• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RageQuitters - Another gaming website; or is it?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I actually wanted to talk to Alex Quick. Tried contacting him on Moddb with a message and couldn't get through. Guess I'll never be able to donate to that fella or ask him about KFMod 2.51 :(

You donated to him by purchasing KF1 and Depth ;) I can ask about KFMod 2.51 if you like? What did you have in mind? Or you could submit a Steam friend request to Unexpected Squirt and ask him yourself.

Upvote 0
You donated to him by purchasing KF1 and Depth ;) I can ask about KFMod 2.51 if you like? What did you have in mind? Or you could submit a Steam friend request to Unexpected Squirt and ask him yourself.

There was this old old announcement that talked about how if you donate to him you'll get special access to KFMod 2.51 and an HD version of Killing Floor with nude zeds so the Clot would have his...uh.."cloning/mutating" device. I've been wanting to get KFMod 2.51 for a couple of years. Have this folder where I have all versions of Killing Floor e.g Initial Release, Heavy Metal Update, Christmas 2009, Husk Added, all versions of KFMod and etc. I want to complete it by having KFMod 2.51. I wouldn't mind sending Alex some pounds to wish him support on his new games(couldn't believe that Depth was actually made by him). The Co-op Survival genre needs to go on.

Upvote 0
KFMod 2.51 has been released, by the community for some time, it includes the Patriarch boss also, it's here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/downloads/killing-floor-252-zip-archive

I see the original post by Alex (8 years ago!) here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/news/killing-floor-251

I totally forgot about that. :) I'm guessing he has moved on from this as the IP was sold to Tripwire and the rest is history. I'll gladly put it to him though, i'd love to see KFMod get a facelift.

Upvote 0
KFMod 2.51 has been released, by the community for some time, it includes the Patriarch boss also, it's here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/downloads/killing-floor-252-zip-archive

I see the original post by Alex (8 years ago!) here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/news/killing-floor-251

I totally forgot about that. :) I'm guessing he has moved on from this as the IP was sold to Tripwire and the rest is history. I'll gladly put it to him though, i'd love to see KFMod get a facelift.

That's 2.52(a community patch, not the original KFMod 2.51) that's been released. There was this download link on filefront, but that sites dead for good. The download probably wasn't available in the first place. "KF 2.51R Patch" it was called. There's also this http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/downloads/killing-floor-community-patched-version-251 It's not downloadable though, file removed once again. There's this Miasma community that has a thread on this http://miasma.org/index.php?topic=34.0 Maybe it's gone for good :(

Seen a KFMod 3.0 announcement in 2014 talking about new models or something. Wondering what happened to that...

Upvote 0
You're in luck (I think). I have an archive that could possibly be the first version that Alex sent me years ago when I was helping him test KFMod. I have a few more archives but not sure what shape they're in. Anyway, see how you get on with this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78308156/KF2.51test.rar

Holy hell, This is exactly what I want! I can't thank you enough for this man. I'm seriously in debt and will do anything to support you. Oh and if you don't mind me asking, do you have any of the other versions of the mod? Specifically the 1.0 demo or anything that hasn't been released to the public. I'd kill it for it! Once again I'm really thankful for your help and hope you luck in your future endeavours and your website, Ragequitters.

Upvote 0
Feedback Needed!

Feedback Needed!

Hello guys,

I am the main content creator for RageQuitters. There are 3 of us, so far. Myself who creates most of the website content and YouTube videos, my other buddy who works mainly on maintaining the website and my other buddy who churns out the in-depth hardware reviews.

We've been live since February 2015 and I think we've done quite well. Although we're not exactly setting the world on fire on YouTube, with 253 subscribers. The actual channel belongs to me, created back in 2010. I mainly used it just to capture gaming memories with buddies, I started to use it seriously at the same time the site went live.

Now, the reason for this post. A few people have suggested that we start up a Patreon campaign as 2 of us would love to do this as a career (the other guy is a wuss). We're fairly proactive in trying to seek out original content.

I'd love nothing more than to quit my day job (I work as a software engineer/Deputy) and start up something exciting, something I have a passion for.... games journalism/reviewer/collaborator.

Currently, my response to the people who suggest Patreon is "we simply don't have the audience numbers" - What i'd like is for you guys to take a quick look at the website and our YouTube channel - would it be something you'd invest in? If not, what do we need more/less of?

This isn't a begging post, this is just me, wanting to get some opinions from you. I'm 42 years old and sick of my day job. I want to do the games stuff, full time. Working 8 hours a day in an office doesn't give you much scope to churn out content.

Here's our website: www.ragequitters.co.uk - links to social media are at the top.

Thank you, we look forward to receiving your feedback.

P.S - We're now on Razer's hardware review list, so that's a massive deal for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Honest opinion, oh my you asked for it so here it is ...

Disclaimer: I just had a quick look, at some of your videos and at your website.

I don't think size doesn't matter for Patreon, it more depends on your community, are they into it? If your fans are willing to invest, Patreon could get you quite far with a small audience. And I am not 100% sure how Patreon works, but I think your supporters will want something in return T-shirts, exclusive content or ****. So keep that in mind.

Some ideas on what you can do:

• get more subscribers, set yourself an achievable goal, like getting to 1000 subs within the next 3-6 months
  • maybe it would be smart to break your youtube channels into smaller subchannels (can be done with the same account), so people who are interested in reviews, don't get clogged up by Let's plays
  • put a subscribe button (watch more videos) at the end of each of your videos
  • look into promoting your channel, tell ALL your facebook friends (and your colleges should do the same) to like your rage quitter articles on facebook (all of them, always)
  • advertising on facebook is fairly cheap, maybe that is an option
  • do email newsletters
  • turn off the auto focus on your camera
  • I am not a fan of long rambling videos (especially in reviews), give them structure, make them more condensed, give a clear verdict at the end
  • how are you making money? I didn't see any ads on your website, at least some ads wouldn't hurt
  • Are you taking part in an affiliate program?
  • Listen to your fans/subscribers
  • unique content is always a plus, there is always someone who can offer a more insightful review or a more popular Let's play, perhaps you can do a show where you give your honest opinion about games/ a gaming topic, preferably bring a friend

I think hardware reviews are a good niche you could fill, I know they are hard to do (because they are expensive if not sponsernd) but if you do them make them special. I suggest you don't quit your day job before you are certain your "hobby" will pay for itself ;)

Maybe I can think of more later.

That's my opinion, for whatever it is worth.

Good luck

Upvote 0
Thank you Kettch. Thanks for your honesty, which is what we want. I have no intention of giving up my dayjob until i'm 1001% sure we can make something work. To be fair, this is just a pipedream and i'll likely just continue on my current path. It's still something i'm very passionate about.

All suggestions taken on board. I'll take a look at some things that can be fixed now and work on the other suggestions going forward. I'll speak with Paul (our hardware guy) and tell him about the focus on his phone (yes, phone, we can't afford snazzy cameras, yet. lol).

Again, thanks for your feed back, it really is appreciated. :)

Gregs

Upvote 0
For a phone camera the picture and sound aren't too bad. :cool:

Came up with some more ideas

• if you don't want to spend a lot of money on equipment maybe you can borrow it somewhere?
  • Check out the youtube creator academy, this should give you some ideas to make the most of the little resources you are working with right now, lots of tips on editing and shooting videoshttps://creatoracademy.withgoogle.com/creatoracademy/page/education
  • The sound in your videos is fine, but in my opinion good sound quality is more important than perfect video quality, I would invest in good sound before doing 4K videos if you know what I mean
  • How hard is it to find rage quitters with google? It should be very easy if you haven't done it already optimize your site accordingly
  • Take pictures of the hardware you are reviewing, you have the chance to show features and "rough edges" of the hardware that are normally not visible on promo shots, and perhaps you know someone who has a good camera and knows how to use it
  • You can ask your community want kind of content they want, would they even bother to watch an unboxing?
  • If you are really shameless you could reach out to other youtubers and ask them for adivce, maybe they will even help you promote your channel :eek:
  • In your outro, additionally to the subscribe and watch more videos buttons, you could ask your viewers to support you on Patreon or turn off their adblockers for you but don't be to pushy, plain text and some nice (royalty free) music could do the trick
  • Almost 4,000 post and I have never used lists before, what a shame they are really useful :D

I am planning to get a new gaming mouse soon, if you want I could write up my thoughts as guest review so to say.

Last edited:
Upvote 0