had skewed recording. In my case, I recall RO1 only started recording hours in 2009 and all those hours sank between 2006 and 2008 were MIA; and I am quite sure I sank easily few hundred hours in Counter-Strike etc once upon a time, yet my current clock sits less than few hours.

Upvote 0
Yes i'm serious and it's a 17 year old game and my favorite game.
If you really would've played +100k hours of Unreal Gold in 17 years, then that would mean on average you'd spent over 16 hours every day playing that game. That combined with the other claimed gaming hours of the Unreal-series says, that you've played Unreal games over 27 years in a 17 year period.

So if you haven't played those games "multitasking" or you don't have a time machine cabable to backward time traveling, then I'd call those claims BS.

Upvote 0
Steam started recording hours properly somewhere between late 2008 and early 2009, and it only records them correctly if one is online as they play. Offline hours won't count (this also includes why it's possible to see achivements devoid of timestamps) and many old games simply didn't have them or it had skewed recording. In my case, I recall RO1 only started recording hours in 2009 and all those hours sank between 2006 and 2008 were MIA; and I am quite sure I sank easily few hundred hours in Counter-Strike etc once upon a time, yet my current clock sits less than few hours.

I see. Actually now that I check my old xfire profile it indeed has about 100 more RO1 hours played than it says on Steam.

Yes i'm serious and it's a 17 year old game and my favorite game.

I expect you to not play any other game ever to achieve those numbers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0