• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Rainbow Six: Siege

[-project.rattus-]

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Austria
www.youtube.com
The new Rainbow Six game just started it's prerelease Alpha event, allthough I do not know if it's a real alpha in development terms or just a codename for a pretty early access demo.
Be it as it may, I won access via applying for it, not by preordering.

Here's a video of my first play session:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=APqQ9rLk91g]

Here's my short verdict after about 40 minutes of play on the single map in the available hostage rescue gamemode:

The map is tiny, which makes for very short rounds.
Guns feel kind of light and weak and lack punch, while still being deadly.
5vs5 is something I actually like, because it makes every player valauable.
Level destruction is interesting, but for now, people mostly used the available doors.

So, all in all, it looks like it's going to be decent, but not great.
I would dearly like it to be good, as Rainbow Six is what got me into tactical FPS games, and it was also the first game that dissapointed with a crass change of direction towards console style fps with Lockdown and the marginally better Vegas games.

Last edited:
It's a combination of the pace of the game, map size, then having to choose your gear at the end and wait for the timer. It makes the gameplay feel short and downtime too long. If they could figure out a different way to do the gear selection at the end of the round and slow down gameplay it could be more enjoyable. At the moment I find it great fun though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0