• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RageQuitters - Another gaming website; or is it?

How is this a review? It's just two mostly quiet dudes (who don't seem to be thrilled about it at all) playing a game for 38 minutes while occasionally rambling about the game. Not even a "rage" flavor since that seems to be the theme you're going for.

Unscripted, unedited

A good review should have both. You should pack it with condensed information and put in the effort to do so. Then, you add in your own flavor to differentiate yourselves from all the 35345 people reviewing this game so people come back.

Upvote 0
Yeah. Wholly uncut audio may suffice for devs live streaming or something. But in any professional capacity, you need editing. Good editing can add a lot to a production, and cut out the awkward bits. It also forces you to listen to yourself and ask whether what you're saying is worth saying. If a 38 minute thing only has 8 to 10 minutes that are actually worth it, its a service to your audience to cut it down.

Upvote 0
We bagged another exclusive Q&A, this time with the Co-founder of Stainless Games. We probe about the state of their recent release of Carmageddon: Reincarnation.

http://www.ragequitters.co.uk/carmageddon-reincarnation-qa-with-nobby-barnden-2/

Kind of disappointing review, didn't really ask any relevant questions just shat on them and kept asking them if they were gonna fix their game and make it better, then the interview was over after like 5 questions. Would have liked some questions like: Are the new cars nearing completion, where's the Iron Maiden in the soundtrack, how happy are they with the overall game, anything they're planning to add to it?

Upvote 0
It wasn't a review, it was a Q&A with a view to answering the most frequently asked questions on the Steam forums. It was aimed at performance mainly as that's the main thing crippling the game.

And as for "shatting" on them. That wasn't the aim of the Q&A. It's a no-nonsense, no sugar-coating interview, which Nobby was very happy to partake in and am sure he appreciated. It's not like we were calling him or his staff incompetent fools or idiots. As for the cars and soundtrack, I think they need to focus on fixing the game first before even thinking about additional content.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I must be one of the few people who didn't find the framerate issues with Carma Reincarnated to be an issue, at all. I've got a pretty beefy rig but....I don't expect flawless 60FPS all the time always. I think they got an unreasonable amount of **** for the game's performance. The only real problem it has IMO is loading times. Maybe people figure dropping $1k+ on a gaming PC entitles them to ***** a blue streak over performance. Arkham Knight has performance issues worth *****ing about. Carma Reincarnated doesn't even come close to that.

Upvote 0
I get good performance with Carmageddon as well, not any real complaints. And no, it's not additional content, it's part of what was promised. Project X and the Heinzmobile are supposed to be coming out, vehicles with tank track mechanics. Anyway I didn't realize it was fan questions I thought it was interviewer questions so that's different. But don't take my critiques personally, no sugar here either but that doesn't mean I'm ****ting on you hehe.

Upvote 0
But don't take my critiques personally, no sugar here either but that doesn't mean I'm ****ting on you hehe.

Absolutely not my friend. It's nice to hear other people's opinions. :) The game does run OK (not amazing) on my rig (GTX 970, 12GB DDR3 RAM, Intel i7 960 CPU) but I have to leave settings as they are or even dial things down slightly.

It's healthy conversation, it's all good. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, the whole interview I made was about the concerns about the performance and the low graphics, content comes second if the game is being refunded in such a high rate, if they don't earn money with the game because people are getting refunds because it runs so badly on most pc's then they wont be able to add anything new to it, only a few has a pc capable of running it over 40 fps, in a racing game, and especially one that looks like a game from 2005 people expect it to run nice on all systems, that's the main flaw of the game, the average gamer around only has a mid range system, a game can be heavy and run poorly but in exchange it has to deliver massive eye candy so people are happy with it, but Carmageddon doesn't have it.

Upvote 0